• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  193
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

I always thought that God was One in Three manifestations, I read recently that He is Three separate persons. Why is Trinity so hard to define, I think it is the hardest subject in the Bible.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

1John5:7..."For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost; and these three are ONE."

It is a mystery we will understand on heaven.

John1:14..."And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt amoung us,(and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotton of the Father), full of grace and truth."

God Bless you Tatie, Carl...OSAS :D

I agree that the Trinity is a concept that is hard to understand but is entirely throughout the Word!

From the beginning of the Bible until the End the trinity is interlaced through.  

Genesis 1:26

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

I agree that this is a subject that we will not fully understand until we get to heaven.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Yes, our own minds simply cannot comprehend certain facts about our God and this is one of them. This is definitely where faith kicks in and we say, I don't understand it Lord, but I do believe you. And we simply rest in that truth, trusting our God.  :D

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  68

I always like to think of the apple analogy. I'm sure you've heard it but if not here it is! :D

The apple has three parts. The outer peel or skin, the flesh that we eat, and the inner core. Three parts in one physical item. If the apple can have three parts, why not God?!?!? The peel= the Holy Spirit, the flesh= Jesus Christ, and the core= God.

Hope that helps!

God Bless! :D

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  193
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/05/1954

The apple doensn't have three parts, it's just an apple.  :D

I heard a better example: The WATER: liquid, ice and air! So is God can manifest Himself in three different forms. The difficulty is three persons at ones.

The only thing that gives me an idea is that a man is created in God's image and how we have physical, mental and spiritual parts. There are three different "entities" in one body, do you talk to yourself?  :D

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  68

That's why I like the apple better than water  :D It's all at once Plus you can say which is which. Like I said skin= Holy Spirit. He's on the outside because he draws us in and nurtures us in God and his word. Flesh= Jesus Christ, he gave his flesh for us! And core= God, he should be at the core of everything we do!

God Bless!  :D

Guest Shilo

In Revelation Chapter 5 6-7 says this

And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, haveing seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

What is exciting is that John saw Jesus take the book right out of the hand of God.....so the apple and ice examples are great because God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit are one but three separate....Awesome how God is.