IGNORED

Does God answer prayer's from un-believers?

Jayyycuuup

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I personally haven't came across anything that would say yes, or no. So I'm hoping someone else could answer this..... For God to grant you, your wish i.e. a miracle do you have to be saved....

Heb 11:6 says that without faith, it is impossible to please God. Unbelievers have no faith so they should not be able to have their prayers answered. God will always respond to any person's cry for salvation.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

1 Peter 3:12

12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

KJV

I don't know if this verse helps any or not I guess a saved person could do evil, and not have their prayers heard, but most of the time the evil doer would be looked at as unsaved!

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  02/03/1966

God does not care about religion, he cares about a peronal relationship with him. Prayers are answered by non christians but i do agree that you must have some measure of faith to pray or to call out to God.

• Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

God does not care about religion, he cares about a peronal relationship with him. Prayers are answered by non christians but i do agree that you must have some measure of faith to pray or to call out to God.

so if God does not care about religion, why would scriptures, that were inspired by Him, say that Jesus is the Way, the Way, not one way, the way, and No man cometh unto the Father but by Him (Jesus Christ) wouldn't you have to be before God in a sense, Before you pray, and you can't come before God or to God except by Jesus Christ, and Jesus said that part of that personal relationship you speak of Is If you love me keep my commandments, or why call me Lord Lord and do not the things I say. Scriptures also tell us that Jesus is our intercessor between man and God, He takes our prayers to The Father. why does other people of other religions seem to have their prayers answered then < because God said that He would let it rain(blessings) on the just and unjust. also there is a pure religion that scriptures speak of. I am most certainly that this religion would be ordained By God,

James 1:27

27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

KJV

No my friend, God is about religion, however Through Jesus Christ and Him only can we make it personal!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/01/2011

The Hebrews before the birth of Christ were praying for the savior the Messiah for the most part they wanted an end to Roman control of their land and to be free (would you agree?) . When he came and was becoming known and healing the sick and gaining the following of his chosen apostles fulfilling his destiny to the point of many proclaiming him as King then his presence was becoming a threat to Rome and the Religious leaders . The people wanted Jesus to eliminate the oppressors from the land and set them free -did he - He came for a greater reason which many did not understand . Does God answer prayers of unbelievers -Yes - The story of Daniel is a perfect example ,the king wanted a dream interpreted so Daniel fulfilled the kings desire but in the end Gods point for the was to show the King who was Greater not man but The Holy one God is - David and Goliath - Abraham - people tend to forget that, all people belong to God - and he will use anything or anyone for his ultimate purpose . God does not answer all of my prayers but I still believe he cares for me even unto my death -I believe !

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

I remember at 19 years of age standing outside at my mom's house...I still lived at home...drunk as a skunk asking why doesn't God answer any of my prayers...I didn't think He heard me because He was so busy with everybody else...

I've come now to believe that God hears the prayer of repentance...He sure heard mine...even if it was screaming at Him that He better hurry up...I was fixing to die without Him (I later found out) anyway...I was shown this verse one time and it explained to me why I thought He was not answering any of my prayers...I've come to believe that My God gives me exactly what I need and He makes The Way of Understanding for this brain He created in me...Hahaha....Oh I truly believe He was drawing me to Himself for a very long time...I believe that!!! He has saved me from drowning twice...before I knew Him...He saved me from dying!!!

But this is the verse that clinched it for me...John 9:31...(New King James Version) Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him...Granted now this is the belief-as I understand it and I'm no scholar at all!!! Anyway, this is the belief of a Pharisee that was talking...he didn't believe in healing!!! This is the story of the man born blind...but...I truly look at it that way...I didn't know Jesus either-I was like the Pharisee...until I did know Him...and worship Him and Seek His Will...Now I Am Heard!!!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

I was an unbeliever as far as the bible and Christianity goes but had a relationship with the one true God that included answered prayer for 5 years before becoming a believer. You do not need to believe the bible or Christianity to receive answered prayer from God.

Gary

There is more to this than just being a beilever vs a non-believer. All believers were unbelievers a one time. God's sheep always have the ear of God. God knew them from before the foundation of the world. The goats never have the ear of God. If their prayers are answered they are answered by the god of this world. Jesus never knew them.