Sevenseas

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Here is a good observation from someone that just seems to have some common sense. From another thread:

Being new here myself, maybe this is wrong. But when I saw how new that guy was, right there I considered that a give away he was no prophet. I also don't think a real prophet would say he is. Rather we would say what he was told to say, in as much a way as people might accept it. He would back it up with scripture. If other people then saw his words to be like those of a prophet, then maybe he is one. But to my thinking, to declare one's self as a prophet is almost a guarantee that the person isn't a prophet, and his words are not from God.

Gary:

I am still left with an inconclusive picture of what the true prophet of God is and how to discern correctly if you or someone else have been called to the office. I will continue in prayer and thank you for offering your thoughts once again.

Perhaps a corporate approval of the church you attend would go a long way

The NT does not seem to indicate a lone ranger type prophet as the OT did as there has been a major shift in how the Holy Spirit operates

in people

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Gary,

Although the prophets of old clearly made mistakes, there words were always accuarte 100%. Because they were GOD's words and not the person's. That don't mean a prophet won't make mistakes, But they they will speak what they are told to speak, not what they think, feel or believe. Like Christ a true prophet only speaks what he hears and sees from the father.

Also, remember this, think of david in the bible. David was chosen by GOD at an early age to be king. But david did not actually become king for years and years. My point is simple, just because GOD has chosen someone to be a Prophet, dosen't mean there a Prophet right now.

What is the gift of prophecy? Is not the when someone speaks a prophecy, what are they doing? prophesying! Which all believers can do. That don't mean someone is a prophet. The Holy spirit can use any gift through anyone at any time he chooses. But the Holy spirit will operate or manifest the revelation gifts very consistantly through a prophet. Word of wisdom, word of knowledge, prophecy, discernment of spirits. These are some of the revelation gifts. You'll find as you study the word, that these gifts, and them manifesting is one of the markers of a true prophet. look back at any of the biblical prophets and you can see these gifts. GOD can choose to let these gifts manifest at anytime, through anyone. But a true prophet will have the Holy Spirit manifest these gifts on a very consistant basis. The likes of which can't be faked. Because it's the Holy Spirit manifesting these things. therefore a true prophet will always be in line with GOD's word.

Dueteronomy 18:20-22 NIV

But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death.”

You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?” If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed

A true prophet has to be 100% accuarte, GOD don't change. It will be GOD's words and not his own. Someone can be chosen to be a prophet but not yet ministering as a prophet. Just as David was chosen to be king, but it was many years before he actually become king. i hope this is a little more clear. May GOD bless you

Thanks again for your thought provoking response. I will consider it prayerfully.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

The NT does not seem to indicate a lone ranger type prophet as the OT did as there has been a major shift in how the Holy Spirit operates in people

I would agree with this. The olny specfic NT referance to a prophet that I can think of is of the prophet who had come in after paul had, and without knowing who's girdle it was, picked up a girdle he saw, bound his own hands, and said the owner of the girdle would be bound and taken to rome. Paul had already been told this by Christ himself. GOD used the prophet amongst other believers to confirm what Christ himself had already told someone. Scripture backs up this statement.

Yes, I know about that prophet and that he was called a prophet. I have had exactly the same kind of knowledge operating in my life

where God would show me something with 100% accuracy and what to do and it happened exactly as I was shown. Or, I would

have a warning on something or for someone. I don't mean I was half right or 99% right...the word was 100% right.

I don't believe I am a prophet, I see no reason to believe it and it is probably some good discernment working which comes both

through knowing the true voice of God, through His word first and then walking in the light before Him and through plenty of

hands on experience.

I do not believe I am infallible or that I am special. I know better. My feet are clay and my heart is deceptive and my only

relief is knowing God knows anyway and still loves me.

And I never asked for such a thing and I don't even want it. I have only asked for discernment because of the deception I was in

at one point in my life. I was in that deception because of a close family member who basically sucked me into their hurricane

of craziness because I trusted them. I was very young, but very sincere and I thought it was God. It, was not.

That, is part of the reason I am so concerned for people believing what is not true and thinking it is God.

My delivery is better in person than these typed words and I have actually counselled people, prayed with people, seen them

set free of demonic deception and just generally done my best to serve where I felt the greatest need. Besides that, I have

been very involved with children's ministry, teaching and worship...I have done alot in my time but the only thing that matters

to me is the truth and knowing for sure that what I do, I do for the right reason and in honesty before God.

Yes, I know I am making a fuss about prophecy around this forum because I am very concerned due to the nature of the so called prophecies

I do not believe these so called dire warnings are from God

Let me explain a little clearer about the title of my op and what I stated in the opening post.

God has already warned us all over and over and over ad infinitum in every way a person could sit up and take notice that things are going

from bad to worse.

First, He has warned us in His word...both Testaments...we can read about what happens when people disobey His commandments and laws.

We can read about the disaster that befell His chosen people because they left Him for idols. They were destroyed and taken into

captivity.

Next, we can read about the so called natural disasters...in the Bible...drought, locusts, the Israelites overrun by foreign nations and put into

slavery and their land taken away.

Do you begin to see a familiar theme? God's commandments are mocked, his laws are made to be nothing and wrong is called right. That,

is going to have consequences. Babies are offered to the devil through abortion....blood sacrifice. That, is going to have consequences.

Homosexuals begin to have more rights than heterosexuals and that is going to have consequences. Alot more could be said, but do you see the picture?

Next, the weather. Global warming? Really? Droughts, heat waves, cold snaps, melting icebergs, growing glaciers, too much rain, not enough

rain and hurricane season is around the corner. This year's tornado season was a record breaker and tornadoes are occurring where they

have not been known before...ie Colorado

And I could go on, making none of this up, have not had bad dreams or visions, seen angels or had a visitiation. God has already spoken.

We have not taken Him seriously. And we know what the Bible states about the end of times.

Me, I don't see why we need to be warned when the consequences of sin are already playing out. We have been warned; we cannot say we

did not know.

Therefore, I see no mystery in these things nor reason for prophecy that God Himself is already bringing to pass because His word does not

return to Him void. Has God said do not commit adultery? Has God said do not steal? Has God said do not lie with a man as you would

with a woman? Has God said do not worship anyone or anything but Him? Has God said do not covet? Isn't the New Testament full

of warnings concerning deception and how the devil operates?

So, what is left?

There is something left. There is a true word from God but if you do not know the Bible, you will not hear it. Why would God say or do anything

outside of what He has already told us, done for us and told us to do? If we are not doing those things, and I do not believe many are, then

why does He have to do it all over again? He is not fooling around here. It will happen as He said...deception is the biggest tool of the devil.

So, spare keys...no, I don't want to be one and I don't think we need one. We already have THE KEY...and God does not create confusion and

keep people guessing and wondering.

That kind of silliness starts when people take their eyes OFF God and start running around looking for a word from God when they already have

the word, they just want something easier

Thank you for making that plain and simple , so I could understand. I completely agree with what you spoken, expect that I think that GOD does and will show his children what he's about to do. either as a personal warning or as a general warning. other than that I agree with you. Very well written. Thanks again for making that so simple and plain that someone like me could understand.

May the Father and Yahshua bless and keep you

Thank you for making that plain and simple , so I could understand. I completely agree with what you spoken, expect that I think that GOD does and will show his children what he's about to do. either as a personal warning or as a general warning. other than that I agree with you. Very well written. Thanks again for making that so simple and plain that someone like me could understand.

Well, the Bible is there for all to read and I believe it is complete as to what is going to happen and is happening but I

certainly do not believe it is the end

And yes I believe God can and does give specific direction, but there are too many self made prophets proclaiming absolutely

lunatic things....you can read them on the web...prophecies saying that there will be a huge spiritual awakening, Christians

are going to take over, Obama is God's man (I believe he is a nothing of the sort), and all sorts of revelations about angels

and the spiritual dimension that are, IMO, straight out of hell

There are thousands and thousands of people believing in these things and they are not godly.

Well, the Bible is there for all to read and I believe it is complete as to what is going to happen and is happening but I

certainly do not believe it is the end

And yes I believe God can and does give specific direction, but there are too many self made prophets proclaiming absolutely

lunatic things....you can read them on the web...prophecies saying that there will be a huge spiritual awakening, Christians

are going to take over, Obama is God's man (I believe he is a nothing of the sort), and all sorts of revelations about angels

and the spiritual dimension that are, IMO, straight out of hell

There are thousands and thousands of people believing in these things and they are not godly.

I agree that there are a lot of people believing things that are just not true. That don't line up with the bible. But sometimes the info is correct the person just understands it wrong. Take for instance my old thread BE WARNED. I believe it was you that tried to tell me that maybe it was personal, or about me and my friend and family and not the world. But I wouldn't listen. I have come to see that there is a good chance you were right. I was taught a humbling lesson from all that, which was he shows us bits and pieces. Nobody sees the whole picture but GOD. But as we true believers come together as one body in untiy and love, and his truth, the picture becomes much more clear. The bible teaches we are to submit ourselves one to another. Anything we recieve of GOD, or think we do, then as we share it with other believers, the Spirit of GOD should bare witnesses of him and his truth. If correction is needed then we should submit ourselves and recieve it for our own good. Nobody is right all the time except GOD. I learned a couple hard lessons from that thread but important ones. Thanks for the talk. I have really enjoyed it.

May the most high Father and Yahshua bless you

It is important to weigh words carefully and examine all. If something sounds bizarre and out of place, it probably is.

Thanks!

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

Not seeing things clearly and trying to understand what God is trying to say is the very excuse men like Kim Clement use when they are wrong and they are most always wrong.

"I have know doubt that God is "showing" me these things, "understanding" them is what's difficult, but we are in the early stages of God "restoring" the office of prophet and mistakes will be made in the "interpretation" of it".

Absolute rubbish.

He prophecied from mount Carmel saying God is very soon going to use the Jews and the blessings of a fruitful nation to prove He is God and draw people to Him and make the world fruitful and usher in peace. Not exactly those words but the mans prophecy and doctrine are all messed up. He's traveling the world on ignorant believers money. Discipleship is what's hurting the church. People just don't know the fundamentals so we can discern, and people like Kim would never get off the ground in a rip off ministry.