IGNORED

Does God will to heal ALL who come to Him for healing?

carlos123

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  4

A week or so ago I stared another similar thread about how I could trust God to heal both myself and others. As I discussed that with others on that thread it began to dawn on me that the biggest single stumbling block to my own faith with respect to believing God for healing (both for myself and others) is the belief that it may not be His will to heal ALL who come to Him for healing today.

Rather than discussing this particular aspect of the whole healing issue on that thread it seemed good to me, among other reasons, to start a new thread on this one issue alone as there is probably quite a bit to discuss on it by itself.

A few nights ago I had a tooth ache. So I came before the Lord and tried to get healing from him for it. But in one of those instances where it was like the Lord was having a conversation with me (let's not go into what that is or whether it's real or what have you on this thread)...He asked me whether I believed that He would heal me.

Well...I had to confess that no...I wasn't sure that He would. And that is as far as my attempt to get healing from Him went. As far as my toothache it went nowhere.

But I was also left realizing that this is one very specific reason why I do not see more healings occur. Because I have no faith for such healing.

Faith as in being certain of what I do not see (my healing or that of others).

Without faith it is impossible to please God or to expect anything from Him at all.

Faith exercised is hope realized (wow...that just came to me! Way cool!).

I can hope that my aches and pains will be healed all day long and pray up multiple prayers of hope that God will heal me but until and if I latch on to God through a promise with faith for a healing...IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!

The fault does not lie with my not having faith. The fault lies in a faulty concept of what God's will is respecting healing. As to whether He wills to heal me in particular or not.

Assuming of course that my belief that He does not will to heal all is faulty.

Imagine if you will an unbeliever coming to God through Jesus Christ for salvation. How can they be certain that God will save them in particular through the Gospel? Because God wills that ALL be saved!

Now image a Christian coming to God for healing as I did. If I do not believe that He will heal ALL how in the world can I in particular have any confidence of receiving a healing?

Therein lies the problem.

F.F. Botsworth who wrote Christ the Healer said this...(on page 48 of his book)...

The greatest barrier to the faith of many seeking bodily healing in our day is the uncertainty in their minds as to it being the will of God to heal all. Nearly every one knows that God does heal some, but there is much in modern theology that keeps people from knowing what the Bible clearly teaches—that healing is provided for all. It is impossible to boldly claim, by faith, a blessing that we are not sure God offers. The power of God can be claimed only where the will of God is known.

I will be seeking the Lord on this in the next little while and wanted to open it up for discussion if anyone is interested in talking about this.

Carlos

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Hi Carlos Wonderful Post ! I have one thing I would like to bring up from your post and that is this...

that it may not be His will to heal ALL who come to Him for healing today.

John 14:12-14 12"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 "And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son." 14 "If you ask anything in My name, I will do it,"

---- Christ tells us In John, that ANYTHING, ANYTHING you ask in His name will be done as long as you believe. God knows all and sees all, so it is already apart of his plan... There are no what if's....ask and it will be done !

John 15:7 “If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it shall be done for you.

-----This same exact thing Jesus says again.

Faith ! :)

Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."

You only need the faith as a mustard seed!

Luke 17:6 "So the Lord said, "If you have the faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea,' and it would obey you."

So what I am saying is that as long as you believe and have faith, ask that it be done in Jesus name and it will be done ! Have Faith !

Hey Jacob!

Thanks for joining the discussion bro.

While you may have faith based on the verses you shared the problem, for me at least, is that I don't.

The other problem of course is that if you have faith in those promises to ask for anything such that you believe that it WILL happen...are you seeing people healed right and left all over the place as one might think would be the case?

You see I don't believe that we Christians will see healings of the kind that we see in the New Testament unless we believe that He wills to specifically heal all (not just to do anything by faith).

I will share more as the Lord gives me more but for now...I just had enough to start the thread more with a question than with any kind of answer.

If you get any further thoughts or insight on this Jacob please do share as you might receive something from God that I could learn from.

Carlos

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

Hey Jacob!

Thanks for joining the discussion bro.

While you may have faith based on the verses you shared the problem, for me at least, is that I don't.

The other problem of course is that if you have faith in those promises to ask for anything such that you believe that it WILL happen...are you seeing people healed right and left all over the place as one might think would be the case?

You see I don't believe that we Christians will see healings of the kind that we see in the New Testament unless we believe that He wills to specifically heal all (not just to do anything by faith).

I will share more as the Lord gives me more but for now...I just had enough to start the thread more with a question than with any kind of answer.

If you get any further thoughts or insight on this Jacob please do share as you might receive something from God that I could learn from.

Carlos

\

One thing in particular I must point out is what about the 700 club ? Do you ever/ have you ever watched that ? God has blessed them and many have found healing..... How can you explain that, other than saying that through prayer God grants us miracles.....

For instance (this is a personal experience, if you dont want to believe me that is okay) God told my dad that I was to die because of my asthma, I was not to see even 2 months of life (this is Gods plan, that I was to die) But my dad prayed and prayed....wept and prayed that God would spare me, that I would grow up in his grace, power, and love, be a testament to God and guess what I'm sitting here today talking to you am I not ? God is the Alpha and the Omega, he can tell us the beginning from the end. Although we think we are living in "real-time," to God this has already come to pass. So the miracles we ask, technically speaking are already apart of his plan. Christ tells us if we ask anything in his name it will be granted, He said it I believe.

Furthermore, you dont see Gods "imprint" wherever you look? Medical science, people being brought back to life are not because of man, if God wished that person dead they would not be here today. I guarantee that every person, believer or non-believer, can describe at least one incident that occurred in their lifetime that they cannot explain. God leaves an imprint in places that we may not look, look around and you may be surprised !

Fair enough, and I pray that you receive the wisdom you seek and come to understand that no matter the circumstance God will deliver us/you from our times of trouble ! Just because you ask for it on that day does not mean it will not be given ! Many things are a test of faith, hold out strong and assuredly it will be done.

God bless you Carlos !

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/21/1970

Carlos, I am new here and in my walk so I don't know if this is helpful to you but as I was just doing my Bible study and listening to a passage in Matthew 9, and when I heard it I immediately thought of you and this thread and felt I should post what I heard. The portion is the two blind men that call after Jesus and go into the house where he is and they ask him to have mercy on them. And Jesus asks them "Believe ye that I am able to do this?" And they replied yea Lord. "Then touched he their eyes saying according to your faith be it unto you. And their eyes were opened... Matthew 9: 27-30 I don't know if this helps at all but you came to mind so I'm posting it.

One thing in particular I must point out is what about the 700 club ? Do you ever/ have you ever watched that ? God has blessed them and many have found healing..... How can you explain that, other than saying that through prayer God grants us miracles.....

Absolutely Jacob. I do hope I have not left you with the impression that I don't think God CAN heal people. He most certainly can and does at times heal people. For sure.

My stumbling block, if you will, is not whether or not He CAN heal but rather whether or not He WILL heal. Me and anyone I pray for.

If I can bring myself to believe that He WILL heal I can then reach out by faith to bring into existence the healing that I seek.

But I have to be able to believe that He WILL heal based on something other than that He CAN heal.

That He CAN heal is not enough of a basis for me to believe that He WILL heal.

I hope that makes sense.

Carlos

Carlos, I am new here and in my walk so I don't know if this is helpful to you but as I was just doing my Bible study and listening to a passage in Matthew 9, and when I heard it I immediately thought of you and this thread and felt I should post what I heard.

By all means Jeannie. I am so glad you shared what you did!

The portion is the two blind men that call after Jesus and go into the house where he is and they ask him to have mercy on them. And Jesus asks them "Believe ye that I am able to do this?" And they replied yea Lord. "Then touched he their eyes saying according to your faith be it unto you. And their eyes were opened... Matthew 9: 27-30 I don't know if this helps at all but you came to mind so I'm posting it.

Interesting passage.

Here it is in full...

Matthew 9:27 (AKJV)

And when Jesus departed there, two blind men followed him, crying, and saying, You son of David, have mercy on us. And when he was come into the house, the blind men came to him: and Jesus said to them, Believe you that I am able to do this? They said to him, Yes, Lord. Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it to you. And their eyes were opened;

Interesting.

It certainly does sound, at least from this one verse, like all one has to do is believe that the Lord CAN heal and not also that He WILL heal.

I'll have to ponder that some.

I mean one problem I have with that is why more people don't get healed then since we all presumably believe that He CAN heal?

Perhaps there is more to this verse and what was said than meets the eye so to speak. Don't know.

Carlos

Hmm...I just thought of something Jeannie.

Notice that Jesus said that it will be done for them according to their faith.

I think that is significant.

While they did state that they believed that Jesus COULD heal them (as in being ABLE to heal them)...just that alone was not enough I don't think. The demons believe Jesus CAN do lots of things but that does not equal having faith in Jesus Christ for anything.

But a belief that He CAN heal is most definitely a starting point for faith that He WILL.

I think in the case of these two blind men that they not only believed that He COULD heal but that He would heal them or they would not have come to Him as they did. Notice that they were blind and that they kept after Jesus crying out "Have mercy on us!" which implies more than a belief that Jesus simply COULD heal them.

They really believed that He WOULD heal them and it was done to them according to their faith that Jesus WOULD heal.

At least that is how I read that passage.

Carlos

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I understand it to mean that we not only must believe he can but that he will. Even in the passage quoted above about the two blind men. They cried out for mercy. Why does one cry out for mercy if they don't believe the one who they believe can give it will?

Does God will to heal ALL who come to Him for healing? Great question. One I believe can be answered No. God resists the proud but gives grace unto the humble. One who comes in the wrong spirit will be denied just as quickly as John the Baptists refused to baptize the pharisees without works meet for repentance.

Gary

I understand it to mean that we not only must believe he can but that he will. Even in the passage quoted above about the two blind men. They cried out for mercy. Why does one cry out for mercy if they don't believe the one who they believe can give it will?

Exactly.

Does God will to heal ALL who come to Him for healing? Great question. One I believe can be answered No. God resists the proud but gives grace unto the humble. One who comes in the wrong spirit will be denied just as quickly as John the Baptists refused to baptize the pharisees without works meet for repentance.

I do believe it is true that one who comes to Jesus in the wrong spirit will be denied...but how does that translate into a definitive No answer to the question posed?

Are you saying Gary that to come to God in faith that He WILL heal them based on the belief that He WILLS to heal ALL is to come to Him in the wrong spirit?

Aside from that, if indeed that is what you are saying, are there any verses that support the idea that God does not WILL to heal ALL?

I mean in view of the fact that Jesus DID in fact heal ALL who came to Him while He was on this earth?

I am not saying that such automatically means that He wills to heal ALL today but it is significant I think as something to consider in trying to find an answer to the question I posed.

Carlos