• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/13/1949

AMEN! :emot-hug:

Have you ever noticed in the Gospel of John how Jesus repeated the word verily (truly)?

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

I read somewhere once that this was a method in which a speaker would emphasize his point to be made. So when Jesus used it, HE wanted us to pay particular attention to what was being said and to emphasize the TRUTH of it.

So a discourse begins with an emphasis on "truly" and ends with a confirmation of "truly". Neat! :emot-hug:

Be Blessed,

Wayne

When Jesus said, Verily verily, He is saying, "I am tell you the absolute truth"

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/13/1949

I apologize if this is in the wrong category, but it was a short and "sweet" study for me this morning. It blessed my soul, and I wanted to share it.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Amen!

Firm

at the beginning of a discourse - surely, truly, of a truth

at the end - so it is, so be it, may it be fulfilled.

The word "amen" is a most remarkable word. It was transliterated directly from the Hebrew into the Greek of the New Testament, then into Latin and into English and many other languages, so that it is practically a universal word. It has been called the best known word in human speech. The word is directly related -- in fact, almost identical -- to the Hebrew word for "believe" (amam), or faithful. Thus, it came to mean "sure" or "truly", an expression of absolute trust and confidence.</span>

In His Love,

Suzanne

"Amen" means, [it is so in the spirit rhelm and shall be manifested in the physical rhelm]

What it means is, when you says "Amen", you are saying, "I believe it is done, and I shall see the manifestation of it".

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Amen!

Thank you so much! this is very interesting! i've always wondered what this word means since we say it so much! :thumbsup: