• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

SS, I read about half of what you wrote. I won't be responding to it as I took time to respond to you and you simply dismissed what I wrote as wrong and in error. I agree to disagree with your perception of truth and am not responding because I don't believe you can receive it. You may respond if you wish but I cannot receive as truth what you have to offer.

In Christ,

Gary

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I cannot receive as truth what you have to offer.

I finally understand. I really do.

I do not have my own perception of truth but I do agree with the majority of Christians posting here that

actually do have a correct understanding of scripture.

There is only one truth....not many interpretations or perceptions and a person must realize that before they can tell everyone else they are wrong.

I really had no idea you would respond like you have but it is not the first time you answer in a way that is like a slap in the face. I will take it

that way.

God bless

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Gary the whole of 1Pet 1 is the wisdom SS is speaking... The Revelation takes us all the way through to the eternal

state with God's Great Seal upon His Word -> No ADD- No TAKE AWAY... complete in these last days according to

His Word!

We now are to take the prophecy written in His Word and apply it to Living Oracles of the present day 'saying Christ

is going to return and call us to meet Him in the air'

1 Th 4:15-5:6

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the

Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with

a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord

in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

The Day of the Lord

5 But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 2 For you

yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, "Peace

and safety!" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall

not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. 5 You are

all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. 6 Therefore let us not sleep, as

others do, but let us watch and be sober

NKJV

This is prophetical as it has not happened and yet will happen! As I speak it from God's Word have I not prophesied?

I am also assured it will be-> for it is God's Word which has promised this to be! Thus the gift of Prophecy is to

proclaim what God has said in His sealed canon of Scripture and await its fulfillment as God is not a liar and I am

sure of its reality as being so... Remember all the NT letters were not sealed until 90 AD when John was given all

the information of the eternity in 'The Revelation of Jesus Christ'...

I think you need to ask yourself this question If this is true->

Mt 13:35

35 that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying:

"I will open My mouth in parables;

I will utter things kept secret from the foundation of the world."

NKJV

Did Jesus through His Revelation leave anything out or did He fulfill thus to His freinds

Jn 15:15

15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing;

but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.

NKJV

This is conclusive in God's Word and all things are known and that left to be fulfilled is calling the church to Himself in the air,

the great tribulation, the millennial kingdom, the Great White Throne, The Eternal state...

Love, Steven

Steven, you lost me. But you usually do.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

What do you not understand? Do you believe in a closed canon of Scripture? Love, Steven

What is the gift of prophecy and how would one know if they have it?

i have the gift of prophesy. God has told me what is to come, He has revealed to me the Mysteries of the Bible, opened up my understanding of them. One will know they have the gift of prophesy when God reveals to them what is to come.

Me

And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: Genesis 3:14

Too

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. Genesis 3:15

See

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. Revelation 20:7-9

Thank You Jesus

~

I'm Surprised It's Not In Today's Headlines~!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

As I sit here reading all of this, I can't help but think about discernment....prophecy....discernment....prophecy.....

1. I regularly feel checked in my spirit to write what I actually think regarding this type of thing

and

2. People seem to want to be prophets....people write that they are prophets and that they have the gift of prophecy

and

3. A prophet would really need to have discernment.....yes? no?

Where is it then?

with love in Christ and feeling just a bit sad about it all

It is not the gift of prophecy that people really want, it's recognition. Ask any actor or musician or writer.

It is not God's will that people really want, it's the desire to have an advantage.

It is not discernment that people really want, it's an experience that doesn't come back to bite them - it's spiritual irresponsibility without consequences.

In short, it's fantasy and sinful willfulness - for none of what I mentioned above is real, is true, or of God.

The true gift of prophecy is NOT something you acquire or get on your own (like a college diploma). You cannot arise one morning and say, "today I will be a prophet."

It's something that is given from heaven for a purpose. It's purpose is to edify the church and to vindicate Jesus Christ.

It is never ever about the prophet.

Despite this being clearly taught in the Bible - people don't GET IT. Why? Because of the selfish desire to have something God has not given to them.

The life of a true prophet is hard - starting with the lack of acceptance of common sense messages and ending with warnings from God of judgment upon those who continue in selfish empty spirituality that benefits none but themselves.

Does the reader want to be a prophet? Why? Are you nuts?

It is better to be satisfied with the peaceful gifts and humble mission that God has assigned to you. It's fruit is to bless Him for His mercy upon you for sparing you an otherwise unhappy life.

No prophet of God ever had a happy life.

Read the Bible and study what happened to them. Some were beaten and others were killed. Is that what you really want?

Or do you really want to be a TV evangelist with the acclaims of man (and lots of $$$) heaped upon you instead of the praises of God for a humble job well and faithfully done.

I prefer the latter, thank you very much. (and I don't need to nag anyone for donations to do that either)

but that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by rjp34652

It is better to be satisfied with the peaceful gifts and humble mission that God has assigned to you. It's fruit is to bless Him for His mercy upon you for sparing you an otherwise unhappy life.

Read the Bible and study what happened to them. Some were beaten and others were killed. Is that what you really want?

:thumbsup:

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 2 Timothy 3:12

What do you not understand? Do you believe in a closed canon of Scripture? Love, Steven

Yes, I believe in a closed cannon of scripture. I also believe that only those whom God allows can see and understand all that is presented in it, especially that which is prophetic in nature. Not everything is given unto all. God resists the proud but gives grace unto the humble. Those who walk in darkness, though they have a bible by their side, will never see the day coming but it shall overtake them as a thief. The truth I speak can be easily seen in the variety of misunderstandings concerning the rapture of the church, which is a prophetic doctrine. Some see pre, post, mid, prewrath, while others see no rapture at all. We must understand the truth behind spiritual blindness and the simple cure for such that lies in obedience to the light which has been given but if ones light is darkness then how great that darkness. If a man believe the bible teaches that he cannot be like Jesus, he never will be. If he believe that he cannot stop sinning, he never will. The same man will go about his life thinking that he truly understands the mysteries of the bible and prophecy until the day come upon him like a thief and destroy him though he believed.

Luk 8:18 Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have.

The scripture cannot be broken. There are those who have some. There are those who are given more. There are those who have had that which the seem to have taken from them. But all think they are right and push off their theology upon another anyway, some by force.

Hbr 10:31 [it is] a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

An obedient reader of the New Testament is told to desire the gift of prophecy, that they might edify the church.

1Cr 12:31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

It should be noted that Paul exalts love/charity above all gifts and calls it a better way. You are correct that anyone who desires to be a prophet of God and receive the torment and torture handed out by those who set themselves in opposition dish out to such a one is missing a few screws but it is something that is said that the Christian should do. Desiring obedience to God above all, I have asked for the gifts. My only hope in this thread is to understand how one knows when they have received it. Nobody has given anything I can actually sink my teeth into though. Only more opposition which is most common, especially within the church body.

I am still at a loss for what it is and how it works. I am not convinced that I have such a gift but the bible has began to speak openly to me in a prophetic manner, be it by God or some angel of light I know not how to tell which. What I do know is that sharing these things with others has caused most everyone to turn their back on me and cast me out of their presence. I have very few that stand by me and believe what I say to be possible. I absolutely hate it. I abhor my life and this evil world. But I must walk in that which I believe to be true and trust in the one who said it would be this way. Only time will tell as what I have been shown is time sensitive. I pray that I am wrong and can simply begin to ignore whatever is telling me this stuff and simply seek to follow the works of Jesus in my life without the nagging belief that the world around me is about to disintegrate and only those who are walking in Christ will survive.

May God have mercy upon all,

Gary

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

As I sit here reading all of this, I can't help but think about discernment....prophecy....discernment....prophecy.....

1. I regularly feel checked in my spirit to write what I actually think regarding this type of thing

and

2. People seem to want to be prophets....people write that they are prophets and that they have the gift of prophecy

and

3. A prophet would really need to have discernment.....yes? no?

Where is it then?

with love in Christ and feeling just a bit sad about it all

rjp34652:

It is not the gift of prophecy that people really want, it's recognition. Ask any actor or musician or writer.

It is not God's will that people really want, it's the desire to have an advantage.

It is not discernment that people really want, it's an experience that doesn't come back to bite them - it's spiritual irresponsibility without consequences.

In short, it's fantasy and sinful willfulness - for none of what I mentioned above is real, is true, or of God.

Might I add there is also deception plugged into the above equation which of course you would need discernment to acknowledge.

I have also noticed a rather hefty arrogance associated with some who claim to be prophets in that they are absolutely dictatorial

about their claims and will not suffer any criticism unless one agrees with their conclusions. (which flies in the face of the NT

instruction regarding prophets which I am sure you know)

See, that immediately tells me that there is a problem, apart from the obvious prickly pear personality disorder. That problem, is

this:

The gifts are FOR THE BODY. They are not for the individual and will not and do not function in any one person in the sense

of an OT prophet. There is a distinction between old and new testament prophets. I do believe one can have a prophetic word

regarding the future...which may overlap with a word of knowledge in some cases...but the majority would be forthtelling and in

agreement with that which we already have. I have no problem with that.

It is the lone rangers that go around shooting anyone that disagrees with their prophecies. The flip side of that one, are the

heretical prophets that seem to have sprung up all over the place who have followings of itchy eared people by the thousands

hanging on every word even though the prophecies do not align with the Word and basically put believers in the place of

the Holy Spirit. TV sets are full of this kind as is the internet.

So, obviously my questioning thoughts are rhetorical and I was just being polite. However, I really do have a sadness about it

all ... some days more than others...

The true gift of prophecy is NOT something you acquire or get on your own (like a college diploma). You cannot arise one morning and say, "today I will be a prophet."

It's something that is given from heaven for a purpose. It's purpose is to edify the church and to vindicate Jesus Christ.

It is never ever about the prophet.

I agree...so why do people who imagine themself to be so set apart become so paranoid and upset if you disagree with them? I'm

just talking to you here rjp34652....this is not the only forum and this "I'm a prophet....better listen to me..." is very widespread.

However, if the shoe fits.........

Despite this being clearly taught in the Bible - people don't GET IT. Why? Because of the selfish desire to have something God has not given to them.

The life of a true prophet is hard - starting with the lack of acceptance of common sense messages and ending with warnings from God of judgment upon those who continue in selfish empty spirituality that benefits none but themselves.

Well, how are we describing a prophet now? OT? NT combo? See, I would be interested in having a discussion...not my thread here but still a public

forum....on the differences and how they are different and why .....again, pls keep in mind I do believe foretelling can still occur and there are NT

references to that wherein the person foretelling is actually called a prophet so we have to believe what we read.

Or you can just deliver the message and step back. I don't know about you, but I can't change anyone! LOL! Yeah, trouble

does seem to follow. Well, a prophet still has their own personality and I guess some take it one way and others take it another.

I guess God knows who is who and whom He can trust. Sure is alot of competition to get that word out these days tho!

Or do you really want to be a TV evangelist with the acclaims of man (and lots of $$$) heaped upon you instead of the praises of God for a humble job well and faithfully done.

Don't get me started on this one. They have their reward. A fool and their money are soon parted........

I do not see God as the angry God who just cannot wait to punish and judge. He has more than sufficiently demonstrated His holy capacity

for that already...the OT is not a children's story.....and to the best of my knowledge, the time we are living in is still whosoever will may come.

I do not see a prophetic word of 'time's up and too bad' For me, read the Bible...it's all there...it's always CHOOSE and will be until it is too late to

do so.

I don't quite agree with the awful life of the prophet ... I think there is a rest in God and a reliance upon Him that supersedes our human

expectations...actually and come to think of it, each and every Christian should be walking in the spirit anyway. Harumph.

Paul did state Pursue love, yet desire earnestly spiritual gifts,but especially that you may prophesy. I Cor 14:1

No matter who has whatever gift, it should be practiced in love and for the right reasons and with a heart that does not want acclaim for itself.

I think some people misinterpret their own misadventures and sins as somehow being the result of supposedly being called to be a prophet

I know from personal experience that an individual who thinks God is speaking through them can make everyone elses life so miserable

that they do not want to be around the so called gifted person. That, IMO, is not gift. It is not from God. God is love and love is

before all things...I have seen people stand up in church and deliver something so stinging and hateful that it crushes. That is not God.

God always gives hope and desires restoration.

Well that's probably enough

Does anyone suppose God now hates His creation and cannot wait to punish it? No more so than at any other time.

Drop the anger and get a hold of God's love and understand that God is not the angry one...if He is angry now, He was angry before.

I think some people have a tendency to display certain attributes they believe are a result of God's dealing with them when it is nothing

more than sin

DISCLAIMER: just replying to rjp