• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/12/1966

I have not been to church in in eight years.

It seems to me that there are two types of churches and two types of Christians these days.

Type-A is the casual, progessives,...the post modern, post evangelicals who see Christ and his life as an archetype of social justice and equality and

thus avoid or even deny his attoning work on the cross.

Type-B is the scripture based fundamentalists who see Christ as the son of God who died for mens sins. But they seem more distracted with trying to

make political converts instead of making disciples.

For the first time in years(two weeks ago) I attended a Bible Study with some friends. The study was fine, but immediately after, an impassioned discussion

broke out about Obama and democrates and all the evil that is going to follow in the next four years. It seems like just yesterday when Bill Clinton was the

anti-Christ.

I think that if I were going to stop a group of people from spreading a message (ie..., the Gospel) I would take a passive aggresive approach where as, I would

get them distracted with something else. Get them worried and riled about this other stuff so that their passion, wisdom and voices are poured into these things.

Keep them talking about their world views or politics or anything as long as they are NOT spreading the good news of Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

What would happen if Christians actually got passionate over the gospel?

Things might actually change. A lamp might actually be placed on a stand and light would actually pierce the darkness.

Sounds good,...but who wants that?

So,...Cry Havoc! And let slip,..the dogs of politics....

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

Hello Moseby,

fully agreeing.

I also find this waving of hands in the air by GOP-passionates a bit nerve-racking. It's sometimes hard to read.

Have a good day

Thomas

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

It seems to me that there are two types of churches and two types of Christians these days.

Type-A is the casual, progessives,...the post modern, post evangelicals who see Christ and his life as an archetype of social justice and equality and thus avoid or even deny his attoning work on the cross.

Type-B is the scripture based fundamentalists who see Christ as the son of God who died for mens sins. But they seem more distracted with trying to make political converts instead of making disciples.

Things might actually change. A lamp might actually be placed on a stand and light would actually pierce the darkness.

It is a pity you feel the way you do, and we are all in different places in our walk.

There are far more "types" than you are seeing from your perspective.

I attend a church that is passionate about the gospel, and does something about it.

I see you have not attended a church lately, and have had one bad experience at a home group.

Tell me, what do you see yourself doing about it? How are you going to approach the problem?

For example. I was concerned that our home group was too "comfortable", and so called a meeting and asked people for their input as to a new direction. After prayer and a lot of discussion we are full of fire. Everyone feels part of the process. There is no one who is standing on the outskirts being critical with out off offering a solution to a problem they may see, and truth and freedom exist among our small body of believers.

It can be done, it takes prayer and dedication.

Blessings

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Type-A is the casual, progessives,...the post modern, post evangelicals who see Christ and his life as an archetype of social justice and equality and

thus avoid or even deny his attoning work on the cross.

Type-B is the scripture based fundamentalists who see Christ as the son of God who died for mens sins. But they seem more distracted with trying to

make political converts instead of making disciples.

For the first time in years(two weeks ago) I attended a Bible Study with some friends. The study was fine, but immediately after, an impassioned discussion

broke out about Obama and democrates and all the evil that is going to follow in the next four years. It seems like just yesterday when Bill Clinton was the

anti-Christ.

I think that if I were going to stop a group of people from spreading a message (ie..., the Gospel) I would take a passive aggresive approach where as, I would

get them distracted with something else. Get them worried and riled about this other stuff so that their passion, wisdom and voices are poured into these things.

Keep them talking about their world views or politics or anything as long as they are NOT spreading the good news of Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

Sounds good,...but who wants that?

So,...Cry Havoc! And let slip,..the dogs of politics....

I know exactly what you are talking about. I think a lot of it comes down to the Church you attend. One of the things I love about my Church is the senior pastor NEVER politicizes sermons outside of the occasional vague mention of the steady removal of God from America or some such. He did preach awhile back on the importance of voting and the involvement of Christians in the electoral process, but again there was no mention of any particular party or candidate.

Don't get me wrong, people at my church love to talk politics, but these discussions are kept far away from the Sunday sermon which to me is how it should be.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

and let slip the dogs of war. Just finishing your title for you. I seen you did finish it kind of...but...

Meaning

15]The military order Havoc! was a signal given to the English military forces in the Middle Ages to direct the soldiery (in Shakespeare's parlance 'the dogs of war') to pillage and chaos.

Origin

15]
The Black Book of the Admiralty,
1385 is a collection of laws in French and Latin that relate to the organisation of the English Navy. In the '
Ordinances of War of Richard II
' in that book we find:

075]"Item, qe nul soit si hardy de crier havok sur peine davoir la test coupe."

What were your thoughts in choosing that as the title of your op? The mind works in mysterious ways......

Oh I don't know....maybe they would stop complaining about other Christians?