IGNORED

Church and State

Guest glorytothelord

Guest glorytothelord

Az, your post has the best answer to my thread. How many of the different religions accept what the others are doing at any one time ?

Surely it is best for the government to remain uninvolved. Another point which has been made very clear since the elections in Australia is the change in attitude by a Christian party, since some of them came into office - not impressive.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

I think one thing that is being forgotten here is that America was founded on God and His Word. That's why I was so upset when they made Judge Roy Moore take down the Ten Commandments. This may be off topic, but I am so over people wanting to and succeeding in taking God out of everything- public schools, courtrooms, etc.

Exodus 18

21 But select capable men from all the people-men who fear God, trustworthy men who hate dishonest gain-and appoint them as officials over thousands, hundreds, fifties and tens. 22 Have them serve as judges for the people at all times, but have them bring every difficult case to you; the simple cases they can decide themselves. That will make your load lighter, because they will share it with you. 23 If you do this and God so commands, you will be able to stand the strain, and all these people will go home satisfied.

As long as there are Christian voters making Spirit led decisions, there will never be a separation of Church and State.

"Separation of church and state" Isn't even possible. It is a deceptive concept that can't be done. You can't take the SPIRIT of GOD out of his people and you can't take HIS people out of HIS kingdom. Which will anialate all other nations and kingdoms at the comming of CHRIST.

Isaiah 34:

1 Come near, you nations, to hear; And heed, you people! Let the earth hear, and all that is in it, The world and all things that come forth from it.

2 For the indignation of the Lord is against all nations, And His fury against all their armies; He has utterly destroyed them, He has given them over to the slaughter.

3 Also their slain shall be thrown out; Their stench shall rise from their corpses, And the mountains shall be melted with their blood.

Isa 9:6

For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace

Isa 2:3

Many people shall come and say, "Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, To the house of the God of Jacob; He will teach us His ways, And we shall walk in His paths." For out of Zion shall go forth the law, And the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

Mt 11:12

And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.

In CHRIST JESUS :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Hi, Just my opinion on this, When it comes to RELIGION the GOVERNMENT should Butt out, As long as there is no endangerment to the public. Secondly I feel the REAL REASON for the" SERPERATION of CHURCH and STATE" is MAINLY because of the SECULAR HUMANIST, and the A.C.L.U. etc. They are targeting CHRISTIANITY "ESPECIALLY," And "NOT" BECAUSE THEY CANNOT ACCOMMODATE ALL RELIGIONS IN GOV. PLACES, And even so, "SO BE IT" IF THEY MUST ACCOMMODATE, As long as the "GOVERNMENT BUTTS OUT", And I firmly believe SEPERATION of CHURCH and STATE is nothing but SMOKE,And a cover up.........TAKO

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Jesus Christ Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

The only governmental form which can have the believers' full attendance and lay full claim on his patriotism is a Theocracy. WHO CARES how many other religions want use of public properties? If it is quite convenient, let them use it, if not, in a truly Christian nation, then the simple answer would be 'sorry, it's not convenient at this time.'

ONLY JESUS DESERVES DISCIPLES.

With a blessing,

Leonard, a sinner

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  117

"Separation of church and state" Isn't even possible. It is a deceptive concept that can't be done. You can't take the SPIRIT of GOD out of his people and you can't take HIS people out of HIS kingdom. Which will anialate all other nations and kingdoms at the comming of CHRIST.

There is a difference between making law based on your beliefs and legislating your beliefs. It is not expected that a person lay down their beliefs when they are elected. Their beliefs are part of who they are and exactly who was elected. To expect a believer to stop believing just because they are in office is ridiculous.

That is not the issue at hand though. While an elected official can pull their inspiration and ideas from whatever beliefs they happen to have, they cannot legislate that others share that belief. They cannot impose aspects of that faith on others.

Consider the 10 commandments. While you will have to struggle to find someone that does not agree with some of the commandments you will be imposing your belief on others in trying to press the first 4 commandments (depending of course on which 10 commandments you use). An elected official can draw their inspiration from any source they deam appropriate. But when they legislate it has to be secular. In this way they can keep their faith and yet not violate their duty to office.

OK but everything that you said is in compromise against the word of GOD.

for instance.

2Co 6:14

Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

Because what I said in my first post here is true. The reason that the actuall physical kingdom don't start until they are destroyed. Also when the last one is brought into salvation.

In CHRIST JESUS :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

2Co 6:14

Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

Then I put to you what are you doing in a free nation that has as its first ammendment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

I would highly recommend you find a nation that doesn't have such permissive laws that give free reign to people to believe what they may. If you call yourself an American you have yoked yourself to other Americans. And Americans are Christians, Catholics, Jews, Muslems, Hindus, Buddhists, Taoists, Atheists, Humanists, Unitarian Universalists, Wiccans, Pagans, Shintoists, Scientologists, Transendentalists, and even Satanists. Its up to you what nation you align yourself with. I will put my life on the line to defend everyone's right to believe what they believe to be true. I don't have to agree with them. I just have to live with them.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

I think one thing that is being forgotten here is that America was founded on God and His Word.

I normally don't quote my own post, but this is important :blink:

I think one thing that is being forgotten here is that America was founded on God and His Word.

Just out of curiousity could you point out which of the founding documents clearly spells this out. I have read through the Constitution, The Declaration, and the Bill of Rights and I don't recall reading this. I acknowledge that most of the founding fathers were Christian. But they seem to me to have seen the folly of mixing religion and politics. So while they may believe that freedom represents the highest ideal of God's intentions they recognise that only by allowing others to follow their beliefs as they see fit can this ideal be realised.

There is a key difference between leading with your beliefs and placing your beliefs on others. The founding fathers got this. Thus they could be strong in their faith while leading with a secular hand.

The idea behind freedom of thought and religion is that you as a citizen can be just as joyous and proud in your beliefs as I am in mine. If I am not free in my thoughts then neither are you. You just happen to benefit from being part of the majority.