• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

(quote) from the article

I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize life is that gift from God,” he said. “And I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen.”

My opinion ...he was speaking that ..."life is that gift from God <> something that God intended to happen <> meaning, LIFE ..(God ,intended it to happen)... by Him.

Not rape.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Request edit of topic title since I ended up making it too long. Thanks in advance,.

This is my post on my Facebook page to a local TV station who ran the story.

Richard Murdock's comments on abortion are open for debate. It is my opinion that because his theology is weak, it came out different than what he meant. GOD knows everyone who will be born because of his omniscience, but His only involvement is in the fact that He told Adam and Eve to go forth and procreate. Jesus said that Satan is "the god of this age" (2 Cor. 4:4) and is the major influence on the ideals, opinions, goals, hopes and views of the majority of people. His influence also encompasses the world’s philosophies, education, and commerce. The thoughts, ideas, speculations and false religions of the world are under his control and have sprung from his lies and deceptions. In essence, GOD did not cause the rape.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

It was on t.v. nightly news tonight.

They interviewed him ...and he did explain it the way ...he had said it. God gives life.

People misinterpeted it...they said.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Request edit of topic title since I ended up making it too long. Thanks in advance,.

Not sure what you wanted, so I edited the title according to what i thought was more appropriate. If you want it changed again, let me know.

there are really a lot of people who honestly believe that every conception is God's will. it's unfortunate, IMO, that anyone would think that to be the case. God's will is for NO child to be conceived outside of a loving marriage. any conception outside of His will is simply the consequence of human sin. period.

God allows consequences. He also blesses the woman who raises her child in the light of His love, regardless of how it was conceived. and if the child grows up to love the Lord, God will use him/her in a mighty way.

but that doesn't mean it was His will that some brute raped the child's mother... nor does it mean (in other circumstances) that God willed two people who were not married, or not married to each other, to have sex so that a child would be conceived.

so i really don't blame some people for being upset with the candidate's remarks. although they reflect MANY christian's views, the opinion is purely human, and shows God to be callous and uncaring.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,924
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

As a man, I'm somewhat reluctant to go into this topic, but I will (with trepidation).

I'd like us to step back a moment and ask ourselves: in the larger political scheme of things, what does this candidate's view on this topic matter? And while his viewpoint is viewed as "extreme" by some (not necessarily me), it's not like the laws are ever going to change.

The bottom line - in this country, women who conceive as a result of rape are never going to be forced BY LAW to carry the child to term. It's not going to happen. Period. End of story.

The beliefs of our political candidates and leaders run all over the map on many of the so-called "life" issues. Our current president seems to have no problem with infanticide. Did that dis-qualify him for office? Well, it did for me, but apparently not with the larger electorate.

I don't live in Indiana, but if I did I would vote for Mourdock with no hesitation. Not because of THIS issue, but because if we have any chance at all of repealing Obamacare (to me, the central issue), we cannot elect democrats.

Blessings!

-Ed

I'd like us to step back a moment and ask ourselves: in the larger political scheme of things, what does this candidate's view on this topic matter?

to ME, it doesn't matter a bit in the political big picture. and i wouldn't like him any more or less if he had said something different. opinions are just opinions. there's a lot of people here at worthy who agree with what he said, i've debated them on the subject a few times here on these boards. doesn't change how i feel about them.

but the ugly truth is, there are people in the world who are looking for an excuse to hate a political candidate and justify voting for someone far more dangerous based on what they consider a personal offense. so... from a national perspective, his words matter a great deal in the political scheme of things.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,924
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

so... from a national perspective, his words matter a great deal in the political scheme of things.

I'm not so sure about that. Any effect that controversial (perceived) statements like this have is - if anything - a wash. What I mean by that first off is the pro-abort social issues crowd probably wasn't going to vote for Mourdock, anyway. Likewise, the pro-life people probably weren't going to vote for his opponent.

Those in the middle on this issue - previously undecided as to whom they were going to vote - will, I believe, break evenly one way or the other. And while I cannot cite a link to support this view, it's just what I've come to believe after many years of watching things political.

Blessings!

-Ed