IGNORED

Ever think how horrible the experience of eternity

Guest Man_of_the_Lord_Jesus_Christ

One thing I think about daily is my two daughters who if they died today would die without the Lord's Salvation.

Although I raised them to believe in the Lord, 4 years into college they both told me they had stopped believing in Jesus, God, The Bible and Christianity in whole. They went to college to learn of Christianity, religion, The Bible and every ounce of knowledge that would be useful to a Christian in order for them to defend their faith. They had planned on becoming apologists and defending Christianity from the attack it's under in today's society. However once they spent 4 years studying to become apologists they have stopped believing.

I have tried to convince them to return to Christ but I can't convince them. They are so much smarter than me and are so much better debaters than me that my head is left spinning rapidly when we are done. This makes me even sadder because they could of been great apologists. They are so beautiful, intelligent and their lives are so promising but I am worried of their eternal souls.

I know some of you here must have family members who have not accepted Christ, how do you deal with it? Not a day goes by that I do not worry about them.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  965
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/28/1979

My heart goes out to you brother... All I can say is to continue to pray for them- everyday. Don't get discouraged though, it may take months, years, even decades. My family prayed for almost 3 years for me to come back to God, when I turned my back on Him. They'll feel that tugging, they'll feel the conviction of the Holy Spirit- I know I did. Unfortunately, we can't always say things to bring people to Jesus, so you MUST trust that God has everything under control. He already has this all planned out- that's a comforting thought. Let me share these verses that I seem to post everywhere because they are so awesome :cool: :

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

And don't forget Romans 8:28! He will work it all out- take Him at His Word. God Bless you bro

Love in Him-

Shannon

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

One thing I think about daily is my two daughters who if they died today would die without the Lord's Salvation.

Although I raised them to believe in the Lord, 4 years into college they both told me they had stopped believing in Jesus, God, The Bible and Christianity in whole. They went to college to learn of Christianity, religion, The Bible and every ounce of knowledge that would be useful to a Christian in order for them to defend their faith. They had planned on becoming apologists and defending Christianity from the attack it's under in today's society. However once they spent 4 years studying to become apologists they have stopped believing.

I have tried to convince them to return to Christ but I can't convince them. They are so much smarter than me and are so much better debaters than me that my head is left spinning rapidly when we are done. This makes me even sadder because they could of been great apologists. They are so beautiful, intelligent and their lives are so promising but I am worried of their eternal souls.

I know some of you here must have family members who have not accepted Christ, how do you deal with it? Not a day goes by that I do not worry about them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All I can say brother is believe in prayer. Dont give up on them, bring them to God in prayer daily and believe that God is able to change their hearts and minds. We must trust God with our prayers. Its not enough to pray without believing that HE can and will.

I can remember when I became a Christian most of my family did not really know the Lord. I can remember constantly agonizing over them in prayer and one by one they all came to the Lord.

I think colleges today are one of worst places to send your kids today. Most if not all try to convert you kids to be atheist and agnostics. Sending your kids off to college is like sending kids off to a satanic temple to gain a higher knowlege so that they can get a good job at the expense of their faith and your money.

Well just my $.02

God bless,

All I can say brother is believe in prayer.  Dont give up on them, bring them to God in prayer daily and believe that God is able to change their hearts and minds.  We must trust God with our prayers.  It not enough to pray with out believing that the can and will.

I do have faith in Him but I still can't help feeling concern for them. I have even had nightmares about it.

I can remember when I became a Christian most of my family did not really know the Lord.  I can remember constantly agonizing over them in prayer and one by one they all came to the Lord.

Thank you! This is a truely uplifting story.

I think colleges today are one of worst places to send your kids today.  Most if not all try to convert you kids to be atheist and agnostics.  Sending your kids off to college is like sending kids off to a satanic temple to gain a higher knowlege so that they can get a good job at the expense of their faith and your money.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who thinks this! I was horrified to find out a couple of months ago that their philosophy teacher for four years was an atheist.

You see he wanted to speak with me because he thought my daughters were very intelligent when it comes to philosophy. So I sat down and had a long discussion with him and found out he was an atheist. Do you think this could of influenced my daughters? They took up philosophy to learn philosophical arguments for Christianity but do you think this teacher decided to sneak in some atheist apologetics with his teaching?

Why does this world have to be so evil? I feel like the whole world is rebeling against His Will.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  03/28/1950

Hello Man.

PS 103:17 But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children--

Eze 37:25 They will live in the land I gave to my servant Jacob, the land where your fathers lived. They and their children and their children's children will live there forever, and David my servant will be their prince forever.

PR 22:6 Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

Keep praying and keep trusting Him because He has given us our children and their children.

Heaven would not be Heaven without them.

I will pray for your Prodigals.

Why does this world have to be so evil? I feel like the whole world is rebeling against His Will.

It is. It crucified the Lord of life.

johnp.

Guest antitox

Let me add that when you pray, start praying more specifically. Where you know they are, pray that the Lord will plant the right people around them in their workplace (or wherever), that will have a powerful witness to their lives. Pray that the Lord will visit each one of them in a special way that will open them to His word and His will. Pray that he will visit them in their dreams. Rebuke the enemy to stay out of their way and ask the Lord to lead them to places of conviction in their lives where the Holy Spirit can draw them.

I gave those examples to say this; pray for things that will help get their steps ordered where it will lead them to Jesus. We are in covenant, so God hears when we pray specifically and He will act in a greater, more direct way, I believe. This type of praying has had powerful effects on my kids, even now at my son's age of 22.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

That is the dangerous part about God giving us free will. He allows us to come to Him after He calls us, but we can also reject Him.

It is really sad. My heart goes out to you. I can't imagine what it feels like for you.

Prayers going up.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  678
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

I think colleges today are one of worst places to send your kids today.  Most if not all try to convert you kids to be atheist and agnostics.  Sending your kids off to college is like sending kids off to a satanic temple to gain a higher knowlege so that they can get a good job at the expense of their faith and your money.

Well just my $.02

God bless,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I somewhat agree with you, at least as long as we're talking about public universities and secular colleges. I think most of the problem lies not with the teachers but with peers and your children themselves. For eighteen years Christian parents raise their kids in Christ including taking them to church every week and trying to instill Christian values in them. Suddenly they are living in a dorm with a roommate the college placed them with on a floor with students from many walks of life, most of who probably don't give one care about Christ. The parents are no longer around to guide them- they are left to their own devices for probably the first time. Do you think they would rather isolate themselves from their unbelieving peers or become part of their community doing the things they do? Bear in mind that many kids this age are still trying to find their own identity, one that is not their parents'. Christ almost doesn't stand a chance in this sort of environment where there is little to no Christian guidance. Yes there are groups like Campus Crusade for Christ, but they are like a cry into the wind amidst all the many other groups, the clubs, athletics, etc.

Enter Christian colleges. I went to one of these and just graduated a year ago (I also went to public university prior to this, from which I did not graduate). The professors were all required to be born-again followers of Christ and boy were they ever different from many of my professors at the public university. Christ was their center and it showed. They started class out with prayer. They cared intimately about their students and their progress and even went out of their way to help when we needed it. When I was received a bad progress report from my cooperating teacher during student teaching they talked to me, prayed over me, pulled me from that classroom and placed me in another, and sent others to observe me and give a balanced perspective of my teaching. When I ultimately failed they met with me, prayed with me, and handed me a diploma anyway (student teaching by policy could not be retaken). I can't get certified to teach in a public school, but at least I have a bachelor's.

So parents, if you can get financial aid, send your kids to a Christian college. They may not have you as a guide when away at school, but at least Christ will still be present in the professors and many of the students. Not all students, unless the college requires it, but far more than at a public university. And you know that they will be going to church too, as most Christian colleges have a chapel requirement.