• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

The word is not found anywhere in my Bible (CEV). Perhaps you need a modern Bible. When God speaks to His people today He speaks the same way He did in the past and, as far as I know, does not bother to write it down.

Actually, no. God speaks to His people through His Word, and negating that relegates the bible's intent and purpose to that of a history book. Which it is not. It is the living, breathing Word of Almighty God, now and for eternity.

The word of man or woman, if not completely and utterly based on the rock of the Word, is meaningless and without substance. And the more one immerses oneself in the Word, the easier it is to hear God speaking through it. And the easier it is to filter out the "noise".

Finally, there is no such thing as a "modern" bible. There is the bible, with subtle and sometimes not so subtle interpretations. But I have found, with all the bibles I use, that through them all, the one voice that speaks the truth is that of the Holy Spirit, not man, not pastors, not prophets, not the person who memorizes verses, not the "intellectual" biblical scholar.

I learn more about His glorious creation from birdsong than do I from impassioned preaching........

So what about people who would have been dead so long that their bodies would have decayed?

I know I will catch some flack for this but that's OK. God has shown me this spiritual truth: The resurrection of the dead (usually called the "first resurrection") has already occurred in the spiritual realm. The first trumpet has sounded in the spiritual realm. Those Believers who die today go directly to Paradise (holding place for the righteous dead) to be with the Lord and those who were resurrected. See what Jesus told the thief on the cross. Paradise is not Heaven. Paradise is the "holding place" of the righteous dead awaiting. No Jesus is not just "sitting at the right hand of God". He is busy creating a place for us. After the judgments our eternal home will be the New Earth. See Rev. 20 & 21. We will have spiritual bodies.

There is none that specifically says the trumpet will sound in the spiritual realm. As I said God revealed that to me through a prophetess back in the 80s.

If there is no Scriptural support for what you claim (I'm not saying that there isn't, I simply wish to see it myself), how can we know that it is the truth and not an invention of man? New revelation must be held up against Scripture to validate it.

Acts 17:11 ...they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things (the teachings of Paul and Silas) were so.

The Bible says "The trumpet shall sound and the dead in Christ shall rise........" The Bible does not say whether that's in our physical realm or the spiritual realm. But what I have been told does not contradict Scripture. It's just not commonly taught.

Your example is ridiculous. What I shared is in Scripture. God just added the where it happened.

Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure... Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

I didn't add to His word, God did.

Yes Dear One I Think I Will Ask The Lord

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 2 Peter 1:20

And I Will Believe Whatever

For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: Philippians 1:23

He Says To Me

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me. Job 19:25-27

See

But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living. And when the multitude heard this, they were astonished at his doctrine. Matthew 22:31-33

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,347
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

For those who believe the Bible is opened to new revelation- Have not studied 'The' Revelation!

The great seal upon God's Word is just for that purpose! Nothing to add and nothing to take away...

It is amazing how simple the structure of His Word and great need of an objective foundation that

it is! The attack of satan to say it (The Word) is not the everything to lead us into a complete

knowledge of Him is in direct dispute with it's structure from begin to end Genesis-Revelation...

For those who believe that Word is open for new revelation invites subjective demise to the

very needful objectivity of God's Word!

It does not take a very deep thought ... as Joe has so elequently pointed out

*************** "Scripture is of no private interpretation!" ***********************

The Word of God was written to the World of men to bring them into the light

of His Truth and it does so into the Eternal State of New Heaven and New Earth with sin and death

confined into eternal torment and forever we with our Lord--- really what could be added to this? Love, Steven

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Shall is future and Paul did not declare that it had happened yet. So shall we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them(the bodies of the dead in Christ) and we shall forever be with the Lord. Have all Christians been taken up? You need to read on because chapter and verses were not in the original manuscripts and Paul tells them that this will happen at the Lord's coming, 1 Thess 5:1-11 But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. 5 You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. 6 Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober. 7 For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night. 8 But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation. 9 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him.11 Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing. The comfort to them and to believers ever since this time is that whether one dies or is alive when He comes back, the believer will be with the Lord.

You are right that no exact time is given but Paul speaks here in the first person and says that "we who are alive and remain", hence in Paul's lifetime, shall not precede etc. This is the word of God as Paul explicitly states, hence I don't see why you doubt it.

Are there any more verses which you claim were not originally part of the word of God? Do you suggest it is forgery?

You failed to show what verses in the scripture I said are forgeries. But the first resurrection is clearly taught and Rev 20:5-6 show who will be in that first resurrection.

Edited by allofgrace

Nothing I've said contradicts Scripture only what your teachers have added to it. I have been a Believer since 1949 and have developed a deeper relationship with God then I ever thought possible. Don't suppose to be more Spiritually mature than me.

The spiritually mature will never find the need to defend themselves... it is when we contend for the recognition of man that we slip

into who's who! The Light of God is revealed in the actions of men and when they come and try to teach progressive revelation to a closed

canon of Scripture ... well we know the driving force behind that which attacks our foundation of God's Word :) Love, Steven

What are you afraid of? It has noting to do with the Gospel. The Gospel if found in John 3:16.

I think you have perverted this truth already! The Gospel is the death, burial and resurrection of Christ The Lord

and is even defined within Scripture! Your refusal to recognize even this pin pointed truth of Scripture allows me to say perverter of truth!

Love, Steven

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

Nothing I've said contradicts Scripture only what your teachers have added to it. I have been a Believer since 1949 and have developed a deeper relationship with God then I ever thought possible. Don't suppose to be more Spiritually mature than me.

When you say "Nothing I've said contradicts Scripture only what your teachers have added to it" you say it without having provided the Scriptural support that you claim that your "revelation" has. I will present my view and support it with Scripture, and it is my hope that you will do likewise.

Every believer has died with Christ and has been raised up with him to walk in newness of life. This process of resurrection is not instantaneous and is called Sanctification - the process by which we are made (while still on this earth) more and more like unto Christ:

Romans 6:3-11 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life...

Ephesians 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

This process will not be completed while we are yet on this earth because of the sin principle in us:

But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Romans 7:23

After we die, however, the sin principle will be destroyed, and we will be raised with incorruptible bodies at the final resurrection:

1 Corinthians 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

However, before this corporeal resurrection, I would suggest that the spirits of the believers await this ultimate resurrection in Paradise.

And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Luke 23:43

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Edited by AlexanderJ

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

Yes Dear One I Think I Will Ask The Lord

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 2 Peter 1:20

And I Will Believe Whatever

For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: Philippians 1:23

He Says To Me

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me. Job 19:25-27

See

But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living. And when the multitude heard this, they were astonished at his doctrine. Matthew 22:31-33

Best reply that I have read, thanks..... God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Jesus died for my sins so that I might live....Jesus is the bread of life....not death...

Joh_3:16

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Col_2:13

When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Joh_6:58

This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever."

Thank GOD!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  295
  • Birthday:  04/26/1932

When you say "Nothing I've said contradicts Scripture only what your teachers have added to it" you say it without having provided the Scriptural support that you claim that your "revelation" has. I will present my view and support it with Scripture, and it is my hope that you will do likewise.

Every believer has died with Christ and has been raised up with him to walk in newness of life. This process of resurrection is not instantaneous and is called Sanctification - the process by which we are made (while still on this earth) more and more like unto Christ:

Romans 6:3-11 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life...

Ephesians 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

This process will not be completed while we are yet on this earth because of the sin principle in us:

But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Romans 7:23

After we die, however, the sin principle will be destroyed, and we will be raised with incorruptible bodies at the final resurrection:

1 Corinthians 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

However, before this corporeal resurrection, I would suggest that the spirits of the believers await this ultimate resurrection in Paradise.

And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Luke 23:43

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

I have provided the same Scriptural support the members of the rapture cult have provided - none. Because the order of events and time for the "rapture" is not found in Scripture. The "where" of "The dead in Christ will rise....." is not found in Scripture. Many have posted here as if I personally attacked their entire belief system. All I have done is share what God has shown me about where the resurrection of the dead took place. If that shakes your entire belief system then you'd better re-check what you believe.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  195
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

I have provided the same Scriptural support the members of the rapture cult have provided - none. Because the order of events and time for the "rapture" is not found in Scripture. The "where" of "The dead in Christ will rise....." is not found in Scripture. Many have posted here as if I personally attacked their entire belief system. All I have done is share what God has shown me about where the resurrection of the dead took place. If that shakes your entire belief system then you'd better re-check what you believe.

Ay ay ay.... :th_frusty: