IGNORED

Can the Holy Spirit be cast out by deliverance ?

Biscuit

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

It is possible that I simply heard wrong or misunderstood and judged too quickly. I will pray about it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Only you can answer that yourself by allowing Him to show you the truth. To many times people get caught up in the "now", wanting to believe that what is going on is authentic. The only way to know if it is of God or not is to listen, with all humility and patience. to what His Spirit is saying to you, Nobody here can answer your questions, but only give advice from scripture and experience.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

I have another concern. I am a mess and hope to get my life straightened out one day.

I am currently at a "deliverance ministry". The ministers were discerning a number of things to attempt to "cast out". I recall one of them mentioning 'false anointing'. I thought he was talking about applying oil to the forehead. I was looking and it could also mean the filling of the Holy Spirit. Can a person 'cast' the Holy Spirit out of you? It concerns me if this man was trying to cast the Holy Spirit out of me. I don't hear God's voice, but it does not mean that the Holy Spirit is not in me. If he had cast it out, would i even be concerned about it like I am now? Is it possible for man to remove the Holy Spirit against God's will? I asked the minister about it tonite and he said he could not recall anything about false anointing. I don't think I am going back after that.

The Holy Spirit wouldn't be worth having if he could be cast out by a mortal nor would our God wouldn't be worth believing in if he could be thwarted by a man. The Holy Spirit became the seal of the believer after the Day of Pentacost and it will not leave the believer for any reason - it has been placed there by an omnipotent God.

...the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Ephesians 4:30

(For the record this verse: "Psa 51:11 Do not cast me out from Your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me." was written before the Holy Spirit was established as the mark and seal of a believer)

Edited by AlexanderJ

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Usually when events happens...they have the CD available for sell. See if you can get that service in its completeness...then listen to what was said to you.

• 3 weeks later...

I have another concern. I am a mess and hope to get my life straightened out one day.

I am currently at a "deliverance ministry". The ministers were discerning a number of things to attempt to "cast out". I recall one of them mentioning 'false anointing'. I thought he was talking about applying oil to the forehead. I was looking and it could also mean the filling of the Holy Spirit. Can a person 'cast' the Holy Spirit out of you? It concerns me if this man was trying to cast the Holy Spirit out of me. I don't hear God's voice, but it does not mean that the Holy Spirit is not in me. If he had cast it out, would i even be concerned about it like I am now? Is it possible for man to remove the Holy Spirit against God's will? I asked the minister about it tonite and he said he could not recall anything about false anointing. I don't think I am going back after that.

The Only Question I Would Ask Of Any Ministry Is "Sir, I Would See Jesus"

The same came therefore to Philip, which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying, Sir, we would see Jesus. John 12:21

And As For Someone Or Something Casting Out God, The Holy Spirit

I Believe It's More Likely That Any Would Be Bouncer Will Just Get Bounced, lol

But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you. Matthew 12:28

How Great Is Our God~!

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Praying~!

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

All this 'casting out' or 'exorcism' as the Catholics call it (same thing really) is extremely dangerous business. Like electricity, spiritual life is everywhere but also like electricity one can be badly zapped if played with. And it sounds as though that's exactly what you've been doing - playing. There are far too many ignorant people fooling around with spirits who know absolutely nothing about what they are doing. Even worse, they seldom if ever address the root cause of spiritual infestations.

SIN

Did you read the above line? It reads 'sin'. Sin is much more than naughtiness. It is the essence of evil and rebellion. It is a violation of the will of God and as such must be expunged from heaven and earth by a loving and merciful God. It's called judgment for humans, but for the earth and for heaven its more like taking out the trash. And if that trash is a human spirit that is unwilling to come to the savior for repentance then there is not much that can be done except to destroy it. God isn't willing for that to happen and that's why He shed His blood upon the cross.

Some people do not believe that foul spirits, unclean spirits, can inhabit the same person at the same time as the Holy Spirit. I'm here to tell you that it can happen. In fact, the entire race is so infested that cleaning house is not always done in an instant. Sometimes it takes years. If a person is saved, by that I mean indwelt by the Holy Spirit, there begins a time of intense spiritual warfare from the day a man or woman steps forward and accepts Christ. Note that the average unsaved person is totally unaware of such struggles. The worst they wrestle with is dieting or attempts to stop smoking. This is a clue and a symptom of the power of sin and redemption working together within the life of a believer. Its a cleansing process and its called sanctification.

Read the entire book of Romans, especially chapters 6, 7 & 8. The book is an extremely good work about the spiritual and physical tension experienced by the saved believer. Not for nothing is the book of Romans called the Grand Canyon of the Bible. It's extremely deep and heavy. STUDY IT.

Don't get me wrong. There are certain individuals who can decide to stop smoking cold turkey and never pick up a butt again. Most don't, however. Sin is much different and much worse. Nobody who has accepted Christ ever lives the rest of their lives without stumbling. Nobody. Sometimes that stumbling has external causes and sometimes its internal such as yielding to temptation to sin. If a man tells you that he has never stumbled or that he has never at some time yielded to temptation, that man is either a liar or a fool. It happens and we are duty bound to deal with it. What happens is sin and we must remove it, turn from it, repent of it and destroy every thought of the mind that is tickled by it! The battle is grievous and severe and anybody who says it isn't happening is doing themselves a disservice.

I could go on and on, but the root cause of demonic influence is SIN. When a Christian sins, they yield to unclean spirits. There are numerous cautions AND WARNINGS about this. Christians are told over and over again "do not yield your members to sin". This is much worse than sneaking a drag on a cigarette when one is trying to quit.

Get rid of the sin! Turn away from it! That is the duty and chore and cross that Christians are called to bear. Removal of demonic spirits and influences ('casting out' and exorcising') is Jesus' job.

The biggest weapon against spiritual evil is the blood of Christ. That's God's weapon. The second biggest weapon against sin is repentance. That is our DUTY.

It is better to spill a single tear in sincere repentance than to donate a thousand dollars to a deliverance ministry.

Final statement. You cannot exorcise the Holy Spirit. What mechanism can move God? Is there a lever big enough? Is there a dose of medication that's large enough?

When He says He will never leave us or forsake us, GOD MEANS IT. And God never breaks His word.

Which brings us to the oft-quoted passage about quenching the Holy Spirit. Some translations yield the word 'quench' and others use the word 'smother' or 'grieve'. I prefer the latter useage. Grieving the Holy Spirit will not drive it out and will not cause a man to lose his salvation.

WARNING: Grieving the Holy Spirit is extremely dangerous!

While church goers are normally used to a cheerleader atmosphere during worship - warm and fuzzy feelings - that sort of thing, they assume that the Holy Spirit will always bring peace love and smiley faces. Be warned - the Holy Spirit is not a spiritual bartender. It does not always dispense good news and does not always bring a smile. The joy of the Lord isn't a stupid grin on your face - it is CONFIDENCE that God will work for good in our lives. The Holy Spirit isn't a comedian and doesn't always bring giggles. The Holy Spirit always always vindicates Jesus - not a man's self-important issues.

Therefore when the Holy Spirit is offended in some way - the offender can be certain of looking forward to a very very very unpleasant experience. It can be so unpleasant that it can result in physical injury, property damage or loss or in extreme cases death.

Did you read that? Injury and death. It is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of an angry God. The Christian is the slave of righteousness - remember that. The slaves' duty is to obey his master and if he has a good master that master will take care of the enemy. If he yields himself to sin it will not cause the Holy Spirit to leave but it may very well cause the Holy Spirit to execute some sort of extremely unpleasant judgment upon the Christian. It is written that judgment begins in the House of God.

Do not play with exorcism. Do not play with sin for that is the root cause of spiritual infestation. Repentance, not snake charmers or con artists masquerading as ministers of the gospel, is the key to liberty in Christ. But the ultimate weapon in the Kingdom of God is the blood of the lamb - and you can't buy that in the corner drug store.

but that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by rjp34652

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/26/1986

If the Holy Spirit is in you then cast them out yourself in the name of Jesus Christ, the power is yours:

Mark 16:17, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues."

Acts 16:18, "And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour."

Acts 4:30, "By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus."

Mark 9:38-39, "And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbade him, because he followeth not us. But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me."

God bless.

Edited by Meta_Agape

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

It takes the power of the Holy Spirit to cast out demons, can Holy Spirit cast Himself out? I find most deliverence ministries are harmful in that they give the devil a stage and the fruit ends in fear and suspision rather than rigbhtious, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit. When we focus too much on what the enemy is doing and become demon hunters, we are in a bad place where we allow the devil to choose out agenda. Our eyes must be fixed on Christ.

Matthew `1:28 But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

This question has been answered many time. No, the Holy Spirit cannot be cast out of a person. Who is more powerful than God, and is not the Holy Spirit God?

Closed.