• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Some thoughts to consider...

-Prov. 17:2

A wise servant will rule over a son who causes shame, and will share an inheritance among the brothers.

Our influence has less to do with our position or title than it does with the life we live. It's not about position, but production. It is not the education we get, but the empowerment we give, that makes the difference to others.

The key word is credibility. We gain credibility when our life matches our talk and when both add value to others. In the words of Proverbs 17:2, it's better to be a wise slave than a foolish son.

Some questions to consider:

A. Consistency: Am I the same person no matter who is with me?

B. Choices: Do I make decisions solely based on how they benefit me or do I consider others?

C. Credit: Am I quick to recognize others for their part in helping me succeed?

D. Character: Do I work harder at my image or at my integrity?

E. Credibility: Have I recognized that credibility is a victory not a gift?

God bless,

GE

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

God reserves the right to throw a hot cup of coffee in your lap to see what will come out of your mouth.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

powerful questions.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

God reserves the right to throw a hot cup of coffee in your lap to see what will come out of your mouth.

Lol true! :thumbsup:

powerful questions.

Questions to consider.

Without Jesus

I'm Sunk~!

I agree! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Is OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOwww a bad word... :hmmm:

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Without Jesus

I'm Sunk~!

You can say that again Joe....

skunkme.jpg

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I am on a whole different wave length. When I think of positiion I think of us being seated in heavenly places with Christ.

When I consider all that God has done for me and all of us who are "in Christ",

When I consider that being "in Christ" is the only factor that makes it all possible, then I come in a position of strength

and power to walk the walk and do what God has prepared for me. Eph 1:3-14,, Eph 4-6:9

Lastly we are given the power to stand against the wiles of the enemy in 6:10-20. All we need to do is hold our

ground. The battle is going on overhead in the heavenlies, so we keep our heads down in prayer and hold the ground.

For the battle is not yours, but God's. 2 Chronicles 20:15-22 gave an account of God fighting the battles for Israel. But

often He fights our battles for us, too, when we sing praises to the beauty of His holiness and His mercy which endures

forever.

So whenever I think of position and power, I think of the book of Ephesians and Watchman Nee's "Sit, Walk, Stand". It

was a lesson I had to live, depending on all that God has given me in Christ to walk the walk and to stand against the lies

accusation of satan.

Forgive me for digressing and getting off topic a bit.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

Some thoughts to consider...

-Prov. 17:2

A wise servant will rule over a son who causes shame, and will share an inheritance among the brothers.

Our influence has less to do with our position or title than it does with the life we live. It's not about position, but production. It is not the education we get, but the empowerment we give, that makes the difference to others.

The key word is credibility. We gain credibility when our life matches our talk and when both add value to others. In the words of Proverbs 17:2, it's better to be a wise slave than a foolish son.

Some questions to consider:

B. Choices: Do I make decisions solely based on how they benefit me or do I consider others?

C. Credit: Am I quick to recognize others for their part in helping me succeed?

D. Character: Do I work harder at my image or at my integrity?

E. Credibility: Have I recognized that credibility is a victory not a gift?

God bless,

GE

In a word, excellent.

Edited by AmateurPoet03

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

GE, in direct answer,

A. for better or for worse, what yòu see is what you get no matter who you are.

B. Could do a lot better here, especially in regards to my hubby, who still insists on doing things for me that are much easier for me to do. His arthritis is worse than mine. I need to be much more considerate. Forgive, me, Lord. Please help me

C. It is soley by God's grace that I succede at anything. Since Hubby and I are mòst always a team, Much of what we do is in tandum. He takes photos, I edit and post. Couldn't happen without him. Couln't happen without God's grace giving ùs the opportunities and the beautiful things He creates. My part is pretty small and insignificant. That is the way life pretty much goes. I do little more than open my mouth or move my fingers. In fact, can't think of a thing that I have done, off hand, besides pray. And that is only asking Someone else to do someting and I have no real control over the outcome. So the only thing I am able to do is give others due credit.

D. Don't work too hard at changing myself anymore. Used to do that and ended in a lot of frustrating self effort. It was much easier to just give up, cling to Jesus, try to hear and obey His voice, read His word to know that what I heard was really from God (and check with hubby). The only thing I really have to work at is being quiet. Saying nothing is harder than doing nothing. Butting out is a lot harder than butting in when God is telling me to keep quiet and hubby is telling me to butt out. I guess character is the outcome of all of that. I hope that integrity is also the outcome of it.

Most people would find my image to be nothing that I have worked at. It sort of got hung on me. Most people know me to be a Christian.

E. What credibility. Christ is my victory. Only His word is credible. If I have it I sure don't know it.