• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

(NEWS.CINCINNATI) — Health system TriHealth had a message for 150 employees Wednesday: We really mean it this time.

The 150 workers who didn’t get the required flu shots by the Nov. 16 deadline received termination notices the day before Thanksgiving.

To keep their jobs, they need a flu shot by Dec. 3.

“The flu vaccine still is the best way to protect our employees and our patients against the flu,” spokesman Joe Kelley said.

http://www.wnd.com/2...ot/?cat_orig=us

More personal freedom flushed away.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

not really, this wasnt the government governing it-it was a private care system, and private businesses have the right to hire and fire as they please if you ask me. I mean serious, would you want to go to the doctor, and worry about geting the flu from it? If a private employer, especially one in the health care business, wants to require flu shots for their employees if they want to keep their job, thats their right. If it was the government requiring them, then I would agree with you, but its not its a private business, if the employees dont like the policy, then they can go work somewhere else.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

not really, this wasnt the government governing it-it was a private care system, and private businesses have the right to hire and fire as they please if you ask me. I mean serious, would you want to go to the doctor, and worry about geting the flu from it? If a private employer, especially one in the health care business, wants to require flu shots for their employees if they want to keep their job, thats their right. If it was the government requiring them, then I would agree with you, but its not its a private business, if the employees dont like the policy, then they can go work somewhere else.

I would assume businesses like that got along just fine before there were flu shots. Also, flu shots are based on the best guess as to what strain of flu will hit that year. Trampling on my freedom for the sake of a guess is not acceptable.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

(quote) from article..

TriHealth operates Good Samaritan and Bethesda North hospitals, the Queen City Physicians and Group Health Associates doctors groups and Hospice of Cincinnati

That doesn't surprise me ... in our state .. employers can fire someone with no reason at all.

I would assume businesses like that got along just fine before there were flu shots. Also, flu shots are based on the best guess as to what strain of flu will hit that year. Trampling on my freedom for the sake of a guess is not acceptable.

It doesnt matter whether they got along fine before or not, its doesnt even matter if its "right" or not, its not trampling on your freedoms in the least bit. If you dont like it, don't work there, its not a government rule, its the companys right to. If they want to require flu shots, then that is their choice-it isnt the government telling them to, its not the government telling the employees to, its the company requiring it. To tell the company it doesnt have the right to is trampling on the companys rights. If you want to work there, you have to get a flu shot, its not unreasonable, and it is the companys free right to do so. Its also your free right to refuse a flu shot, but if you do then you have to work somewhere else. Just because you dont agree with it doesnt mean yours, or anyone elses rights are being violated.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Good point. The flu shot only hits 3 or 4 strains out of the dozens and dozens of strains out there.....sort of like Russian Roulette. Flu shots and vaccinations can contain such ingredients as thimerosal (mercury), aluminum, propylene glycol (antifreeze), formaldehyde (embalming fluid), foreign monkey protein, fetal cells, etc. I would prefer to trust the immune system that God gave me. A company such as this one should have no problem signing an agreement that they will be responsible for any adverse effects caused by the injection. There are many parents and physicians who think that autism is "triggered" by vaccinations. It would be wise to ask the nurse or individual who administers such an injection for a list of ingredients contained in the injection.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

If you don't like it don't work in Health Care. it's your choice afterall.

This topic isnt about whether flu shots give autism or not, its about whether private companies have the right to fire people over refusal to get them or not. lets try to keep it on topic. :D

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Most health care institutions mandate that their employees are vaccinated not only against the flu but also against other things (mumps etc). It is not a loss of personal freedom as every employee has the right to choose another business to work for or another profession. Do you think it is a loss of personal freedom for a company to mandate a dress code for their employees? Folks have been fired for refusing to wear the required a white dress shirt and tie. Is that a loss of personal freedom? Yet it is considered acceptable for a company to have dress codes for their employees.

Health care workers are considered high risk and should have flu vaccinations. Health care workers who end up with the flu can spread it to diseased/injured folks who are susceptible to getting sick and likely to have a worse outcome from the flu since their immune systems are weakened to begin with. 30,000 people die every year from the flu.

Autism caused by vaccines has been proven false. The "doctor" who initially made that claim lost his license over his false claim.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

name='RunningGator' timestamp='1353962718' post='1889988']

Good point. The flu shot only hits 3 or 4 strains out of the dozens and dozens of strains out there.....sort of like Russian Roulette. Flu shots and vaccinations can contain such ingredients as thimerosal (mercury), aluminum, propylene glycol (antifreeze), formaldehyde (embalming fluid), foreign monkey protein, fetal cells, etc. I would prefer to trust the immune system that God gave me. A company such as this one should have no problem signing an agreement that they will be responsible for any adverse effects caused by the injection. There are many parents and physicians who think that autism is "triggered" by vaccinations. It would be wise to ask the nurse or individual who administers such an injection for a list of ingredients contained in the injection.

and there are many people that think the moon landing was faked and that 9/11 was an inside jobs and the twin towers fell due to explosives.

does not make them any more right than the debunked autism from shots theory

huh... :huh: out in left field again.... Off Topic.. Gator