WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.46
  • Content Count:  44,313
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Pediatricians should actively counsel teens about "emergency contraception" and even provide them with prescriptions or products ahead of time, to ensure they have the pills if they need them, the American Academy of Pediatrics says in a policy statement released online Monday.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/washingtontimes-com-news-2012-nov-26-younger-teens-may-get-birth-control-pill-/

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Pediatricians should actively counsel teens about "emergency contraception" and even provide them with prescriptions or products ahead of time,

Perhaps Pediatricians should counsel teens to choose abstinence. That would nip all of those problems, (unwanted pregnancies, STD's), in the bud.

Of course, I'm only dreaming. That'll never happen.

Guest shiloh357

If we as a culture would raise our little boys to respect little girls and to protect the honor of little girl and reinforce those values from when they are little children into adolescence, we would see few teen pregnancies.

As it is, our culture teaches little boys to be like predators. It teaches them that girls are territory to be conquered. When you respect someone, you don't touch them in a way they don't want to be touched, but little boys are not being raised to respect girls. I think Planned Parenthood would have to shut their doors if we changed how we portray sex and relationships in our country.

It doesn't mean we become weird and frumpy. There is no reason that boys and girls can't go out and have a good time and horse around and do so without getting caught up in the trap sexual promiscuity.

Besides, these birth control pills are a sham. They are lose dose and thus are not potent enough to prevent pregnancy. They are designed to promote a false sense of security that will end up creating more preganancies and STDs among our young people.

Perhaps Pediatricians should counsel teens to choose abstinence. That would nip all of those problems, (unwanted pregnancies, STD's), in the bud.

Abstinence??? You mean waiting until you get married when sex can be an expression of mutual love exclusivly between a husband and his wife in accordance to God's plan for healthy, well-adjusted, Godly marriages??? What are you? Some kind of freak?? :P

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

so, like it or not abstinence isn't going to happen...... so what is the backup plan to stop teen pregnancy?

so, like it or not abstinence isn't going to happen...... so what is the backup plan to stop teen pregnancy?

Matthew 24

30. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Matthew 24

30. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

And this will stop how many pregnancies between now and then. It's one thing to quote scripture at people and an entirely different matter to tackle the problems in this society today. Quoting scripture doesn't seem to have much of an effect on conception...... and it was the same back in the late 1950's and 60's when I was growing up...... we just didn't see it on TV back then, but it was there on Friday and Saturday nights.... and sometimes Wednesday's whenever...

Matthew 24

And this will stop how many pregnancies between now and then. It's one thing to quote scripture at people and an entirely different matter to tackle the problems in this society today. Quoting scripture doesn't seem to have much of an effect on conception...... and it was the same back in the late 1950's and 60's when I was growing up...... we just didn't see it on TV back then, but it was there on Friday and Saturday nights.... and sometimes Wednesday's whenever...

The point is, there's nothing anyone can do to stop teen pregnancy. The world is on a downward slide and it's only going to get worst.

We live in a world that caters to the pleasures of the flesh.

Our only refuge is the Word.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Well... there is one other option.....

Shotgun weddings... Did that go out of style?

I'm surprised the GOP didn't advocate this for the abortion/welfare/single moms- reduce the spending on welfare and food stamps.... (sarc)

Before anyone flame me- I'm a single mom, ok. It only took once to learn a lesson. Many don't learn it again and again and again. Just how young are we willing to go far enough to peddle abortifacients to? 10? 12? 8?

Guest shiloh357

There is no back up plan. There is the one and only plan which the world has rejected. Everything else the world has tried has only resulted in more unwanted pregnancies. Giving children condoms and birth control pills is like passing out double cheeseburgers at Weight Watchers.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

There is no back up plan. There is the one and only plan which the world has rejected. Everything else the world has tried has only resulted in more unwanted pregnancies. Giving children condoms and birth control pills is like passing out double cheeseburgers at Weight Watchers.

Hello Shiloh,

You are pointing to the world as a whole which gives me the impression that I'm welcome to write my opinion to your post, although I'm not American.

First af all, I would like to point out that you didn't provide any proof that birth control methods have increased the number of unwanted pregnancies, be it the result of sexual intercourse in mutual agreement, on the one hand, or the result of rape or similar things, on the other.

Let me ask you to turn your attention to the latter sort of sexual relations, while I'm hoping that you don't want to argue that birth control methods have led to an increase in the numbers of rape worldwide. Amnesty International has shown that in Nicaragua, for instance, rape is rampant throughout. So, when a women falls victim to a rapist, would she be more likely to be pregnant with or without having taken (regular) birth control pills?

Let me give you another example: unvoluntary prostitution is a big issue in Germany. Are you really thinking that banning prostitutes from access to (legal) contraception methods will lead to less unwanted pregnancies among them?

Greetings

Thomas

Edited by thomas t