• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1969

I wonder what purpose it [marijuana] serves? God made it for a reason right? Maybe it helps animals during labor or somthing.

Rope.

:whistling:

Indeed! :24:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1969

The biggest issue I have with marijuana is not the physicalities of it and what it brings forth on the body, but on a spiritual level.

I agree with the angle you are coming from here. There is a spiritual component to the use of marijuana and ALL drugs. We know from observation that practically all heathen cultures in the world today use some sort of drug(s) in order to bring the shaman, or whomever, into a trance-like state in order to see visions of the spiritual world, etc. And of course, the word for "sorcery" in the bible is "pharmakeia" - ie: pharmacy/drugs.

Edited by Peace Maker Tony

Guest shiloh357

I am a medical marijuana user would you deny that marijuana has any medical benefits? the marijuana that I use replaces many other medicines that have bad side effects.

We need to get honest about the medical MJ debate. The medical MJ debate was never about medical MJ. It has always been about the legalization of MJ. I get so tired of seeing guys with dreadlocks and their Bob Marley T-shirts telling us that they need MJ because their toes hurt or for their backs.

MJ has no curative properties. It may kill pain, make a person more comfortable, but it is a not real medicine. We don't do medicine in this country based on what's popluar. The entire medical MJ debate is completely diengenuous.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

How many here that stand against medical marijuana have used pot?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

I've never used pot. Not sure what my stance on medical marijuana is...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

I am a medical marijuana user would you deny that marijuana has any medical benefits? the marijuana that I use replaces many other medicines that have bad side effects.

We need to get honest about the medical MJ debate. The medical MJ debate was never about medical MJ. It has always been about the legalization of MJ. I get so tired of seeing guys with dreadlocks and their Bob Marley T-shirts telling us that they need MJ because their toes hurt or for their backs.

MJ has no curative properties. It may kill pain, make a person more comfortable, but it is a not real medicine. We don't do medicine in this country based on what's popluar. The entire medical MJ debate is completely diengenuous.

well it looks like your stereotyping again. you say it can kill pain but yet it's still not real medicine. according to who, you? well then i guess morphine isn't real medicine either. science has proven that marijuana has curative properties such as anti-inflammatory anti-nausea and also kills many different types of cancer cells.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  443
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

I agree that alcohol is worse for the body than marijuana, but I find it interesting how often that non sequitur arguement is used to defend pot. Why does it matter that marijuana is "better" than some other drug, when both are drugs and both are harmful to the body?

I have failed to find a real scientific study that has shown marijuana is harmful to the body

By "real", I take it you mean someone that is a user of marijuana? There are tons of scientific studies that show that it is harmful, but they are not even necessary. Because everyone who has been a habitual pot smoker, or knows one, knows what a stoner looks and acts like. You can pick them out from a mile away.

please show me some double blind scientific studies that show me marijuana is harmful. please think about what you say before you speak. what you said about stoners is completely stereotypical and racist, there are all kinds of people that smoke marijuana responibly and you wouldn't even suspect they smoke.

I'm not sure about neurologically and psychologically the effects about marijuana, but I know it is a defeater for spirituality. It sets up a barrier between you and God; taking the appeal of the given drug over the love and faithfulness of the LORD, replacing the foundation of HIM with your own desires and what you think makes you "feel good." 1 John 2:15-17 "Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever."

I think that the legalization and use of cannabis is both morally wrong and useless, what good is it other than to escape your life and be put in a limbo? It doesn't fix anything nor make anything better; take upon the Lord and let HIm fix and guide you,

Medical benefits? No, I only see marijuana as an numbing agent; nothing to the extrordinary or beneficial to it in my eyes, or from what I have read about it. If that is what works for you; more power to you. It is not something I would personally recommend though for the reason, biblically it blinds the spirit.

I am going to go out on a whim here and guess that you use medical marijuana for that; an numbing agent? (for pain) And I am sure that is tough, I am not your judge nor am I going to place such a thing upon you for that is not my place. All I can tell you is what the bible says and let you go from there, allow the spirit to guide you because there is nothing I can change, only God willing. The biggest issue I have with marijuana is not the physicalities of it and what it brings forth on the body, but on a spiritual level. Take this verse for example 1 Peter 4:1-7 "Therefore, since Christ suffered for us[a] in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind, for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, 2 that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God. 3 For we have spent enough of our past lifetime[b] in doing the will of the Gentiles—when we walked in lewdness, lusts, drunkenness, revelries, drinking parties, and abominable idolatries. 4 In regard to these, they think it strange that you do not run with them in the same flood of dissipation, speaking evil of you. 5 They will give an account to Him who is ready to judge the living and the dead. 6 For this reason the gospel was preached also to those who are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit." 7But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers.

i dont go out and have "pot parties" as those scriptures you referenced suggest. i consume my medicine responsibly. i have a physical anomaly in my brain which causes changes in my personality and emotions, and marijuana helps me to be more stable and positive which i thank god for daily.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

I don't stand against prescribed marijuana, but do stand against legalized use. I have never tried it. I have principles that I established long before I decided to join the US Military. I have lived by them for nearly 20 years.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I haven't, and why would I need to?

Oxycontin, Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Percote, Vicodine, Morphine and a long list of medicine are not only addictive while they give you a buzz, seems to be acceptable, yet nobody has an issue with them being prescribed. Those who never have known the affect of pot feel they are qualified to make a stance against people who do find relief from it. There is a huge difference between smoking pot for the high and using it for medical reasons. That is like saying that someone who takes Vicodin for pain is no more than a drug addict because they use it for the high.

First hand experience about an issue is more then enough to be qualified to answer why they use it than someone who has no experience except from what they have read or from personal belief. God is still healing people today from debilitating ailments, and I highly suggest that people seek His healing, but until they are healed, I would prefer they find relief from pot than that of an opiate.