WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

I wonder if they changed Genius... God made man and man ?

Then in the New Testament ... what about being born again ? Will they change that ?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1969

Just another quick thought. The gays can have whatever translation they want, but it changes nothing, because the word of the Lord stands forever. They seek to justify and glorify themselves in the sight of man with this new translation, but again I say, the word of the Lord stands forever. Only the Lord can justify us, not a reworked translation of the bible.

1 Peter 1

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Edited by Peace Maker Tony

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,311
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I wonder if they changed Genius... God made man and man ?

Then in the New Testament ... what about being born again ? Will they change that ?

Yeah and from part of the body was he taken :hmmm: no way not signing name here either.... :mgbowtie: hey shouldn't there be a blue tie :emot-poke: :mgbowtie: guy :happyhappy:

Guest shiloh357

The assault on gay rights almost always comes from a belief that the Bible says homosexuality is a sin. Gay marriage is at the forefront of religious and political debate, and it all stems from people's opinions on Biblical translation. The Queen James Bible is a new Bible that hopes to put an end to the debate, and arm Gay Christians and their supporters with a Bible of their own.

http://www.worthynew...ic-4112195-php/

Just for the record: "Gay Christian" is an oxymoron. There are no gay Christians. They may have "religion," but they do not have Christ.

The assault on gay rights almost always comes from a belief that the Bible says homosexuality is a sin. Gay marriage is at the forefront of religious and political debate, and it all stems from people's opinions on Biblical translation. The Queen James Bible is a new Bible that hopes to put an end to the debate, and arm Gay Christians and their supporters with a Bible of their own.

http://www.worthynew...ic-4112195-php/

Just for the record: "Gay Christian" is an oxymoron. There are no gay Christians. They may have "religion," but they do not have Christ.

Oh, I'm treading on thin water...but I'm going to have to disagree.

I think this particular sin is so abhorrent to most of us, that we really believe we are better than "those sinners" because we aren't tempted in that way, but we need to confess that all of us are STILL sinners saved by grace. Our sin just doesnt' look as ugly to us as their sin does.

There are certainly people who were gay and made a decision to follow Christ and yet still struggle with their old lifestyle....just as there are people who were ex-druggies or ex-alcoholics or ex-(fill in blank with any sinful behavior) that still struggle with their identity.

If they are justifying sin, (which is the entire purpose of this "bible") then there is no hope for them. But if an individual confesses sin to be sin, and still struggles to overcome over a time, who are we to say that they aren't genuinely as christian as the Pastor who has committed adultery and later repented? The wife who gossips? Or the envious? The glutton? No, their sin might be worse in our sight....but we aren't saved by "our" works anyway.

From heaven's lofty view on high, it seems that none of us look any taller than another....so let's not heap condemnation on "gay" christians so quickly. That only keeps them away from having fellowship with the very people they need most. Us, the Body.

Yes, yes, I know the homosexual will not inherit the Kingdom...just like the fornicators, the adulterers, and the thieves so many of us are apart from the empowering grace of God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,311
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I'm on this thinest as well... I may have my flesh in subjection to God from the sins it was used to BUT I am

aware of its desire of the vomit it would return to if I were just to say ok! For flesh remains flesh and my

spirit reckons it dead according to God's Word but I am still aware of its desire for sin and the wallow of death!

Love, Steven

Guest shiloh357
think this particular sin is so abhorrent to most of us, that we really believe we are better than "those sinners" because we aren't tempted in that way, but we need to confess that all of us are STILL sinners saved by grace. Our sin just doesnt' look as ugly to us as their sin does.

No, it is pretty abhorent to God as well. He uses the word "abomination" and iti s the strongest word in Hebrew to communicate the highest level of contempt. God does not use that term to describe all sin, but those He finds especially abhorent to Him.

There are certainly people who were gay and made a decision to follow Christ and yet still struggle with their old lifestyle....just as there are people who were ex-druggies or ex-alcoholics or ex-(fill in blank with any sinful behavior) that still struggle with their identity.

But we are talking about practicing homosexuals, not people who struggle with this sin in a sincere attempt serve the Lord.

]If they are justifying sin, (which is the entire purpose of this "bible") then there is no hope for them.
Yeah, which is the point I was making. We are not talking about people who struggle. We are talking about people who view homosexualilty as a perfectly legitimate way of life and is not crosswise with the Bible at all, and they have attempted to create a version that in their corrects what they see our misinterpretation of text by altering the trext to suit and justify their sin. These are practicing homosexuals who want to justify sin and force the the rest of us to accept their digusting lifestyle.

But if an individual confesses sin to be sin, and still struggles to overcome over a time, who are we to say that they aren't genuinely as christian as the Pastor who has committed adultery and later repented? The wife who gossips? Or the envious? The glutton? No, their sin might be worse in our sight....but we aren't saved by "our" works anyway.

No one said that yod, sheesh... It would be better for you to respond to what is actually said instead of reacting to what you think is being said.

From heaven's lofty view on high, it seems that none of us look any taller than another....so let's not heap condemnation on "gay" christians so quickly. That only keeps them away from having fellowship with the very people they need most. Us, the Body.

Actually from heaven lofty view there are no gay christians. That concept is simply not in the New Testament and no amount fancy theological footwork will make it a New Testament concept.

Yes, yes, I know the homosexual will not inherit the Kingdom...just like the fornicators, the adulterers, and the thieves so many of us are apart from the empowering grace of God.

Yes, that is what I Cor. 6;9 says. I am not singling out one sin as THE only sin God hates. There are a lot of practicing sinners every stripe that will not enter the Kingdom of heaven. This doesn't just apply to gays, but the point is that there are no gay Christians and the Bible knows nothing of the sort. Just as the Bible knows nothing of Christian fornicators, Christian adulterers or whatever.

So you are really trying to refute an argument that wasn't raised, at least not by me.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I find myself wondering if a person is still homosexual if they turn from that lifestyle? In other words, a practicing homosexual is a homosexual, but one who has turned from their old lifestyle to Christ is no longer a homosexual, but a child of God who came out of the homosexual community.

The understanding of the difference between the two is key.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I find myself wondering if a person is still homosexual if they turn from that lifestyle? In other words, a practicing homosexual is a homosexual, but one who has turned from their old lifestyle to Christ is no longer a homosexual, but a child of God who came out of the homosexual community.

Is a person that is not practicing homosexual activates still a homosexual if they have the desires but not the actions? Is it the actions or the attraction that makes one homosexual?

A person can be celibate but still have sexual desires.

You are asking me to judge the inner heart of a person, and I cannot do that. The world says "Once a thief, always a thief." I ask, if a person has not stolen in years, are they still a thief? Personally, I would say no.

I notice you really like to offer up such questions. Perhaps you can answer this one for us. What are your thoughts on this question?

Guest shiloh357

Is a person that is not practicing homosexual activates still a homosexual if they have the desires but not the actions? Is it the actions or the attraction that makes one homosexual?

A person can be celibate but still have sexual desires.

it depends on their response to those desires. I know there are Christians who struggle with that area of their life and are tempted to act on those desires. But they choose to reject that temptation and they don't entertain it.

Being a Christian doesn't make us immune from temptation, so it is not a sin to be tempted. But I think that is a foregone conclusion and is not in dispute among us. Having those deisres inflamed by temptation is an area that one must give over to the Lord and surrender to Him. God can and will deliver a person from those desires, but for some that is a process and not an instantaneous event.