• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/06/1966

How can I know God’s “ YES”?

I ask this question for years now. Although, I placed in my heart of His promise “Have not I commanded you? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be you dismayed: for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9.

Since the start of this year, I asked Him what His plans are for me. I am on this new journey with renewed spirit. But I need to be guided accordingly.

In the past, I did lean on my own understanding. I do things thinking it’s His way, but I know now that it wasn’t. Today, I got great news about a chance to restart again a passion. It started two years ago and I did prayed for it. I really thought He said ‘Yes’ but it turned out that I got very hurt at the end. Somewhere along the way, I have misunderstood something. Somewhere along the way, I leap into thinking that it’s His Way. Somewhere along the way, I got blinded.

Now, how can I really know this time He is saying ‘YES’ and GO this time? Is He telling me something else? I would really love to hear your thoughts …. Thank you.

Edited by beautifulmarilou

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

I ask this question for years now. Although, I placed in my heart of His promise “Have not I commanded you? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be you dismayed: for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9.

Since the start of this year, I asked Him what His plans are for me. I am on this new journey with renewed spirit. But I need to be guided accordingly.

In the past, I did lean on my own understanding. I do things thinking it’s His way, but I know now that it wasn’t. Today, I got great news about a chance to restart again a passion. It started two years ago and I did prayed for it. I really thought He said ‘Yes’ but it turned out that I got very hurt at the end. Somewhere along the way, I have misunderstood something. Somewhere along the way, I leap into thinking that it’s His Way. Somewhere along the way, I got blinded.

Now, how can I really know this time He is saying ‘YES’ and GO this time? Is He telling me something else? I would really love to hear your thoughts …. Thank you.

I can relate, Marilou, once I thought that I was called to preach, so I did preach in a "Black" church and loaded my back seat with books, but I have no real evidence that I was suppose to be a Pastor, even though at my birth my Aunt said that I am going to be a preacher.

Let peace guide you and if you are compelled to do a thing right now and can't wait it may not be his will or his timing.

I wish that I could help you more, maybe others can.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/02/1984

Make sure the ins and out of this are in accordance with God's will. I have issues with this too and I was shown that if even one thing is out of accordance with the Word, it wasn't the right thing to do. It is a really tough battle. God bless you.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

He will close the doors if He does not want you to go there.Sometimes I get angry at some of the plans that I think I have for myself.It just does not work out.Then I have to sit back and say "Lord,you did not want this for me".He will usually open a window if he closes a door.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well, just because the outcome wasn't what you expected doesn't mean the Lord didn't mean for you to head that way. There may have been purposes gained that you are not able to see right now. I see this in Scripture, and I've experienced and heard about this in testimonies. So don't be discouraged, ok?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  10/19/1974

Many people do not ask this question, they just put their words in God's lips, or just apply Paul's words to themselves saying - that is us. Are they getting blessed? They say yes.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

God works in very different ways than our own.

• Group:  Members

Thank you, Fresno Joe. Thank you so much for sharing the link, it just hit the not only my heart but my spirit. Thank you, Ronnie, He definitely gave me the peace when the going was got tough. Thank you, thehopefulcry2… at the end, God gave me the right heart and spirit to tackle of the mistakes that was replaying right before my eyes. Thank you, bopeep1909…I guess, God knows I won’t fit in the window….lol …so, He is making me see a bigger door to be sure that I get through there. Thank you, nebula and you are right, the outcome wasn’t what I have expected. But I have to admit, it was really quite confusing. The signs must be understood with the right spirit of wisdom. All I know now is that I am not strong. I can only go through with God on my side. I have learned that in everything I do, I just have to ask myself this question before anything else, does it Glorify His Name or me? Again, thank you all for being the instrument of God.

• Group:  Members

Oh, I guess, He said No to my birthday wish today. My siblings won't allow my parents to live with me :-(