IGNORED

Is It Time For Biblical Conservatives To Quit?

Tinky

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

To quit would mean no longer believing in Jesus and the power of His resurrection, as far as I am concerned.

When we believe in the truth of the Gospel there is no giving up. God has left prophecy for us and we know what

is ultimately coming, but that does not excuse us and say to us that we can give up.

I agree 100%

We should not be discouraged but keep pushing forward as God would want us to, to fight the good fight, for what we stand for in Him.

Secondly, we still have to stand against this, we need to be transformed in the LORD, not of this world, though things may seem "unchanging" for the good, It is unfolding prophecy!

Count it all good, God is with us no matter what. And wants us to be courageou!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/23/1971

This is exactly what satan wants - us to quit..............I will never quit being a Christian. We can not fall into this evil world.

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. Romans 12:1-2

As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, 1 Peter 1:14

Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience. Romans 13:1-5

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever. 1 John 2:15-17

You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. James 4:4

2 Timothy 2

4 No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

Polls don't determine what I consider to be right or wrong. That honor goes to the Holy Bible, and I will never throw in the towel. I refuse to call evil good.

We are not fighting anymore to win the battle. The battle is already lost. The country is in steep and accelerated moral and spiritual decline, and it is not going to recover, no matter how much all of us hope and pray it will. All we can do now is try and save as many people as we can before the ship goes down. That does not mean we give up. We ry even harder to do that which we know is right, if only as an example to others.

This is something that I wonder if our so called "Christian leaders" (or what ever you call them) have forgotten. The only way the culture, any culture, will change is by changing hearts. Only Christ can change a heart. So, why aren't they preaching the gospel and training the converts instead of reading political polls?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  2

Great OP Tinky.

The fact is that we have seen the same sort of spirit that existed at Sodom, get out of our way or we will treat you worse.

The UK Government and the UK media used YouGov polls which asked should there be gay marriage and 56% said yes and 38% no. An equivalent ComRes poll asked should marriage continue to be just one man and one woman and 53% said yes, 36% no. So it does depend on the question asked.

So it isnt surprising then that most people have been deceived, and people have been loosing their jobs for speaking out against same sex relationships. For example a government advisor on drug policies was dismissed when the lgbt actvists complained about his views on homosexuality, a propsective candidate for the UK Conservative party was dropped a when lgbt activists complained about his perosnal views against homosexuality. Remarkable enough when most of his party agree with him and at least a third of the populartion. What sort of freedom of speech, democracy or representation is that?

And on top of it all, with all the outrage against Jimmy Saville and the RC priests paedophilia, amazingly the UK's leading lgbt activist who wrote to the Guardian newspaper in 2009 about what he saw as positive aspects of some adult-child sex (with children as young as 9), has not diappeared from the debate but driving it so activily that he claimed the PM is using some of his stuff in his speeches.

Now another ComRes poll amongst the gay community showed they arent that bothered about gay marriage anyway. So this is a secular liberal and lgbt activist evil on the back of homsoexuality.

But the battle is far from over. Like the UK Poll tax the western secular liberal 'democracies' will soon find they cant force everyone to agree.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

I don't care about gay people. Their pain and struggle means nothing to me

Are you a Christian? If so, does the pain and struggle of people trapped in sins other than homosexuality mean anything to you?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

When you tell someone their house is afire and their response is to give you the middle finger (figuratively speaking), I can understand Dry Well's statement. Christians have over the years explained and explained to so many homosexuals that their way leads to death, and by and large, the response has been "Bleep you, bleep your non-existent fairy-tale God, we will do whatever we like." Even Jesus said that their were some people whom we should simply brush the dirt from our sandals and go on our way. (Matt 10:14) So it is with militant homosexuals and others like them.

What I want to know is: What 'pain and struggle' was Dry Well referring to? Militant homosexuals (as a prime example) don't struggle. They revel in their evil. They call it progressive and right, like the Sodomites of old, they are content in what they do.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I can certainly see why we may feel like we should quit. But we can't. The reason why is something said in the NT. I don't recall whether Jesus said it or the apostles, but it doesn't matter. It still holds true. The statement was something like this. Don't ever allow yourselves to grow tired of doing what's good and right. And that's it in a nutshell.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Is It Time For Biblical Conservatives To Quit?

It is high time for biblical conservatives to quit looking for an unbiblical, political savior and get back to the Bible.

We are salt without savor. A majority of Americans now approve of homosexual 'marriage.' Many are Christians who think that it is the 'loving' thing to do.

Most people are so deluded by the spirit of our times they know not the biblical bounds of love, etc.

The walls lay in ruins. We can whine or role up our sleeves and make disciples of our friends and neighbors who walk in confusion.

http://textsincontext.wordpress.com/2012/11/11/love-prayer-and-forgiveness-now-also-in-ebook-format/