2ndRateMind

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

...and in that instance, not only are things going to get worse, but there will be nothing we can do, or make of it- whether it be to prevent it or enable for it to happen...

And this is a counsel of despair. I cannot think that this is the spirit of the faith. You may think that there is nothing to be done, and that God will reward the faithful despite their inaction, but I think you are taking an unnecessary risk.

Despair? Pessimism? Or simply what God has stated will happen? It's predicted things will get worse in the book of Revelation. Do you not think that what God has predicted will not occur (and to some extent things are already getting worse)? Or that the Anti-Christ will come? Curious.

God bless,

GE

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

And this is a counsel of despair. I cannot think that this is the spirit of the faith. You may think that there is nothing to be done, and that God will reward the faithful despite their inaction, but I think you are taking an unnecessary risk.

cheers, eco

I see some fancy footwork going on in your statements but no commitment to Christ. It is not I who am taking an unnecessary risk here.

Using Christianity to get funds for cleaning the planet is a clever ruse, but God sees the heart.

Actually we do not miss the fact that your arguments are more in favor of the eco system than it is for God.

I am of the opinion that you need to seek first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness! Why, because it comes with a promise.

Matthew 6

32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Psalm 37:4

Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

It would appear that in the general way of the world , you are seeking from your point of view, not His.

1. Proverbs 14:12
    There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
  2. Proverbs 16:25
    There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

But we have a saviour, so we can do it. We don't have to wait for Him to come again, just get on with it.

So, what you are saying is mankind is it's own savior, and we don't need Jesus?

No, I mean that Jesus, when He invades our psychologies via the Holy Spirit, turns our lives upside down and inside out. The things that were important to us, such as worldly success and trophy wives and a new SUV every year fade into insignificance. The things that weren't important to us, such as our own misdeeds, and each others well-being, become vital. But having done that for us, I don't see what else Jesus needs to do. He gives us the right attitude - we still need to turn that attitude into good works.

Edited by ecoTramp

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

But we have a saviour, so we can do it. We don't have to wait for Him to come again, just get on with it.

No, I mean that Jesus, when He invades our psychologies via the Holy Spirit, turns our lives upside down and inside out. The things that were important to us, such as worldly success and trophy wives and a new SUV every year fade into insignificance. The things that weren't important to us, such as our own misdeeds, and each others well-being, become vital. But having done that for us, I don't see what else Jesus needs to do. He gives us the right attitude - we still need to turn that attitude into good works.

But in your web site you do not mention Jesus, your status as a believer, or your Christian motives for collecting money.

We need to be lights on the hill, and that equates to telling people what we believe, what the desires of our hearts are. And yet I don't see this on your website or here on Worthy. You have alluded to an "alternative". As long as you understand that there is no alternative to scripture, or Jesus.

Why are you so reluctant to state your alternative? If it is a "good work", you should have no fear in telling the world? You have the means at your disposal. The bible and your web site.

Let's hear it.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

Fez, his interests are stated on the left hand side of this board, with each post he makes.

It appears he is exercising those interests here, on us.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I believe that we are to allow Him to do His works through us, as set forth in scripture. I see this in Ephesians 2:10 "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What do you believe God incarnated Himself just to be crucified and then rise from the dead?

Here is what Scripture states:

20 But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep. 21 For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in his own order : Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ's at His coming, 24 then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be abolished is death. 27 For HE HAS PUT ALL THINGS IN SUBJECTION UNDER HIS FEET. But when He says, "All things are put in subjection," it is evident that He is excepted who put all things in subjection to Him. 28 When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all. (1 Cor 15)

But what did Jesus say before He ascended into Heaven?

18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always , even to the end of the age." (Matt. 28)

Now, can you show me one Scripture that states God expects us to save the world?

But in your web site you do not mention Jesus, your status as a believer, or your Christian motives for collecting money.

Indeed I don't. On this side of the Atlantic we tend to be a little suspicious of overt religion. I fear I would lose the interest of many good, but unbelieving, people, were I to state my Christianity openly on the EcoTramp website.

Why are you so reluctant to state your alternative? If it is a "good work", you should have no fear in telling the world? You have the means at your disposal. The bible and your web site.

Let's hear it.

Yet, you have set my thoughts running. There is no reason why I shouldn't set up another site expressing my unorthodox melding of philosophy and Christianity. And I would have more space, on such a site, to elaborate, explain and illustrate, than I would here. So I may well do that. It would make an interesting project.

cheers, eco.

Edited by ecoTramp

What do you believe God incarnated Himself just to be crucified and then rise from the dead?

I don't see that there is any 'just' about it. More even than His teaching, Jesus has set us the loving example of perfect sacrifice. But it is up to us to emulate that way of sacrifice to the best of our abilities, as far as our circumstances allow, and our disposition will let us.

Now, can you show me one Scripture that states God expects us to save the world?

If we all allow God to work through us, each of us, I can't get how we can avoid saving the world.

cheers, eco.

Edited by ecoTramp

No, I mean that Jesus, when He invades our psychologies via the Holy Spirit, turns our lives upside down and inside out. The things that were important to us, such as worldly success and trophy wives and a new SUV every year fade into insignificance. The things that weren't important to us, such as our own misdeeds, and each others well-being, become vital. But having done that for us, I don't see what else Jesus needs to do. He gives us the right attitude - we still need to turn that attitude into good works....

Walking The False Paths Of Psychology And Gnosticism Can Over Time, Cause The True Christ

The Christ Of The Bible To Fade Into Insignificance

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. Colossians 2:6-9

And The Cure For Psychology And Such Is A Liberal Dose Of God's Words

Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. Matthew 10:32-38

Honestly Applied To Heart And Soul

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. John 3:7

With The Simple Trust

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

Of A Child

Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Mark 6:31-33

You See

After this manner therefore pray ye:

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:

For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. Mark 6:9-13

~

Believe

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:8-10

And Be Blessed Beloved

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain. Philippians 2:12-16

Love, Joe