IGNORED

So men and make-up....

How do I know he has a twisted mind? Because if he's a man and went to all that trouble to look like a woman, but then was offended when he was referred to as a woman, that's twisted.

There are several possibilities here, as to why he was made up to look female. But since he was made up to look female, why get angry when referred to as female?

How do you know what his intentions were?

I know guys with long hair that resemble females. Are their minds twisted too?

Did you read my previous posts? What is righteous judgment to you? How do you know if I am using righteous judgment especially since you were not present at the time of the incident and actually do not know anything except for what I have told you? You think I am poorly judging and I think you are too...

You said the guy wore make-up and had a twisted mind because of that.

I like this analysis of the scripture you have chosen:

There is a place for righteous judgment. When Christians persist in sin, they are to be judged by their fellow Christians, as Paul explained to the Corinthians: "I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. Yet I certainly did not mean the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner -- not even to eat with such a person. For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? But those who are outside God judges. Therefore 'put away from yourselves that wicked person'" (1 Corinthians 5:9-13).

"But we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you withdraw from every brother who walks disorderly and not according to the tradition which he received from us" (2 Thessalonians 3:6).

I wasn't aware that this individual was a christian. I must have missed that post. My bad.

The problem with judging is that it is necessary to understand what is right and wrong. The problem comes when we actually hurt another person such as the wealthy who would not help the poor because of their own hypocrisy and incorrect judgment. But, in this situation, like I have many times before I do not believe it is wrong to state that the action of the man are wrong. But like I said before I will simply continue to pray for the guy and keep going. Another thing with appearances is that they often do help in understanding whether or not to commune with the person. Though they should not be relied on they do help. And whether you think his dress is appropriate or not that is your opinion and I do not have to share.

Can you please provide scripture that states we are to stay away from certain individuals because of their looks.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  460
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1990

Did you read my previous posts? What is righteous judgment to you? How do you know if I am using righteous judgment especially since you were not present at the time of the incident and actually do not know anything except for what I have told you? You think I am poorly judging and I think you are too...

You said the guy wore make-up and had a twisted mind because of that.

I like this analysis of the scripture you have chosen:

There is a place for righteous judgment. When Christians persist in sin, they are to be judged by their fellow Christians, as Paul explained to the Corinthians: "I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. Yet I certainly did not mean the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner -- not even to eat with such a person. For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? But those who are outside God judges. Therefore 'put away from yourselves that wicked person'" (1 Corinthians 5:9-13).

"But we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you withdraw from every brother who walks disorderly and not according to the tradition which he received from us" (2 Thessalonians 3:6).

I wasn't aware that this individual was a christian. I must have missed that post. My bad.

The problem with judging is that it is necessary to understand what is right and wrong. The problem comes when we actually hurt another person such as the wealthy who would not help the poor because of their own hypocrisy and incorrect judgment. But, in this situation, like I have many times before I do not believe it is wrong to state that the action of the man are wrong. But like I said before I will simply continue to pray for the guy and keep going. Another thing with appearances is that they often do help in understanding whether or not to commune with the person. Though they should not be relied on they do help. And whether you think his dress is appropriate or not that is your opinion and I do not have to share.

Can you please provide scripture that states we are to stay away from certain individuals because of their looks.

1. Twisted by definition means something that is bent or turned into a different shape. A guy who wears colorful make-up and looks like a drag queen is different from normal. Drag queens themselves label themselves a different gender. I don't know what this guy was doing and that eludes me but I can still make a stance that it is wrong.

2. Can you provide scripture stating that men wearing colorful make-up that is the same as a woman is not effeminate?

I actually don't know what we are arguing about anymore. I don't know if you are angry because we called the guy wrong or if you think naming anything wrong based on clothing is just judgmental. I really don't know the point of the discussion anymore. Mostly because it seems like it is just going personal and simply attacking beliefs. At the end of the day no one was hurt or is hurt by the comments in this forum. The guy is not hurt and you are not hurt.

Any way I am pretty much done with this question. It has been beaten to death honestly and it keeps getting more and more personal/emotional which was not the point of the post. So you can reply if you want but honestly I'm still gonna stick to my guns and you can do whatever you want.

1. Twisted by definition means something that is bent or turned into a different shape. A guy who wears colorful make-up and looks like a drag queen is different from normal. Drag queens themselves label themselves a different gender. I don't know what this guy was doing and that eludes me but I can still make a stance that it is wrong.

If you don't know the individuals motives, how can you label him "twisted"? He can't be labeled a drag queen because he got offended when you refered to him as a woman. How can you not see that?

2. Can you provide scripture stating that men wearing colorful make-up that is the same as a woman is not effeminate?

:bored-1:

I actually don't know what we are arguing about anymore.

I'm not arguing with you. I'm trying to show you something. God states we are not to judge according to appearance. If you don't agree with that, then your argument is with God, not me.

There's no need to get upset.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I agree with man on this.

My understanding of scripture is found in james 2 and john 7:24.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

I don't believe men should wear make-up except in the case of physical deformity, if they wish.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Yeah well Real Men never did used to wear make up.

But that's the confusing part of all this. If he was made up to look female then why did he get angry when the OP referred to him as a Ma'am. It doesn't make sense. I guess it's just another one of those things we'll never know for sure.

But he does need prayer, because he has a very twisted mind.

How do you know that?

Just curious.

How do you know what he looked like? Please google "men in drag make-up"

It doesn't matter what he looked like.

Jesus said, "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment." ....... John 7:24

Actually, it does matter what he looked like. Revolutionist90 got caught in an embarrassing situation because of how this guy mad himself look, and he's been trying to process that.

And I still stand by the claim that anyone - man or woman - who covers their face with that kind of (bright colors) and that much make-up is trying to hide (seriously, the person is in essence painting a mask on their face).

So yes, his mind is twisted - but "twisted" doesn't have to be a derogatory term. I've had a chronic depression problem my whole life; if someone pointed out that my mind is twisted, I would have to agree with them.

Something is wrong inside a person to want to hide their true face like that.

It doesn't matter what he looked like.

Jesus said, "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment." ....... John 7:24

Actually, it does matter what he looked like. Revolutionist90 got caught in an embarrassing situation because of how this guy mad himself look, and he's been trying to process that.

So embarrassment is a justifiable reason to change or ignore scripture?

And I still stand by the claim that anyone - man or woman - who covers their face with that kind of (bright colors) and that much make-up is trying to hide (seriously, the person is in essence painting a mask on their face).

Can't argue with this. Make-up alters facial appearance. If it didn't, people wouldn't use it.

So yes, his mind is twisted - but "twisted" doesn't have to be a derogatory term. I've had a chronic depression problem my whole life; if someone pointed out that my mind is twisted, I would have to agree with them.

Semantics.

Something is wrong inside a person to want to hide their true face like that.

With the exception of children, every woman I know has something wrong inside them because

they all wear makeup. Every man that has facial hair has a twisted mind because beards and

mustaches hide their true face. Even people who wear glasses, according to your line of thinking,

have a twisted mind because glasses do alter the appearance of the face.

Interesting thought process, but I don't believe it trumps scripture.

Do not judge according to appearance.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1957

Let's get some balance and perspective here...just to try it....

Well, we have a dude working at Wal-Mart who is made up to resemble a woman...complete with something resembling mammary glands...to the point that the OP is confused as to gender initially..(and I'm going to assume that the OP knows the difference between a man and a woman)..who then gets in a snit after being addressed in the feminine form.

It's not "Fat Tuesday", Halloween is months away, and unless I miss my guess...all the other cashiers look like cashiers. I mean, come on...this guy's at work.

And we want to get wrapped around the axle because someone in the thread says the guy's "twisted"???

The phrase about not "judging according to appearance" needs to be balanced by what we are told in 1 Corinthians 2:14-16:

But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ. (emphasis mine).

1 Corinthians 6:1-3: Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unrighteous, and not before the saints? Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life?

Now I'm not in the habit of trying to pick apples from an orange tree...because God has given to us a brain and common sense, bolstered by His presence in the person of the Holy Spirit...and yes, the guy in question has some problems...and needs the gospel IMO.

I see a guy giggling while pulling wings off of flies for example, I'm going to think that this guy has "got a wheel run off'n the axle". That is an observation of an abnormal action, i.e. I am making a judgment that there is something amiss.

If (going back to the OP) the guy didn't want to be identified as female...don't dress like one. Bottom line. That's a observation, not a "judgment".

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

These days, goth men wear make up, but don't want to be seen as women.