The Mark

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  6

Beasts mark their territory with bowel movements and claws while society does the same thing with industry and laws.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

Put me in the minority group. I think it's a spiritual mark.

How do you explain it's use in the buying and selling of goods?

That is a good question.How would a spiritual mark pertain to the "buying a selling of goods?" :confused:

Everyone is so hung up on the "buying and selling".

If you're a christian and a death warrant has been put out on you, can you really see yourself attempting to do business with those who are trying to kill you?

If you're a christian and a death warrant has been put out on you, can you really see yourself attempting to do business with those who are trying to kill you?

Buying and selling would include buying food and drink.Without that we would be dead anyway.

Buying and selling would include buying food and drink.Without that we would be dead anyway.

I don't know if you know this or not, but God's on our side.

Matthew 6

31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’

32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.

33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Matthew 6

31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’

32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.

33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

You have a different view of the end times than I do so to debate you on this issue is not productive.

Matthew 6

You have a different view of the end times than I do so to debate you on this issue is not productive.

Do you believe God is going to abandon His children during the "end times"?

Matthew 6

Some like to debate to try and get others to see that their view is the only view.No thanks Man.That is not the way I work.But I am sure that others on this board will be happy to oblige you.

Some like to debate to try and get others to see that their view is the only view.No thanks Man.That is not the way I work.But I am sure that others on this board will be happy to oblige you.

Whether you hold my view or not is really not that important to me. Because who's to say I'm right? I asked you a simple question and your reluctance to answer is actually an answer in itself. Believing that God will abandon His children in a time of crisis is not scriptural.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Forehead and forearm / beliefs and works.

I find it difficult to put in words how I understand this working, and it is best done via illustration. But know that I am not saying these illustrations are how it will happen, just that they illustrate the principle underneath it.

Let's say that the only place in town that sells food is a supermarket owned by the government. In order to buy food there, you must first pledge allegiance to this world wide government leader, bow down to a statue of him, and sign a contract that states he is god.

A christian, because of his beliefs and how his beliefs influence his actions, can never ever do this.

This already occurs in much more subtle ways. Think about star bucks supporting gay marriage and how there was an initial little flourish of christians avoiding their stores. In the opposite way, chick fil a and how non believers avoided them.

I can easily see how the persecution would get so bad that you'd need to violate your core beliefs in order to be able to buy and sell, without a chip implanted under your skin.

Remember folks, this was written before technology, so I'm a bit amiss about why people are so set on it being modern technology. I think it stems from imminence theology (which I reject) and people thinking they will be the last generation. That is, a habit of people to read end times into current events rather hastily.