The Mark

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Whether a literal mark is placed on the forehead or hand would really be inconsequential, the crux of the matter is what stands behind it.

The antiChrist spirit has existed from the beginning, is now and is coming to temporal power. Scripture say that the Holy Spirit is to lead the church but due to our fallen nature we like to put our hands on the wheel. This has been an issue throughout man’s history. God does a little work among man and straight away someone will pick up the banner and try to lead a procession, put a name to it and lay down some rules as to how we can be a part of this 'Godly move'.

Now that we are a global community and the mechanics are available this man driven machine will have the ability to rule uncontested.

To stand in allegiance to and labour therein is taking the mark in the mind and on the hand.

Read some posts on taking a mark.

Is there support in the community for this - or did I not read far enough?

To stand in allegiance to and labour therein is taking the mark in the mind and on the hand.

A spiritual mark. :thumbsup:

I believe, but not many others do.

Guest ninhao

A spiritual mark. :thumbsup:

I believe, but not many others do.

Include me in the few :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,221
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Well I would have to disagree.... words mean things and that word used here means a mark or scratch, but it really doesn't matter for if you won't worship the first beast they will kill you instead of giving you a mark so you can buy and sell.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

My take is that the mark has to be more than a credit card or bar code, because that does not explain why such marks you for damnation.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

The mark has to be identifiable enough to be able to stop someone from buying or selling if they don't have it. When scripture says it is on the hand or forehead, I believe this is where it will be.

Guest ninhao

I find an interesting parallel here.

Deu 6:5-8 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. (6) And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: (7) And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. (8) And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.

The Jews did ( and sometimes still ) literally hang laws ( phylacteries? ) from their hands and place them between their eyes but it is most likely God meant they should keep His words in thought and actions.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,297
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It is a realism in time... if after a certain point in tribulation your still alive it will either be because you took the mark or

God is superseding for your continuance of physical life! God's drawn a line in the sand in the system of the earth

1 John 2:15-17

15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world — the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life — is not of the Father

but is of the world. 17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.

NKJV

Love, Steven

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

It is a realism in time... if after a certain point in tribulation your still alive it will either be because you took the mark or

God is superseding for your continuance of physical life! God's drawn a line in the sand in the system of the earth

1 John 2:15-17

15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world — the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life — is not of the Father

but is of the world. 17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.

NKJV

Love, Steven

Yes, as He has always done, He will protect His own. This is my personal belief I have found in His word.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

I believe it will be a physical thing, to prevent someone from buying or selling this seems more practical. I mean considering at many establishments now you're lucky if the cashier acknowledges you, and without a physical mark they would kinda have to. And not just acknowledge you, but basically ask about your religious affiliation, I just don't see that happening.