• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

http://www.foxnews.c...rtilizer-plant/

DEVELOPING: Two large explosions at a fertilizer plant in Texas caused numerous injuries and sent flames shooting high into the night sky on Wednesday, authorities say.

Department of Public Safety troopers were using their squad cars to transport those injured by the blast and fire at the plant in West, a community north of Waco, Gayle Scarbrough, a spokeswoman for the department's Waco office, told television station KWTX. She said six helicopters were also en route to help out.

American Red Cross crews from across Texas are being sent to the site.Red Cross spokeswoman Anita Foster says her group is working with emergency management officials to find a safe shelter for residents displaced from their homes.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/06/1949

prayed

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

That's 2 explosions today-- Texas, Oklahoma.

Oklahoma-- http://www.okcfox.co...vid_10717.shtml

Texas is being treated as crime scene.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

You have a link for that? Because AP news (dated 9 minutes ago) is saying:

There was no indication the blast, which sent up a mushroom-shaped plume of smoke and left behind a crater, was anything other than an industrial accident, he said.

Guest LadyC

i can't find a single place in my city taking donations for the victims of west :(

gold dust, i think you're confusing terms... texas isn't being treated as a crime scene. the town of west, texas, IS being treated as a disaster scene. and rightfully so, because that's what it is.

the explosion occurred about 8pm last night. it was felt as far away as dallas and arlington... that's the nature of an explosion involving fertilizer. this wasn't criminal, it wasn't terrorist activity, it was an accident.

last night the local news was so saturated with coverage i never did get to see a full weather report. i watched the 9pm news, and the 10pm news. i finally turned it off and checked the computer at 10:25 to find out what time the storm would be rolling in.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

i can't find a single place in my city taking donations for the victims of west :(

gold dust, i think you're confusing terms... texas isn't being treated as a crime scene. the town of west, texas, IS being treated as a disaster scene. and rightfully so, because that's what it is.

the explosion occurred about 8pm last night. it was felt as far away as dallas and arlington... that's the nature of an explosion involving fertilizer. this wasn't criminal, it wasn't terrorist activity, it was an accident.

last night the local news was so saturated with coverage i never did get to see a full weather report. i watched the 9pm news, and the 10pm news. i finally turned it off and checked the computer at 10:25 to find out what time the storm would be rolling in.

Contact the local tv station and tell them that. Go to your local bank and ask them to set up something. Contact the red cross and see if they are taking donations specifically for that event.

Guest LadyC

red cross is only taking financial donations... same for salvation army. easier to send money than to transport actual items. i did post a request for donation drop-off locations on the fox 4 news page on facebook. (they've been updating locations that they learn of via facebook all morning.)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

You have a link for that? Because AP news (dated 9 minutes ago) is saying:

There was no indication the blast, which sent up a mushroom-shaped plume of smoke and left behind a crater, was anything other than an industrial accident, he said.

They are designating the area around that plant as a crime scene right now but the authorities believe it is actually an awful accident. See here:

http://www.wsmv.com/story/22007911/deadly-texas-plant-explosion-being-treated-as-crime-scene

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Praying for the victims and their families!