• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Greetings Everyone,

I know many of you here know the Bible much better than me. So I'd like to know if anyone knows what sin John is referring to here? Forgive me for not explaining why I'm asking this. Just know that I do have a very good reason.

1 John 5:16

If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  365
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  6

Mark 3:29 "But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:"

The Spirit Speaks

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: John 15:26

Sinners Take A Walk

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

And Hell Opens Her Mouth

Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it. Isaiah 5:14

And Yet The Spirit Calls, Come Sinner Come

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:16-17

~

Oh, my brothers and sisters in Christ, if sinners will be damned, at least let them leap to hell over our bodies; and if they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees, imploring them to stay, and not madly to destroy themselves. If hell must be filled, at least let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go there unwarned and unprayed for. ~ Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Guest shiloh357

Greetings Everyone,

I know many of you here know the Bible much better than me. So I'd like to know if anyone knows what sin John is referring to here? Forgive me for not explaining why I'm asking this. Just know that I do have a very good reason.

If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that.

I don't thnk he has “kinds of sinning” in mind. Rather, it is degrees of rootedness, and degrees of persistence. Think of Esau from Hebrews 12: 16-17 where Esau sinned against God’s benefits so relentlessly that God stopped dealing with him

Remember your creator in the days of your youth because if you relentlessly pursue sin, you may thjnking that you will repent another day, you will find that your heart will get harder and harder and will become so seared and deaf to the voice of God that you are unable to repent. Just like Esau who sought repentance with tears but couldn’t find it. It is a frightening thing to think that one has lived their whole life thinking that after he/she has sowed his/her wild oats that one will then seek repentance in the end, but find one's self powerless because there is sin unto death and one doesn't know when he/she crossed that line and God is done with him/her and He isn’t going to reel him/her in again. It is possible to become so in love with sin, you couldn’t repent if 10,000 horses pulled on your heart.

In short, the sin unto death is the persistent and inpenitent rejection of Jesus.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Greetings Everyone,

When you take one verse without understanding what it means, you are taking it out of context. For one thing, all flesh will perish in this age because of the veil (sin nature) in the flesh that keeps man from the knowledge of God. All sinners are liars and this is the flesh, not the spiritual creation of man, that man was placed in to use during this first age.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1957

Greetings Everyone,

I don't thnk he has “kinds of sinning” in mind. Rather, it is degrees of rootedness, and degrees of persistence. Think of Esau from Hebrews 12: 16-17 where Esau sinned against God’s benefits so relentlessly that God stopped dealing with him

Remember your creator in the days of your youth because if you relentlessly pursue sin, you may thjnking that you will repent another day, you will find that your heart will get harder and harder and will become so seared and deaf to the voice of God that you are unable to repent. Just like Esau who sought repentance with tears but couldn’t find it. It is a frightening thing to think that one has lived their whole life thinking that after he/she has sowed his/her wild oats that one will then seek repentance in the end, but find one's self powerless because there is sin unto death and one doesn't know when he/she crossed that line and God is done with him/her and He isn’t going to reel him/her in again. It is possible to become so in love with sin, you couldn’t repent if 10,000 horses pulled on your heart.

In short, the sin unto death is the persistent and inpenitent rejection of Jesus.

Fully Agree...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Yes,rejecting the Lord is the unforgiveable sin.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Greetings Everyone,

A sinner who tries to obey the commandments of God is a liar. Only His true saints were made to obey Him during this age but they also started out as sinners until God changed their flesh to stop their desires of this world.

1 John 2:

3: And by this we may be sure that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

4: He who says "I know him" but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

1 John 3:

6: No one who abides in him sins; no one who sins has either seen him or known him.

9: No one born of God commits sin; for God's nature abides in him, and he cannot sin because he is born of God.

Only the true saints are born of God. Sinners don't know who they are.

Guest shiloh357

Greetings Everyone,

A sinner who tries to obey the commandments of God is a liar. Only His true saints were made to obey Him during this age but they also started out as sinners until God changed their flesh to stop their desires of this world.

1 John 2:

3: And by this we may be sure that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

4: He who says "I know him" but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

1 John 3:

6: No one who abides in him sins; no one who sins has either seen him or known him.

9: No one born of God commits sin; for God's nature abides in him, and he cannot sin because he is born of God.

Only the true saints are born of God. Sinners don't know who they are.

I don't really see how that applies to my comments above. I am not talking about sinners trying to keep the commandments of God. I am talking about those who die in their persistent rejection of Jesus. There are people who hear the truth, but reject it and die rejecting it.

In some cases, I have met people who mentally assent to the truth, but are irretrievably lost because they love their sin more than they love the truth. I have personally witnessed to such people. They agree that Jesus is who he says He is, but they reject Him anyway. Their hearts are so hardened, they cannot and will not repent.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I guess I'm going to have to explain this some more because I think some of you think I'm talking about me. I'm not talking about me. I'm talking about a relative who was born to my mother's sister 3 months after me. Me and this guy were lucky in the sense that our Mother's had to spend 3 years living in a Catholic convent as children, before their parents could bring them into America. They lived with the nuns and the priests in Italy during the late 1920's. Consequentially we were all taught who Jesus is and what He did for us from when we could speak. This is why I say I always belonged to Jesus. He was always with me, even before I knew Him as an adult. And the same should have been true of my cousin.

But when we reached 30 years of age, and I made my formal declaration of Jesus, my cousin was getting involved in new age spiritualism. Even though it wasn't called that back then. Back then it was still called witchcraft. And in truth there is a history of witchcraft in his Father's side of the family.

If I talk or write too much about this, the evil thing with my cousin usually attacks me and makes bad things happen. That's why I'm being so vague.

I've given up this cousin more than once, but he's trying to get back into my life again. I will never ever believe the things he does. It's a lot like when satan tried to tempt Jesus in the desert. Satan didn't stand a chance against Jesus. Jesus knew exactly who He was and where He came from. And I know exactly who Jesus is and I've known all my life.

Based on our scriptures, I don't think I should even try to pray for this cousin because he wants what he has. He doesn't want Jesus. He laughs at me because I believe in Jesus and the scriptures.

It breaks my heart, but I think he has committed the unforgivable sin, and I need to never see him, nor speak to him nor write to him again. He thinks I'm a fool, and he's always trying to twist the words of the Bible to mean what he believes. And as we all know, Satan is very good at adding a little truth to his lies. But we who are the elect can never be tricked. Our God has provided us with that.

Thoughts?