IGNORED

How will we recognize the two witnesses in Rev 11 ?

Petra-Psalm118:8

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

How you get fire from prayer I'm not sure. Now we know as Christians that the bible is our only offensive weapon, often symbolized by a sword, but prayer as fire?

The idea is the Omnipotent God you are praying to, do you think he can't send fire as he did for Elijah and consume the men sent by Ahab. :)

Of course He can, but that is not what the passage says. If the fire came from heaven I suspect that's what John would have said.

the fire ,is just the parable," in the fire from their mouths"means they can perform the Godly miracle through the word from their mouth,like JESUS perform the Godlymiracle through the word,and also like what some OT Prophets did,remember what Moses,Elijah,Elisha had done?

This isn't a parable, John is relaying a vision. It states in the passage about the miracles they can perform, the reference to the fire from their mouths is in regards to defense from anyone who tries to harm them. It also specifically states that anyone must die that way.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

If the fire came from heaven I suspect that's what John would have said.

Say it came out of the sky, we know who sent it, brother.

If the fire came from heaven I suspect that's what John would have said.

Say it came out of the sky, we know who sent it, brother.

According to the passage, the two witnesses. Clearly they are empowered with the ability to do these things, it's not vague.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

The two witnesses...fire from their mouths...I think it odd that as Christians, we believe in the Holy Spirit, we believe that Gods miracles of the old testament happened, yet prophecies for the end times are viewed as symbolic...as if supernatural acts performed by God will or cannot happen in our day...or in the last days. I'd be less inclined to believe fire from heaven came from God given the advanced technology of the space weapons program...just a thought...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

The two witnesses...fire from their mouths...I think it odd that as Christians, we believe in the Holy Spirit, we believe that Gods miracles of the old testament happened, yet prophecies for the end times are viewed as symbolic...as if supernatural acts performed by God will or cannot happen in our day...or in the last days. I'd be less inclined to believe fire from heaven came from God given the advanced technology of the space weapons program...just a thought...

God doesn't need technology to acomblish his will, he's God. :)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

God doesn't need technology to acomblish his will, he's God. :)

Of course He doesn't...LOL... :) He didn't design the space weapons program. Man did...along with many other earth destructive devices. When God reveals His power, all people will know who is behind it, and His people, the elect, will be swept away...gone, safe, saved and spared this wrath. Man, those who have provoked Gods wrath, that day of sudden destruction will fall and the chance for salvation will be gone.