tsth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

You might go back to Galatians 5 with regard to your questions, jackie. The whole chapter is very distinct.

Galatians 5:7

You were running a good race. Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the truth?

Heb 12:1

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

Even when we have sinned? Or strayed from home for a time?

not in dispute of the verses you posted at all....but what about these two questions? Not that I want to sin, but it happens and I am someone who can easily condemn myself and continue to beat myself for the wrongs I've done. When I am doing this I am not enduring but taking the forgiveness that Christ says is freely mine and holding onto my wrongs as weapons against myself.

So I have to ask, isn't part of endurance to go to Christ with our sins, laying them at His feet, accepting His forgiveness and not allowing the enemy (myself or satan) to take this from me. Isn't part of enduring to stand firm in the faith of believing that Christ has forgiven me and moving forward in spite of what I have been or done? :emot-hug:

Yes, but the enemy can also kid you into thinking that is acceptable to keep doing the same sin over and over again, without regard to what God's Word says. Who are you going to believe with regard to your sin? The subtle temptation to believe it's ok, and you'll be forgiven, even when you continue in willful sin activities, OR to believe God's Word with regard to whatever it is you are practicing? At some point, you've got to decide WHO you're going to believe, and then "endure" in what you know to be Truth. :emot-hug:

In His Love,

Suzanne

ya, I get that :emot-hug: but the fact remains, we are still going to sin. Knowing this, we also cannot let this defeat us from continuing to endure in spite of this knowledge. Of course through regeneration we will be renewed and those things of old will be shed as we become new beings and more Christ minded, but the fact remains until the day we die, we will commit sin. This has to be part of the picture of what endurance looks like or it makes no sense to even try as I saw some stating in other posts.

And I will read Galatians as you have suggested. thank you :emot-hug:

Dear jackie,

First of all, I want to ask that you would remember Dan in your prayers, as he is under the weather, actually is in pain, and needs our prayers! He asked that I search for his testimony and post it here for you:

With regard to Dan's OLD post, I wanted to be sure that you see just how strong our God IS!!!

Here is one bit of dialogue with Dan(dgolvach):

This may be more of a Theological question, but as a nonbeliever I don't think I have permission to post within the Theology forum. Anyway, question ahead:

As a once-upon-a-time Christian, I went through the usual process of accepting Jesus Christ as my savior, believing myself to have been born again, allowing the Holy Spirit into my heart, securing my eternity with Him in heaven following my eventual physical death. Now, obviously since then I've become quite separated from that notion, as I find the whole of religion to be a wishful belief system, but not holding any truth value.

I am curious what position you all find me in. I certainly won't take offense if someone says I'm going to hell, I just chuckle to myself usually if that comes up :emot-hug: So anyway, am I destined for hell now that I "unbelieve"? Or, because I once accepted Jesus and honestly believed it, is my position in heaven still eternally secure (obviously this is just a hypothetical from my position, but I'm quite curious how Christians view my position heheh)? Thanks guys :emot-hug:

Joel ....I'm glad to hear that you have lost your faith in religion. Jesus didn't like religion very much either. Heres what you need to understand. You were created to be hungry. We all are. Our natural inclination is to allow the world to feed us. The problem is, as I'm sure you know, the world is unstable and not able to give our souls what we need. Because you asked Christ to save you, you now have the ability to get fed by God on a daily basis. You can enter into his presence because Jesus has made you perfectly clean. He picked up your sin tab. Stop waiting to become "good enough" or "sinless enough" to approach God. Thats what religion teaches. Thats what you need to repent from. God...."the all mighty creator of the universe", wants to feed you himself because you are his presious child". Stop trying to be "Christian" enough and go get fed. Then watch how "Christian" you will naturally become as a result. God is your rightousness, not you. Make time for him everyday. Scripture, prayer and alone time. He will meet you. He is not a spiritual rapist. You must invite him in. Let him have you Joel. TRUST ME!!! You won't be sorry.

Dan

Dear Dan,

Because I only remember the posts from the Dan, a long time ago...........I am absolutely blown away by the posts of the "new" Dan. They bless my heart, and reveal how amazingly able, our God Is, to create a new person. Your posts do not even sound like the person I remember. He has done a great work in you!!! God bless you Dan, and you encourage me greatly, that God still makes new creations! Your testimony is refreshing.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne... Thankyou. I read Joel's post and saw myself not so long ago. I asked Christ to save me at 17 and spent 27 years bumping around in the dark until I realized that he had done just that and I didn't need to hide from God. Can you believe it? 27 years.

God Bless

Dan

Here is the link to his testimony. I DO hope you'll click and read it:

Here's Where I Think I Went Wrong!

In His Love,

Suzanne

that was lovely Suzanne and yes I will keep Dan in prayer.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

I just read something that reminded me of endurance;

Streams in the Desert - Feb. 1

February, 1

The Fruit Comes Afterward

"The Lord hath His way in the whirlwind and storm" (Nahum 1:3).

I recollect, when a lad, and while attending a classical institute in the vicinity of Mount Pleasant, sitting on an elevation of that mountain, and watching a storm as it came up the valley. The heavens were filled with blackness, and the earth was shaken by the voice of thunder. It seemed as though that fair landscape was utterly changed, and its beauty gone never to return.

But the storm swept on, and passed out of the valley; and if I had sat in the same place on the following day, and said, "Where is that terrible storm, with all its terrible blackness?" the grass would have said, "Part of it is in me," and the daisy would have said, "Part of it is in me," and the fruits and flowers and everything that grows out of the ground would have said, "Part of the storm is incandescent in me."

Have you asked to be made like your Lord? Have you longed for the fruit of the Spirit, and have you prayed for sweetness and gentleness and love? Then fear not the stormy tempest that is at this moment sweeping through your life. A blessing is in the storm, and there will be the rich fruitage in the "afterward." --Henry Ward Beecher

The flowers live by the tears that fall From the sad face of the skies; And life would have no joys at all, Were there no watery eyes. Love thou thy sorrow: grief shall bring Its own excuse in after years; The rainbow!--see how fair a thing God hath built up from tears. --Henry S. Sutton

I believe that in regard to Paul in specific as mentioned above and our Faith in general that endurance means a new way of looking at things like the storm. It's not sent as a tempest to torment. It is a natural part of this life and if we begin to look at the spiritual reality of it, it can help us to endure.

We need to see and evaluate with new eyes.

I was reading this morning that Paul only had one thought in mind and that was to Preach this Gospel. He told King Agrippa of his Lords vision that was shown to him and that call on his life and in this vision and call there were times of trouble however as he explained to King Agrippa, he was loyal to the vision. Not disobedient. :noidea:

Ac

What wonderful reminders!!! From Dan's testimony, to the devotional you posted brother!!!

Blesses me so much.

Jackie, I'm really glad that you are here.

In His Love,

Suzanne

What wonderful reminders!!! From Dan's testimony, to the devotional you posted brother!!!

Blesses me so much.

Jackie, I'm really glad that you are here.

In His Love,

Suzanne

thank you Suzanne..that was a blessing. :noidea:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

A few endures in the new testament.

Mark 4

17 and they have no root in themselves, and so endure only for a time. Afterward, when tribulation or persecution arises for the word's sake, immediately they stumble.

1 Corinthians 4

12 And we labor, working with our own hands. Being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we endure;

1 Corinthians 9

12 If others are partakers of this right over you, are we not even more? Nevertheless we have not used this right, but endure all things lest we hinder the gospel of Christ.

1 Thessalonians 3

1 Therefore, when we could no longer endure it, we thought it good to be left in Athens alone,

1 Thessalonians 3

5 For this reason, when I could no longer endure it, I sent to know your faith, lest by some means the tempter had tempted you, and our labor might be in vain.

2 Thessalonians 1

4 so that we ourselves boast of you among the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that you endure,

2 Timothy 2

3 You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 2

10 Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

2 Timothy2

12 If we endure, We shall also reign with Him. If we deny Him, He also will deny us.

2 Timothy 4

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers;

2 Timothy 4

5 But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

Hebrews 12

7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?

Hebrews 12

20 (For they could not endure what was commanded: "And if so much as a beast touches the mountain, it shall be stoned* or shot with an arrow."+

James 5

11 Indeed we count them blessed who endure. You have heard of the perseverance of Job and seen the end intended by the Lord--that the Lord is very compassionate and merciful.

2 Corinthians 1

6 Now if we are afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effective for enduring the same sufferings which we also suffer. Or if we are comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.

Hebrews 10

34 for you had compassion on me in my chains, and joyfully accepted the plundering of your goods, knowing that you have a better and an enduring possession for yourselves in heaven.

Hebrews 6

15 And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise.

Hebrews 12

1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,

2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls.

Dear Sion,

Thank you for posting them. I read every one. There were 2 in particular that stood out to me though.

1 Thess. 3:5 (totally contrary to the mindset of today's pastor)

James 5:11 (to be counted as blessed, for enduring!)

In His Love,

Suzanne

Ive tried and tried and I have grown tired. I have never been able to endure. If you are having success with endurance I would like to hear your story. I probably won't go to heaven if your right about the endurance thing and I'm not sure if I know many who will. Its very hard to go to heaven and only a few really endure up to God's standard. Narrow is the way! It takes super will power. Some will say" oh no! you get special power if you pray for it." I have many times in tears. In the end its just good old fashion will power that will enable you to endure enough to be saved by grace. It really takes alot of work to become unlost. Especially when you have been raised to be lost. Only a few will make it I'm afraid. Very very few. I still sin all the time.

The only way to endure is to remain focused. We run with patience/endurance this race that is set before us LOOKING TO JESUS. He is our goal..not heaven. This is not about heaven anymore dear brother, and it actually never was. God did not save us to go to heaven, but to LOOK LIKE CHRIST. He saved us for sonship not for Heaven. We who believed are children of the most High.

It is not a about measuring up to God's. You have Christ and if you have Christ you have measured up to His standard. Now you must not stare at your failures brother, run looking to Jesus. Your eye must be single (one focus).

Dear Ruck,

I wanted to be sure that you note Dan's story has changed. The post you are replying to, (of Dan's, is from 2004) and as I mentioned, I DO hope you'll read Dan's testimony now:

Here is the link to his testimony. I DO hope you'll click and read it:

Here's Where I Think I Went Wrong!

I would just hate for you to miss what has become of Dan! :emot-hug:

In His Love,

Suzanne