missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

When I was very young my older brother used to stand behind me and say"Ok,fall back.Do not look back at me and just know and trust that I will catch you.I promise I will catch you".That is really hard to do.I am thinking "Oh brother if he does not catch me it will really hurt to hit that floor".Yes,he caught me but it was really,really hard.Isn't it a normal human response to try to manipulate and control a certain situation ourselves because we are afraid it will not get done?I put a very important situation in God's hands totally.I say "Ok,Lord you know my needs on this very important situation.Lord,it could be critical so please answer my prayer".You wait and you wait.Their is a timing deadline to get this done.I know that God hears my prayers.It is the ultimate test of Faith and Trust.Has anyone else experienced this?What was the outcome?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Think we all do at some point, and sometimes, the timing deadline we think there is, there really isn't. . .for example me and my wife were really wanting/needing a house. we wanted it before we had kids, wanted to get in and settled. Well, we found a brand new house we liked, got it setup with the lender, all we had to do was sign the papers, and all the sudden the underwriters at our bank, went out of business, so our loan went bye bye. So the bank went through a different set of underwriters, same thing. It was so frustrating, but we decided, ok maybe it wasn't Gods time, so we stopped looking. Few months down the road my wife got pregnant. As time went on, we started looking again-and literally, a day before we had our daughter, we found another house, this one was used, but it was 20,000 dollars cheaper, was 400 square feet bigger, and had a bigger yard, and just needed a little work. We got into the house 2 months after our daughter was born. No, it wasn't on our time table-it wasn't inside our time restraints-it was all in Gods timing, and He gave us a much better house for waiting.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Yes I've done that too. The problem is many times God took care of me, but other times He didn't. And I'm trying to understand why He doesn't always catch me. I wish I had an answer for you but I don't. I tend to think I must have sins in my life that I'm unaware of that's blocking me off from receiving God's blessings. But I don't really know.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

Yes I've done that too. The problem is many times God took care of me, but other times He didn't. And I'm trying to understand why He doesn't always catch me. I wish I had an answer for you but I don't. I tend to think I must have sins in my life that I'm unaware of that's blocking me off from receiving God's blessings. But I don't really know.

I do not think God works that way.To punish us for our sins.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  545
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Yep there has been many times that the Lord has'nt answered my prayers in the timeframe and how I would want Him to.... but over the years I have gotten to know that He knows best, His timing is always perfect and "ALL things really do work together for good"

Guest ninhao

My Lord God is constantly working on my behalf. Within my knowledge and often, I suggest, without my knowledge :D

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Has anyone else experienced this?What was the outcome?

Years ago, I had a foot infection. It was quite serious and resistant to treatment. The doctors were baffled. For months I was on antibiotics and had weekly xrays/tests etc. It got to the point they were considering putting me in the hospital for surgery to see what was going on. I prayed and prayed and nothing happened. Finally I said Im just gonna do what the doctors say to do, but Im gonna quick worrying about anything and just trust in the Lord no matter what the outcome. Even if it means losing my foot.

It was around that time that my foot started to heal. And fully healed. My faith grew enormously at that time. I think that was when I learned to truly trust Him.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I think it is hard to pray and let go. To just walk away and leave it in Gods hands. We keep thinking about our prayer and what we want changed. We wonder if we will get an answer, or when. We wonder if we are worthy. So many thoughts that keep us from just letting go. I have been working on that one myself...a lot lately. Some things are easier to leave with God in prayer, while others aren't. Like if I pray for others for whatever reason, health, happiness, understanding etc., it is not hard to let go, but when I pray for family, especially when it concerns their salvation...it is much harder to pray for them and let it go. I don't know if anyone else experiences this or not.

Edited by Petra-Psalm118:8

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

God has revealed to me that he is intimately aware of what goes on in my life. There is no situation that he is not aware of.

Scriptures:

Isaiah 55:8-9 (NKJV)

8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts,Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.

9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth,So are My ways higher than your ways,And My thoughts than your thoughts.

Luke 11:11 (NKJV)

11 If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish?

John 14:14(NKJV)

14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.