• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/23/1971

Supporters of the ban on gay members point to the Scout oath, which includes the line "On my honor I will do my best .... to keep myself physically strong, mentally alert and morally straight."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2013/05/23/boy-scouts-gay-vote/2352077/

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  142
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/17/1971

That is a deep one!! I do know this if there were gay boys in boys scouts I wouldn't let my kid join it and don't care if anyone thinks im wrong for that Im trying to teach my kid to know God and His standards and I wouldn't be able to trust that group to line up with Gods views

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Forget the gay boys, what about the gay leaders?

Regardless, I think they sold out to be pc and not get targeted like they have been in california.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/23/1971

this is just the youth - not the leaders - sorry, should have noted on that

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Firstly, what exactly does 'gay scouts' mean? Can a young boy be old enough to determine his own sexuality? The boy scouts are not made up of 25 year-olds, they are made up of young children starting at 10 years old, younger for cubs. At these ages young boys should not be in a position to determine their sexual preferences. Some of the older boys may have some idea, but the fact that this issue has being raised at all is pretty sick. Whatever happened to the innocence of children?

Secondly, how would boys mingling with other boys, camping together and so on, be seen as a safe environment for normal boys mixing with homosexual ones? At the age of puberty all children are vulnerable and are becoming sexually aware. It is this delicate period in life where one's sexual identity is finally formed. Homosexuality is not a feature of birth but a product of environment. I dread to think what may be happening during scouting trips.

Finally, how do the scout leaders fit into this? Are they to be homosexual too? What comes next, pedophile Scout leaders?

I suspect that once homosexuality is allowed in the scouts it will be the next stage to make it become compulsory.

This whole thing stinks of satanic Leftist decadence.

Edited by WillowWood

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I heard that they did not change the ruling on Scout Leaders, so there still will be no Gay Scout Leaders.

As for being kids being old enough to know, some are. Scouts are not just young kids, but older teenagers. They can be Scouts until they are 18.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

as an eagle scout, I am deeply disturbed by this, its sad seeing the organization go downhill like this. I have long had respect for this organization, it has always taught boys good morals, leadership, survival skills, and good manners, and its sad seeing them starting to surrender the things that made it so good.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  460
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1990

I read a article saying that the Boy Scouts are actually not allowed to ask a scout about their sexual orientation. It follows the "know one cares about your sex life" policy. I am always confused as to how LGBT want people to know they are gay (basically throwing it in their face), accept it and celebrate it. No one celebrates their heterosexuality, their race or gender but if it is LGBT it must be celebrated. I guess the point of my statement is why do I have to know if a boy scout is openly gay and that goes for girl scouts too since they are VERY liberal. I don't go around telling people my sexuality, my religion or anything because it is no ones business but my own. Since the administration are not suppose to ask about sexuality (thus does not actually exclude gay boys only the ones who choose be open about it) I just don't understand the push for this vote to allow the boys to openly express their sexuality.

While I'm sure the ban on gay leaders will be lifted eventually, I am equally bothered by allowing openly gay leaders. Again their is no point and if allowed I'm sure there will be a major exodus to the point that only the children of liberal parents or LGBT boys themselves will make up the boy scouts.