IGNORED

Christian Freedom, The Law, Walking in the Spirit (Gal. 5)

GoldenEagle

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Gal. 5:4  Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

The Christ > the gift of Grace > the Law.

In the sequence above, whosoever stagnates with the Law and is justified by the Law is as if fallen from Grace and with no effect of the Christ (Anointing). That is the message of Gal. 5:4!

Whosoever has the Christ (Anointing) is in liberty and in him/her is Grace made manifest and the Law established. Let us have the glorious anointing of the Christ, having fellowship with the Holy Ghost and with Son of God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

1 Corinthians 9:19-21 (NIV)
19 Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible.
20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law.
21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law.

Though I am free and belong to no man,

I make myself a slave to everyone,

to win as many as possible.

To the Jews

I became like a Jew,

to win the Jews.

To those under the law

I became like one under the law

(though I myself am not under the law),

so as to win those under the law.

To those not having the law

I became like one not having the law

(though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law),

so as to win those not having the law.

Two Laws

Two Torahs

The Law of Moses (Torah Moshe)

The Law of Christ (Torah Moshiakh) God's Law.

Guest Butero

From the same book of Galatians:  Galatians 5:19-21

19  Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these:  Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20  Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21  Envyings, murders, drunkeness, revelings, and such like:  of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things, shall not inherit the Kingdom of God.

This is absolute proof that those who claim that Christian freedom is the freedom to live lawless are in error.  If that message were true, you could do all these things and still keep your inheritance in the Kingdom of God.  The reason why you are free from the law when you walk in the Spirit, is because the Spirit will lead you to live in a way where you don't violate the law.  You will bear fruit.  The same passage goes on to say...

22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23  Meekness, temperance, against such there is no law.

If you move back to verse 18, it says...

18  But if ye be led of the Spirit, yea re not under the law.

This is not complicated, but those who are preaching the false message that Christian freedom means we are ok even if we continue in sin refuse to see.  Nobody needs freedom to sin.  We all had that ability before we got saved.  We need freedom to break the bondgage of sin in our lives. 

Guest Butero

Actually really I'd just like to discuss this chapter in the paraphrase of the Message. I realized I quoted the NKJV by habit lo. Just wanted to get those who wanted to contribute thoughts on this passage... :)

God bless,

GE

To me, "The Message" is nothing more than a commentary written by a false teacher.  I say that he is false based on the way he interprets scripture in "The Message."   I have seen a lot of people try to use this commentary like it was scripture to make the Bible read the way they want it to.  I have zero confidence in anything it says. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Actually really I'd just like to discuss this chapter in the paraphrase of the Message. I realized I quoted the NKJV by habit lo. Just wanted to get those who wanted to contribute thoughts on this passage... :)

God bless,

GE

To me, "The Message" is nothing more than a commentary written by a false teacher.  I say that he is false based on the way he interprets scripture in "The Message."   I have seen a lot of people try to use this commentary like it was scripture to make the Bible read the way they want it to.  I have zero confidence in anything it says. 

Here I must partly agree with Butero. I sometimes read the message alongside a scripture to try and get a perspective of a scripture I am uncertain of. But I would never use it in any other way. It is one mans opinion and best left alone, especially in the case of new believers. I use it, kind of like saying to another brother, "hey, what do you think Paul was getting at here".....

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

19  Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these:  Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20  Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21  Envyings, murders, drunkeness, revelings, and such like:  of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things, shall not inherit the Kingdom of God.

This is absolute proof that those who claim that Christian freedom is the freedom to live lawless are in error.  If that message were true, you could do all these things and still keep your inheritance in the Kingdom of God.  The reason why you are free from the law when you walk in the Spirit, is because the Spirit will lead you to live in a way where you don't violate the law.  You will bear fruit.  The same passage goes on to say...

22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

This is not complicated, but those who are preaching the false message that Christian freedom means we are ok even if we continue in sin refuse to see.  Nobody needs freedom to sin.  We all had that ability before we got saved.  We need freedom to break the bondgage of sin in our lives. 

I'm not sure why it always comes back to this... Who said anything about freedom to live in lawlessness or continue in sin? Why is it that every thread on grace or freedom comes back to this - somehow this is an excuse to sin? I don't get it...

But here's the entire passage:

Gal. 5:19-26 NKJV

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders,[ drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

Gal. 5:19-26 The Message

19-21 It is obvious what kind of life develops out of trying to get your own way all the time: repetitive, loveless, cheap sex; a stinking accumulation of mental and emotional garbage; frenzied and joyless grabs for happiness; trinket gods; magic-show religion; paranoid loneliness; cutthroat competition; all-consuming-yet-never-satisfied wants; a brutal temper; an impotence to love or be loved; divided homes and divided lives; small-minded and lopsided pursuits; the vicious habit of depersonalizing everyone into a rival; uncontrolled and uncontrollable addictions; ugly parodies of community. I could go on.

This isn’t the first time I have warned you, you know. If you use your freedom this way, you will not inherit God’s kingdom.

22-23 But what happens when we live God’s way? He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard—things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity. We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people. We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments, not needing to force our way in life, able to marshal and direct our energies wisely.

23-24 Legalism is helpless in bringing this about; it only gets in the way. Among those who belong to Christ, everything connected with getting our own way and mindlessly responding to what everyone else calls necessities is killed off for good—crucified.

25-26 Since this is the kind of life we have chosen, the life of the Spirit, let us make sure that we do not just hold it as an idea in our heads or a sentiment in our hearts, but work out its implications in every detail of our lives. That means we will not compare ourselves with each other as if one of us were better and another worse. We have far more interesting things to do with our lives. Each of us is an original.

This is absolute proof that those who claim that Christian freedom is the freedom to live lawless are in error. 

This is not complicated, but those who are preaching the false message that Christian freedom means we are ok even if we continue in sin refuse to see. 

Yes, it's really simple. You can recognize if the Holy Spirit lives in someone by their fruits. Healthy trees bear good fruit while diseased trees bear bad fruit.

Matthew 7:16-20

16 You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles? 17 So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. 18 A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.

Again it's really simple. Someone who continually practices habitual, unrepentant sin without any repentance is not likely born of God.

1 John 2:15-17
15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life —is not from the Father but is from the world. 17 And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.

1 John 3:9

No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God.

1 John 5:18
18 We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, but he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him.

I would agree with this post, I would also point out the true context of Pauls post, was around circumcision, his message was against combining old covenant traditions and rituals with new covenant life, Paul understood that Christ death was the beginning of the New Covenant, as he preached on this over and over. basic moral laws did not change, If God hated adultry in old testiment He still hates it today

Yes Jonny! I think I agree with this... in red ^^^

Paul spoke of this further through the Holy Spirit in Collosians 2. Pay particular attention to verses 17 and 17.

Col 2:11-23

Not Legalism but Christ

11 In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins[c] of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, 12 buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead. 13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. 15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.

16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, 17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. 18 Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has notseen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, 19 and not holding fast to the Head, from whom all the body, nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grows with the increase that is from God.

20 Therefore, if you died with Christ from the basic principles of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to regulations— 21 “Do not touch, do not taste, do not handle,” 22 which all concern things which perish with the using—according to the commandments and doctrines of men? 23 These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion, false humility, and neglect of the body, but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

I would agree with this post, I would also point out the true context of Pauls post, was around circumcision, his message was against combining old covenant traditions and rituals with new covenant life, Paul understood that Christ death was the beginning of the New Covenant, as he preached on this over and over. basic moral laws did not change, If God hated adultry in old testiment He still hates it today

I'll disagree.

Paul was not adverse to 'old covenant' traditions and rituals in a new covenant life. Paul actually practiced many Mosaic covenant traditions and rituals as he felt he had the freedom to do so.

The error of practicing some commands in the Mosaic law is in the reason behind practicing the commands. If a person is doing so to achieve salvation, justification, sanctification, or being pleasing to God, all of these things are completed by Jesus. So, to practice these in order to achieve what Jesus has already achieved is empty legalism.

Becoming circumcised was obligating oneself to the Mosaic law, and becoming Jewish, neither which is necessary if one has received the blessing available in Jesus. So, if a person engages in the rituals of traditions of the Tenakh/OT, not for gain actually won already by Jesus, but because of culture, or ministry, there is no law against that. They are not violating the New Covenant.    

.... Becoming circumcised was.... the Mosaic law, and becoming Jewish....

~

Amen~!

And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. Genesis 17:7

As For These Laws And Covenants With The Jew

And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant. Genesis 17:14

They Were Not The Laws Of Moses

And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face, Deuteronomy 34:10

But The Laws Of Jesus

Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. John 6:46

See

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 5:17-19

~

So My Only Remaining Question Is Will New Earth Have Barbeque Too?

And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:

Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.

And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them. And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore. Ezekiel 37:21-28

So With Tears Of Utter Grief For Israel

And With Deep Longing For Their Reunion With Their Creator God Savior, The Messiah

I Pray Hosanna, Hosanna To The LORD, Hosanna To The KING

Save Now LORD Jesus Save Now

Maranatha~!

~

Thank You Abba Father

Thank You Yeshua Our Salvation

Thank You Holy Spirit Of The Living God

Thank You For The Jew

And For Their Precious Holy Book

And Thank You For Your Mercy And For Your Grace

And For Your Holy Blood And For Answered Prayer

And For Hope And For Your Faithfulness