IGNORED

The Confusing thing about the Rapture is...

JohnD

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  322
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1

1. People misinterpret the 70th Week of Daniel to be one 7-year tribulation period (when it is two 3.5-year tribulations).

2. People mistake the Christians' "out" in the Great Tribulation as an "out" from all tribulation or turmoil or strife... and as Chuck Missler says... this goes against what most Christians have suffered through most of history.

The "out " that we have is that as far as God is concerned, the wrath that we justly deserve was meted out on the cross of Christ. The Great Tribulation is God's wrath poured out on the unbelieving and the devil. The preceding tribulation will be the devil's wrath against God (which is directed at his people... remember how Jesus asked Paul who persecuted the Church "Why do you persecute ME?").

Revelation 12:17 (NKJV)

17 And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 13:5-10 (NKJV)

5 And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months.

6 Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven.

7 It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation.

8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

9 If anyone has an ear, let him hear.

10 He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; he who kills with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

The one rapture will take place

PRE- great tribulation

MID- 70th Week of Daniel (which is not traditional Mid-trib because it subscribes to the one 7-year tribulation period)

POST- believer's tribulation

So all three camps had the scriptures quotes right to back them up they just got the 70th Week of Daniel wrong...

70x7.jpg

{click on image to enlarge}

Despite their differences, all 3 views that you cite (pre, mid, post) share one thing in common - they all agree that the dead in Christ are resurrected first to meet Christ in the air before those who are still living. They differ in when this takes place.  Martha, the sister of Lazarus specifies just when this resurrection takes place: "Martha said to him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day.” Jn 11:24  Thus the pretrib view is eliminated because it holds that the rapture takes place before the last day.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Despite their differences, all 3 views that you cite (pre, mid, post) share one thing in common - they all agree that the dead in Christ are resurrected first to meet Christ in the air before those who are still living. They differ in when this takes place.  Martha, the sister of Lazarus specifies just when this resurrection takes place: "Martha said to him, “I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day.” Jn 11:24  Thus the pretrib view is eliminated because it holds that the rapture takes place before the last day.

Sorry, but that is just your opinion, and it doesn't jive with what many others see as THE LAST DAY. There is more than one LAST DAY. The righteous living have an appointed last day as do the unrighteous living. Then there is another last day where Jesus, the King, once returned, will judge the nations (Sheep and Goats judgment).

The Pre-trib view cannot be eliminated, as the call of the Bridegroom to His waiting Bride is the Bride's particular last day as betrothed.

Sorry, but that is just your opinion, and it doesn't jive with what many others see as THE LAST DAY. There is more than one LAST DAY. The righteous living have an appointed last day as do the unrighteous living. Then there is another last day where Jesus, the King, once returned, will judge the nations (Sheep and Goats judgment).

The Pre-trib view cannot be eliminated, as the call of the Bridegroom to His waiting Bride is the Bride's particular last day as betrothed.

Of course it's my opinion. As if you don't have an opinion?  Unfortunately your opinion holds no water as it cannot be substantiated by Scripture which is the only thing that matters despite what you or "others" claim.  The pre-trib view of course maintains that the rapture occurs before the start of the tribulation period.  However, no where in the Bible is the time period before the tribulation ever referred to as the Last Day, therefore your notion is false.  If you can show me scripture that refutes this, I will gladly reconsider my opinion.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,232
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Of course it's my opinion. As if you don't have an opinion?  Unfortunately your opinion holds no water as it cannot be substantiated by Scripture which is the only thing that matters despite what you or "others" claim.  The pre-trib view of course maintains that the rapture occurs before the start of the tribulation period.  However, no where in the Bible is the time period before the tribulation ever referred to as the Last Day, therefore your notion is false.  If you can show me scripture that refutes this, I will gladly reconsider my opinion.

Oops... except for the whole Church age! Heb 1:2-4

2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;

3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when

He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, 4 having become so much better than the angels,

as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

NKJV

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

A much overlooked fact is that for people to participate in the rapture, they must believe in the rapture.

Does that mean Christians who don't believe that the rapture will occur will not be raptured if it does occur?

If a person is a genuine believer in Jesus Christ they will be raptured if they believe in a rapture or not.

2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;

3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when

He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, 4 having become so much better than the angels,

NKJV

Sorry enoob - no dice, the passage you cited refers to the last days not the Last Day. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,232
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

NKJV

Sorry enoob - no dice, the passage you cited refers to the last days not the Last Day. 

You must have the singularity to gain the plurals... the fact that the Lord says we are in the last days since He's been here also must contain multiple last day contributions...

Love, Steven

You must have the singularity to gain the plurals... the fact that the Lord says we are in the last days since He's been here also must contain multiple last day...

Love, Steven

The last days is a general term having wide latitude in terms of time such as the "beginning of sorrows" which could be included in the last days.  However the Bible also specifically refers to the Last Day or the Day of the Lord which is a specific time period with certain events taking place--which distinguish it from the last days.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

2 Timothy 3:1-9

But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! 6 For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, 7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith; 9 but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.

I see here "last days". :confused:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Everything I believe is substantiated by Scripture. There are many different last days. The last day for the Church is the Rapture.