IGNORED

man shot dead at western wall

ayin jade

Guest shiloh357

The word for God in Arabic is Allah. So to say that Allah is not the way to God would be saying God is not the way to God. Arab Christians when speaking Arabic use the word Allah for God, the Father. And would say Jesus (Isa) is the only way to Allah.  

I have Arab Christian friends in Israel and they do not call God, "allah."    They use the word,"God,"  "Jehovah," and "Jesus" or "Yeshua."  God has revealed His Name to mankind.  To call Him by a pagan name that originates from the polythesitic culture of pre-Islam Arabia simply doens't wash.

In " government approved" churches in Arab countries the Christians use the name "allah."   But I have not met an Arab who is genuine follower of Jesus who uses that name for God.

So now, I have to ask a question. The Muslims say the God/Allah has no son. Jesus says that He is the Son of God. But, here is an issue. Judaism says God is one and only one and does not have a son. I personally believe that Judaism believes in God. But Muslims do not. Not because they reject Jesus (which means there is no salvation in Islam) but because they have added and taken away from the OT and the NT, so they have changed what God said, and therefore believe in a different god.  

There is no question in that statement.  What is the question?

Some OT/NT bibles translated into Arabic use God/Jehovah, and some use Allah. Allah is not the name of a Muslim god, but means God. So when an Arab says Allah, it does not necessarily refer to the Muslim god.

I know of Palestinian Christians who use Allah. It varies. We just have to be careful because assuming Allah is always Muslim is not true.

The question is, since Judaism denies Jesus, that God has no son, do you think Judaism in the same category as Islam? If not, why?

Whatever, I am not going to argue about that, as there is no rason to call God "allah" because God has revealed His Name, the Name He wants to be called by.  But the stubborn rebelliousness of man wants to do things his own way.

At any rate the man at the wall was not shot because he merely used the name "allah."   He was shot for saying "allahu akhbar" a common phrase used by terrorist just before committing an act of mass murder.    I doubt He was referring to the one true God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

the conflict is that Jesus and no allah is the way to God.  All Muslims who worship allah are going to hell.  Jesus is the ONLY way to the Father and that is somelthing HE said, himself.  So you are saying that Jesus is wrong.  Allah is not the God of the Bible and he is not the way to God.

of spirits to determine if they are "One."

The word for God in Arabic is Allah. So to say that Allah is not the way to God would be saying God is not the way to God. Arab Christians when speaking Arabic use the word Allah for God, the Father. And would say Jesus (Isa) is the only way to Allah.  

The word Allah meaning God in Arabic, predates Islam.

So now, I have to ask a question. The Muslims say the God/Allah has no son. Jesus says that He is the Son of God. But, here is an issue. Judaism says God is one and only one and does not have a son. I personally believe that Judaism believes in God. But Muslims do not. Not because they reject Jesus (which means there is no salvation in Islam) but because they have added and taken away from the OT and the NT, so they have changed what God said, and therefore believe in a different god.  

I posted this elsewhere but it seems like a good idea to post it here too. Allah of islam is not our God. 

Some reasons why the allah of islam isnt the God of the bible.

1) Christians believe that God is spirit.

John 4:24 God is a spirit, and they who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth.

Islam says God isnt spirit.

2) Our Lord is transcendent and immanent.

While both Christians and muslims believe in the transcendence of God, muslims believe He does not interact at all with mankind. We believe God is intimately involved in our lives (immanence).

3) We believe God reveals Himself, not just His law.

Islam believes that allah's will is manifested, but not allah himself. Our Lord reveals Himself all throughout the bible.

4) The Trinity.

God is God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Islam proclaims allah has no son.

5) Our Lord loves us while we sinners.

For God so loved the world, He gave His only begotten Son. While we were yet sinners, He reached out to us in love. Yet for muslims, allah loves no sinner.

6) Our Lord does not want anyone to perish. 

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow concerning His promise, as some count slowness, but is long-suffering toward us, not purposing that any of us should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Islam says allah desires to punish people. 

7) How God regards the Jews.

The Jews are Gods people. The bible tells us this. Allah of islam hates the Jews. 

8) Our Lord is unchanging.

Islam believes in the doctrine of abrogation, where allah can change his mind at whim. Our Lord is unchanging.

9) Forgiveness.

We are forgiven on the basis of the atoning work of Jesus. His sacrifice (and our acceptance of Jesus) means we are forgiven and reconciled with the Lord. In islam, forgiveness by allah is based on the whim of allah. You have no way of knowing if you are forgiven or not. The only reasonably sure thing is death by martyrdom. 

Allah of islam is NOT the God of Abraham, not the Lord we believe in. Islam is not an offshoot of Christianity. It is a perversion of worship of the true Lord. (Mormons do not worship the same Lord either. They have changed whom He is.)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

I have Arab Christian friends in Israel and they do not call God, "allah."    They use the word,"God,"  "Jehovah," and "Jesus" or "Yeshua."  God has revealed His Name to mankind.  To call Him by a pagan name that originates from the polythesitic culture of pre-Islam Arabia simply doens't wash.

In " government approved" churches in Arab countries the Christians use the name "allah."   But I have not met an Arab who is genuine follower of Jesus who uses that name for God.

Some OT/NT bibles translated into Arabic use God/Jehovah, and some use Allah. Allah is not the name of a Muslim god, but means God. So when an Arab says Allah, it does not necessarily refer to the Muslim god.

I know of Palestinian Christians who use Allah. It varies. We just have to be careful because assuming Allah is always Muslim is not true.

The question is, since Judaism denies Jesus, that God has no son, do you think Judaism in the same category as Islam? If not, why?

An interesting question! Old Israel was instructed to do some very nasty things to non-Jews in some parts of the OT.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.97
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

An interesting question! Old Israel was instructed to do some very nasty things to non-Jews in some parts of the OT.

The difference is that Jews only committed these things on the specific instructions of God. They were one-off commands. They weren't part of regular Jewish law, they were only against enemies and not innocent people.

The commands in the Qu'ran are open ended and for all Muslims - for all time - a bit like the ten commandments are rules to follow on a daily basis for all time.

So when for example God told the Jews to slaughter the Canaanites it was a one-off. There was no Jewish law saying 'thou shalt always kill Canaanites".

Every one of these brutal commands by God given to the Jews were specific only to particular conflicts or events at the time. Once the tasks were completed it was done and finished with.

The Jews always left other civilisations alone unless circumstances and God declared otherwise. They always tried to live in peace with their neighbours. Muslims are commanded to conquer the World.

The difference is that Jews only committed these things on the specific instructions of God. They were one-off commands. They weren't part of regular Jewish law, they were only against enemies and not innocent people.

The commands in the Qu'ran are open ended and for all Muslims - for all time - a bit like the ten commandments are rules to follow on a daily basis for all time.

So when for example God told the Jews to slaughter the Canaanites it was a one-off. There was no Jewish law saying 'thou shalt always kill Canaanites".

Every one of these brutal commands by God given to the Jews were specific only to particular conflicts or events at the time. Once the tasks were completed it was done and finished with.

The Jews always left other civilisations alone unless circumstances and God declared otherwise. They always tried to live in peace with their neighbours. Muslims are commanded to conquer the World.

Fair points! Though ethnic cleansing of "the land" still seems to carry some resonance.

Guest shiloh357

You may kinow of Paletsinians who call themselves "Christians" but you don't know any Palestinians who are genuine followers of Jesus who call God "allah."  They may follow the form of Christianity, but they are following a "Christian religion" that is sanctioned by the Islamic religious leaders.   I have friends who live in Israel who are Arabs and they say that you can tell the difference between a true Arab Christian and the ones who are "Christians' for the benefit of cashing in on the tourism dollars.   In their little souveneir shops they are "Chrsitians" in front of the Christians tourists, but at home they are Muslims.

There are many Arab "Christian" leaders in Israel who are in league with the terrorists and support the terrorists' attempt to overthrow Israel and make Israel "Palestine."  

No, because the Tanakh (OT) predates Islam and Jews, unlike Muslims are not pagans.  The Muslims are pagans.   "allah" is the god of war knowng during ancient Arab polytheistism as "elahu" who was the Arab god of war.  His symbol was the crescent moon as he was a moon god.  That is why his symbol of the moon is a part of Arab culture today.   Allah is an variation on elahu.  To worship allah makes one a pagan.  A TRUE Christian would NEVER refer to god by a pagan name like that.

The Jewish people have preserved the word of God, in the OT.  The OT reveals who God is and what His true Name is.  Islam is a false religion, not simply because the deny Jesus, but because they worship a pagan god.    Judaism is a false religion because they deny Jesus and because Judaism today is not based on the Scriptures, but they don't worship a different god.  They are not pagans, even though they believe wrong things about God and Jesus.   I would be far more comfortable in a synagogue than in any mosque.  Mosques are pagan temples.

Guest shiloh357

Fair points! Though ethnic cleansing of "the land" still seems to carry some resonance.

The only ones interested in ethnic cleansing are the Arabs.  Israel isn't trying kick the palestinians out. Rather it is the Palestinians who want the Jews removed and the land turned into a Palestinian nation.    Careful your anti-Semitism is showing.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  9

You may kinow of Paletsinians who call themselves "Christians" but you don't know any Palestinians who are genuine followers of Jesus who call God "allah."  They may follow the form of Christianity, but they are following a "Christian religion" that is sanctioned by the Islamic religious leaders.   I have friends who live in Israel who are Arabs and they say that you can tell the difference between a true Arab Christian and the ones who are "Christians' for the benefit of cashing in on the tourism dollars.   In their little souveneir shops they are "Chrsitians" in front of the Christians tourists, but at home they are Muslims.

There are many Arab "Christian" leaders in Israel who are in league with the terrorists and support the terrorists' attempt to overthrow Israel and make Israel "Palestine."  

No, because the Tanakh (OT) predates Islam and Jews, unlike Muslims are not pagans.  The Muslims are pagans.   "allah" is the god of war knowng during ancient Arab polytheistism as "elahu" who was the Arab god of war.  His symbol was the crescent moon as he was a moon god.  That is why his symbol of the moon is a part of Arab culture today.   Allah is an variation on elahu.  To worship allah makes one a pagan.  A TRUE Christian would NEVER refer to god by a pagan name like that.

The Jewish people have preserved the word of God, in the OT.  The OT reveals who God is and what His true Name is.  Islam is a false religion, not simply because the deny Jesus, but because they worship a pagan god.    Judaism is a false religion because they deny Jesus and because Judaism today is not based on the Scriptures, but they don't worship a different god.  They are not pagans, even though they believe wrong things about God and Jesus.   I would be far more comfortable in a synagogue than in any mosque.  Mosques are pagan temples.

You are making a huge assumption saying that I don't know any Palestinians who are genuine Christians. That is an assumption you can not legitimately make.

I would not call Judaism a false religion. Judaism today does not include the belief that Jesus is the Messiah so salvation is an issue, but, Judaism is based on the OT. The OT is the words of God. The Mosaic covenant is a God given religion. It is supposed to point to the Messiah but is not a false religion.

So what are the errors of Judaism? First, according to the law, the people were reliant on the judges and priests. The judges and priests were to judge the correct way to keep the law. The judges were to judge righteously, and the people were required to obey the judges. At the time of Jesus, Jesus realized that the judges, those who sat on Moses seat, were not judging righteously, but according to the Mosaic law, Jesus admonished the people to obey.

Matthew 23:1  Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to His disciples, saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the chair of Moses; therefore all that they tell you, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds; for they say things and do not do them.

So what is Judaism guilty of? Not recognizing Jesus. There is no salvation apart from Jesus, but that does not make Judaism a false religion. It is a pre-Jesus religion with no eternal salvation but not a false religion.

Surely false if relied upon for communion with God, since Judaism cannot deliver such?

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.97
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Surely false if relied upon for communion with God, since Judaism cannot deliver such?

They still worship the same God though. It would be better to refer to them as a failed religion rather than a false one.