Adstar

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Hello all i have got a question from a non-Christian about the description of Melchizedek in hebrews 7. I am looking for the best way to reply to this question. if anyone has a good reply please give it.

Hebrews 7

1 For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him, 2to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated "king of righteousness," and then also king of Salem, meaning "king of peace," 3without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.

Question:

For a person "Without father or mother, without geneology, without beginning of days or end of life" is surely a describtion of God.

So is Melchizedek another God?

The questioner is claiming that the book of Hebrews is calling the OT priest Melchizedek a God. :P

looking forward to your posts

All Praise the Ancient of Days

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings Adstar,

If you don't have a copy of E-Sword, please d/l FREE from:

http://www.esword.com

Also d/l all the commentaries, graphics and everything else they offer. It is a great Bible. The commentaries will give you what you are asking for.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

This is what my New King James Bible says...

Melchizidek is a type of Christ in his high priestly ministry.

Like Melchizidek Jesus Christ is a universal priest, and he is at once both Priest and King. The silence concerning Melchizidek's ancestry, pedigree, birth and deathillustrates the eternal and changeless priesthood of Christ.

The fact that Abraham paid tithes to, and was blessed by Melchizidek shows Melchizidek's superiority. Thus he is a true typical representative of Christ who is alive forever more.

Yomotalking

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Since Melchizedek means "King of Righteousness" many believe he was God the Son preincarnate.

Melchizedek was a body created by GOD to inpart HIMSELF to walk among men. Melchizedek is GOD. Christ is also Melchizedek and also GOD. Only this time born of man, tempted by the devil, overcame the flesh and became the example and sacrefice for all who would follow HIM to salvation.

Ge 14:18

Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine; he was the priest of God Most High.

Ps 110:4

The Lord has sworn And will not relent, "You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek."

Heb 5:6

As He also says in another place: "You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek";

Heb 5:10

called by God as High Priest "according to the order of Melchizedek,"

Heb 6:20

where the forerunner has entered for us, even Jesus, having become High Priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.

Heb 7:1

For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him,

Heb 7:10

for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him.

Heb 7:11

Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron?

Heb 7:15

And it is yet far more evident if, in the likeness of Melchizedek, there arises another priest

Heb 7:17

For He testifies: "You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek."

Heb 7:21

(for they have become priests without an oath, but He with an oath by Him who said to Him: "The Lord has sworn And will not relent, 'You are a priest forever* According to the order of Melchizedek' "),+

In CHRIST JESUS :wub::thumbsup::wub::wub:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/22/1983

Um.. then the "fourth" part of the "trinity" is Malckzadeck?

Greetings Adstar,

I hope you are not listening to this nonsense about Melchizedek being God. No one at any time has seen God, but only the Son. The Holy Spirit was never given to be IN a person until Pentecost.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Dad E - help! I know the following verses say

Jhn 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him].

1Jo 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

BUT - then we have these scriptures:

Gen 5:22 And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:

Gen 6:9 These [are] the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man [and] perfect in his generations, [and] Noah walked with God.

Gen 32:30 And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Jdg 13:22 And Manoah said unto his wife, We shall surely die, because we have seen God.

I have always had trouble reconcilling these. Perhaps walking with God does not mean literally? But what of the other direct statements? :thumbsup:

:P

Greetings Traveller,

Consider:

ADAM

Genesis 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

MOSES

Exodus 33:22-23 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by: 23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

Exodus 24:16-17 And the glory of the LORD abode upon mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days: and the seventh day he called unto Moses out of the midst of the cloud. 17 And the sight of the glory of the LORD was like devouring fire on the top of the mount in the eyes of the children of Israel.

I do not recall one instance in the OT that ANYONE has seen the Lord. They have seen His angels and I believe too many people contend that instances of angel visitation was actually the Lord Jesus Christ, which I do not believe.

Consistently in the OT, as with the NT, we see but only a "reflection" of God and I do not believe anyone shall SEE Him until we have been changed to be "like Christ", and ushered into His presence.

Statements by individuals, other than God, I believe are not accurate, such as Jacob's. He wrestled with an "angel of the Lord" believe me when compared to mere human mortality, angels are exceptionally large and mighty with their own "glory" about them, so I think it would be natural for Jacob to believe he had been in the presence of God.

Even John in Revelation fell down as though dead before an angel, but the angel quickly told him that the was ONLY a fellow servant.

Now just consider yourself confronting an "angel of the Lord" without the knowledge you have now of the Word of God. I would bet you a dollar to a doughnut that you would think you were visited by God.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

SkilletRocksMyFace 

Um.. then the "fourth" part of the "trinity" is Malckzadeck?

You didn't read my post to try and understand it. Did you?

The first part of the trinity is Melchizidek. The first part of the trinity is CHRIST. The first part of the trinity is GOD. And the first part of the trinity is the HOLY SPIRIT.

And here is the first commandment.

Mr 12:29

Jesus answered him, "The first of all the commandments is: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.

In CHRIST JESUS :laugh::24::):emot-hug: