Do we have a computer fixer on board?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

I alSO clicked on bitdefender and it is repairing files ...maybe this will worK?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends...but I'm willing to bet that you got a stop code of 0x0000003B...if so, then it's the result of a bad video driver.

Does that look like the code that was give

Yes,that's the file number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1957

OK...Kind of thought that might be the case.

IF (big "if" here) the video card itself is OK...then the driver for that card has become unusable, and is causing the conflict.

Can you still boot into safe mode?

btw...grabbing supper...be back in half an hour or less, Lord willing!

I can still connect online through safe mode.

When I did restart the pc I  clicked by accident on media centre and it gave me the message that tv and media might not work as expected because  video card does not meet requirements to meet minimum memory of 64 of video ram ,update driver or install new video card. My husband is putting the tv cable back in the pc to see if this will make a difference..

It looks we're getting somewhere?

Thank you guys!!

I see now that there a lot of nvdia drivers installed,also hd driver? (high defenition)

Thanks for asking how my trip to Halifax went, everything went well,I did go to see a eye surgeon for pain around my eyes,he told me that it's not from my eyes and that he will talk to my doctor,may to see a neurologist and to take Advil or any anti inflammatory meds. (This is a problem I have for years ......the doctor called it headaches <I though  I always thought it  was eye pain.  I do also have eye allergies:(

media centre does not work with the  tv cable connected

I'll definitely keep you in prayer on that!!!

Now..onto the computer... :biggrinflip:

What happens is this: When the system boots, the OS first searches itself for a driver to run whatever it is that needs to run (e.g the video card). The folder containing the driver is on the HDD. If it can not find the driver internally, then it will install a copy from Windows Update.

In your case, there is a conflict or corrupted driver that is (hopefully) causing the problems you've had...so what we need to do is to "clean out" the old drivers for the video card and force the machine to install a clean copy of the driver.

I'll give you step by step instructions in the next post. :)

OK...you'll need to do this in the order listed...so either print this out or keep your husband's computer up where you can see it.

Boot into Safe Mode.

START>Computer (double click)

You will see hard disk drives listed, double click on Local Disk (C:)

You will see folder icons listed with the names next to them. If there is a folder labeled NVIDIA right click and select "delete". Confirm and delete the folder. (NOTE: If there is no NVIDIA folder listed, simply go to the next step. If it is listed, delete it and go to the next step)

Navigate to the folder that says Program Files and double click. Go to NVIDIA, right click and select "delete". Confirm  if asked and delete the folder.

Go to the blue "back" arrow in the upper left hand corner and click on it.

Navigate to the folder that says Program Files (x86) and double click it. Go to NVIDIA, right click and select "delete". Confirm and delete the folder.

Click the X in the upper right hand corner, and you should be back at the main screen.

Click START and type Device Manager in the search box.

When the device manager opens, Click on Display Adapters which will open the drop down to NVIDIA GeForce G 210. Right click and select uninstall. confirm and uninstall as you did before.

Reboot the computer NORMALLY...let it boot just as it normally would...

What is going to happen is that since there are no longer any NVIDIA drivers on the HDD, the system will identify the video card as new hardware and install a clean copy of the driver from windows update.

If that doesn't work, then the only real option will be to get another video card IMO.

OK...you'll need to do this in the order listed...so either print this out or keep your husband's computer up where you can see it.

Boot into Safe Mode.

You will see folder icons listed with the names next to them. If there is a folder labeled NVIDIA right click and select "delete". Confirm and delete the folder. (NOTE: If there is no NVIDIA folder listed, simply go to the next step. If it is listed, delete it and go to the next step)

Navigate to the folder that says Program Files and double click. Go to NVIDIA, right click and select "delete". Confirm  if asked and delete the folder.

Navigate to the folder that says Program Files (x86) and double click it. Go to NVIDIA, right click and select "delete". Confirm and delete the folder.

Click the X in the upper right hand corner, and you should be back at the main screen.

When the device manager opens, Click on Display Adapters which will open the drop down to NVIDIA GeForce G 210. Right click and select uninstall. confirm and uninstall as you did before.

What is going to happen is that since there are no longer any NVIDIA drivers on the HDD, the system will identify the video card as new hardware and install a clean copy of the driver from windows update.

If that doesn't work, then the only real option will be to get another video card IMO.

thanks will try now....

Boot into Safe Mode.

After reinstalling and restarting this came up:error in nvcpl.dll missing entry:nvstartupafterfirstrunafterinstusersaccount.

After reinstalling and restarting :rundll came up saying Error in nvcpl.dll missing entry :nvstartupfirstrunafterinstUsersaccount