• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  436
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/31/1974

Why is it that the more I pray for situations sometimes the situation gets worse? There are so many things that I pray for and the more I pray the situation the worse off the situation gets.

I give you one example:

I have been praying for my friend Fred to get saved. It seems like the more I pray for him the worse off he gets. The more I pray for him to make wise choices, the worse off his choices gets. There's is saying, that says, "Prayer Changes." What's with that?

Can anyone help me to understand? 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  11/08/1952

Instead of praying for Fred to be "saved" - which is in itself a bogus prayer - you should just say to God - "Your will be done" - and let God take care of it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

One way to understand better is that: The Kingdom of God is exactly opposite to "the world'...and we have to remember what caused us to Call out to God? It sure wasn't because I was in a rose garden enjoying the roses and the tulips...Now with God I am enjoying the roses and the tulips...but what got me to God? Unless I had suffered immeasurably I would never have called out...God takes what is bad and turns it for good if we are expecting Him to do that...and believe me...I wondered if I would get through it all...

You are right to pray for Mr. Fred and his salvation...but the Bible also says that sometimes we ask amiss and so we don't get the answer we desire...and we also have to check our heart...Why am I praying for him? Do I have a selfish motive? Yeah, I have to be honest with God and myself...(Not saying you are...just writing some things that have helped me along the way.)

In a lost person...they don't know they are lost...I sure didn't...I was just fine...so my Grandmother, as far as I know was the only one praying for me...and all hell started breaking loose...what if she had run up to me and said, "Kathy, I'm so sorry...I have been praying for you...Nope...Keep praying for those eyes to be opened and that heart to be softened and laborers to cross his path...and even everytime you see him just wait for The Lord to put a Word in you for him...The Lord will open the door...The Lord does the drawing...through us sometimes...Also we have to admit that we are only a small part...What if God has in mind that 1 year from now, someone else will lead Fred to Himself...Am I ok with that? I have to be ok with that...I can't take the responsibility for someone's salvation...That God's Job...I just do what He puts in me to do and leave the results up to Him...Many many times I remind God that this is His Ministry in me and He is responsible for it...(It helps me to do that.) It helps me to sacrifice my life again and again for His Will To Be Done...

Just a little testimony...I'm living the part where Jesus separates us from our natural family...They want no part of what God has done in me...It's sad...I can't help it that I'm honest now...Didn't mean for this to happen...A while back, there was one day that I was talking to my brother on the phone and the first time that it ever happened to me-this was a miracle-the words came out of my mouth about him being saved-and it was not conscious on my part at all!!! I wasn't even thinking those words at the time...Miraculous is all I can say...and he informed me that he was going to get rich...It's been over 5 years since I've even talked to him much and he just lives up the road...There have been umpteen times my brother should have been dead already...he is a smoker and a heavy drinker...and fights...we have in the past conversed-he was of course drinking-but he knows Jesus real well...not a problem...yep...anyway...also my mom has smoked for over 40 years...I've never seen these effects on a person before like this anyway...and it's only been within the last 2 years...She has totally changed for the worst...Looks possessed now...Whew...chain smokes...can't get much done because she has a cigarette in her hand at all times...if not it's burning in the ashtray...I don't go over much...can't breathe it anymore...so I pray and cry...she is 72...

Well I've waited...I really would like to have my family back...healed and whole...

Here's the miracle: My mom informed me that about 3 weeks ago she went on the electronical cigarettes...Well she told me all about it...that my brother had too...Ok I'm seeing progress...They aren't dead yet there is still hope...so now my hope is renewed again and I'm still praying...Knowing my God is hearing me because change is happening...It's really true it happens in His Time I just have to be faithful...What does The Bible say about patience? Go to Biblegateway. com and keyword search all the scriptures with "patience"...Or a concordance...God's Word is Wonderful!!! I want to get deeper into it...Have Hope and Faith In God...Whew...He does love us even when we didn't Love Him...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I have been praying for my friend Fred to get saved. It seems like the more I pray for him the worse off he gets. The more I pray for him to make wise choices, the worse off his choices gets. There's is saying, that says, "Prayer Changes." What's with that?

Maybe he needs to hit rock bottom before he be able to come to the point of acknowledging his need for Jesus?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

Maybe he needs to hit rock bottom before he be able to come to the point of acknowledging his need for Jesus?

+1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/21/1970

Dawn I understand how you feel. I have been praying for family members whose situation just seems to get progressively worse. Learning to pray that God's will be done instead of what I think needs doing is helping and I am constantly being reminded to trust in the Lord with all my heart and to not lean on my own understanding. God knows the plans that he has and he knows what needs to happen to fulfill His will and just because I can't see progress doesn't mean that there isn't progress. You know what I mean? When I came to the Lord, is was a sudden, about face and I'm sure my loved ones who were praying for me never saw improvement in my situation right up to the moment I repented and finally accepted Jesus. As long as our friends and loved ones are still breathing, there is hope. I'll be praying for your friend.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Why is it that the more I pray for situations sometimes the situation gets worse? There are so many things that I pray for and the more I pray the situation the worse off the situation gets.

I give you one example:

Can anyone help me to understand? 

Well one thing that is happening is that you are praying more. Sometimes God uses situations to His perfect ends that we will never be able to understand. I know dozens of cases of prayer being answered in ways that I could never had begun to think of. God is just awesome.

Keep praying and watch, His Will will be done.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  436
  • Birthday:  07/31/1974

Thank you all for your spiritual insight. Many of you all have confirmed what I have learned to be true about God. Sometimes I tend to have that itellectual believe, however, I somtimes tend to struggle to believe it in my heart. I think satan has me decieved into thinking it's something more to this.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

sounds like maybe where you placed your motives at concerning fred. Is it more for him or you?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  545
  • Days Won:  1

Whenever you pray for someone's salvation you are never praying amiss..it is God's will that none should perish.. Remember satan is the ruler of this present world and he does not want anyone to be saved..he will do his best to deceive Fred.

Don't give up praying for Fred's salvation you are praying in God's will.