• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/20/1987

I can definitely relate.  God has perfect timing, even if we can't understand why things seem to get worse. We can't see the big picture like He can! No matter how much we witness and try to change someone's heart, it's ultimately not our job. The reason we shouldn't stop, though, is because we don't ever know how the Holy Spirit is using us in someone else's life, even if it takes 20 years before they come around.

Omegaman gave me some really good advice on another thread: "Pray, and pray some more, and pray again, and if they have not accepted Jesus, then assume that you have not prayed enough yet." God is good, all the time, and He knows each situation.

13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 

14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it John 14:13-14
Edited by Widor1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

A dyiing animal may kick harder in its death throes, than ever it kicked in life........

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  07/31/1974

Thank You post #13!

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

Instead of praying for Fred to be "saved" - which is in itself a bogus prayer - you should just say to God - "Your will be done" - and let God take care of it.

Yes,I agree.But I think that saying it is a "bogus" prayer is insulting to Dawn.When we pray we always pray not for what we want but "Your Will Be Done Lord".Sometimes the outcome is not want we might want but it is what God wants and that is important. :mgcheerful:

Instead of praying for Fred to be "saved".... you should just say to God - "Your will be done" - and let God take care of it.

~

Thy

Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. James 4:2

Will

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:8-9

Be

And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;

Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:

And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.

And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;

Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.

And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.

And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? Luke 18:1-8

Done

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

~

Praying~!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Instead of praying for Fred to be "saved" - which is in itself a bogus prayer - you should just say to God - "Your will be done" - and let God take care of it.

Praying for someone to be saved is NOT a bogus prayer, you are judging someone elses communication with God and who are you to decide that they are wrong? Yes to pray that God's will to be done is fine, but let's not think that we are so righteous to judge someone elses prayer.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Why is it that the more I pray for situations sometimes the situation gets worse? There are so many things that I pray for and the more I pray the situation the worse off the situation gets.

When you pray are you expecting the answer to be what YOU want it to be? Are you really listening to GOD and His answer which may not be what you want it to be?

Sometimes we so desire that it be the answer we want that we fail to see that maybe God answered in a different way. We have to be open to the possibility that it will be NO or Not now.

As for your prayer for salvation for Fred, keep praying.

Years ago, I had a similar situation. There was a family in our church-the father came to church with his family but was not saved. For years everyone had been praying for him. One day, at the end of the service, the invitation was given. We were singing and no one came forward. The singing stopped. Instead of the final prayer, the preacher stated he felt led to sing one more verse of the song. When we got half way through it, that man stepped out, went to the altar, and accepted Jesus. The praise the Lord's, Amens, and Halleujah's went up loudly at that moment. Tears of joy were shed, not a dry eye remained. His name-Leon. He stated that he felt at the last possible moment that the feeling he had was so strong he could not overcome it and he took that step after resisting it for so long. He finally made his choice and it was right one. Today he is still a very good friend to me and my family and is the minister of a local church. He has come a long way from the man he used to be.

The only thing you can do for Fred is pray for him in love. Begging, in my opinion, won't accomplish anything-no matter what you are praying for. Be a friend to him and if you talk to him about it do it in love. Don't hit him over the head with your Bible, for that can run people off. Be a good example to him-actions do speak louder than words.

Since God gives us free will, Fred is the one who will have to make that decision. I do hope that he is so convicted that he says YES.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

A dyiing animal may kick harder in its death throes, than ever it kicked in life........

ain't that the truth!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  07/31/1974

Someone mentioned earlier that Fred could be lost and don't even know he is lost. I know I have shared with him the need to know God. But I now pray that the Lord will allow whatever situation to place to show him the need for God. I always ask the Lord to show him better than I was ever able to tell him or show him.