• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1967

To the OP or the topic in general.   I've always been a bit puzzled by the activity around this kind of thing (folks spending a lot of effort to pin point the exact time of the rapture or the end of the world)   I think its my old Lutheran sensabilities kicking in (the pastors and others I knew growing up saw this as a bit of a waste of time).   Christ himself said that nobody would know the exact time of the End of the world, and I would put even the rapture into that category.   About all we can do on the subject is look at the "weather signs" as far as wars, famines, and other catastrophes go.

And of course even the rapture itself wasn't an official theological term/concept until Darby came along...    (When you put that into the longterm view of Church history that can be an issue, in terms of catholicity/orthodoxy etc.)

Edited by Addai

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/07/1942

Hey Floatingaxe,

the Greek word, '(h)arpazo', found in scripture 14 times. It's definition is:

to seize, carry off by force
    to seize on, claim for one's self eagerly
    to snatch out or away

Jesus Christ will come to lay claim to His own eagerly.

I find the definition of '(h)arpazo', found in scripture fits what is described as the first resurrection.

Remember that Christ said in John 17:15 "I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one.

Just a thought, and not aiming anything at anyone.

When The disciples ask Christ about His return in Matthew 24, The first thing He warned His disciples was to Take heed that no one deceives you. He was talking to His disciples about them being deceived. The only way I know how to keep from being deceived is through knowledge. (Maybe someone knows of another way) I know I don’t have the knowledge of the disciples so I know not to say I can’t be deceived. I have had to repent. (Change) If there was something, say the Great Tribulation, and we were told to prepare for it by our God. How would Satan deceive a lot of people so they would die? Maybe start a rumor that we would be taken out of the way, no need to get ready. I find a lot of people are easy to deceive, Christ gave one sign, that he would be in the grave 3 days and 3 nights, People just believe without question that there are 3 days and 3 nights from Friday at sunset til Sunday morning before sunrise. I bet Satan laughs about that one.

Matt 24:3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?
Matt 24:4 And Jesus answered and said to them: "Take heed that no one deceives you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Hey Floatingaxe, 

the Greek word, '(h)arpazo', found in scripture 14 times. It's definition is:

to seize, carry off by force

to seize on, claim for one's self eagerly

to snatch out or away

Jesus Christ will come to lay claim to His own eagerly.

I find the definition of '(h)arpazo', found in scripture fits what is described as the first resurrection.

Remember that Christ said in John 17:15 "I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one.

Just a thought, and not aiming anything at anyone.

When The disciples ask Christ about His return in Matthew 24, The first thing He warned His disciples was to Take heed that no one deceives you. He was talking to His disciples about them being deceived. The only way I know how to keep from being deceived is through knowledge. (Maybe someone knows of another way) I know I don’t have the knowledge of the disciples so I know not to say I can’t be deceived. I have had to repent. (Change) If there was something, say the Great Tribulation, and we were told to prepare for it by our God. How would Satan deceive a lot of people so they would die? Maybe start a rumor that we would be taken out of the way, no need to get ready. I find a lot of people are easy to deceive, Christ gave one sign, that he would be in the grave 3 days and 3 nights, People just believe without question that there are 3 days and 3 nights from Friday at sunset til Sunday morning before sunrise. I bet Satan laughs about that one.

Matt 24:3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?

Matt 24:4 And Jesus answered and said to them: "Take heed that no one deceives you.

Yes, it is the same as the first resurrection. John 17:15 has no direct reference to that Day.

I don't put any stock in people's views that take something the word of God explicitly teaches and says it is of Satan. That's pretty openly goofy.

I don't put any stock in people's views that take something the word of God explicitly teaches and says it is of Satan. That's pretty openly goofy.

You need to explain what you are talking about. ?  Do you mean you can count three days and three nights from Friday sunset until Sunday before sunrise.

As for the rapture, it would be nice to exit the earth to avoid being tested and refined as gold (I really don’t think so, I'll stay for the test) unless someone can show some scriptures, I have to think the world is deceived.

Edited by OneLight

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Rev 3:10 - Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth.

We won't be at this trial or test. This is a test for all those who live on the earth.  Yet we are kept from this hour of trial.  If we were to be tested with the world, we would be here with them.  Israel will be refined like silver and test them as gold through this process according to Zech 13: 8,9.  We are not of Israel.

In Christ

Montana Marv

You need to explain what you are talking about. ?  Do you mean you can count three days and three nights from Friday sunset until Sunday before sunrise.

As for the rapture, it would be nice to exit the earth to avoid being tested and refined as gold (I really don’t think so, I'll stay for the test) unless someone can show some scriptures, I have to think the world is deceived.

The Great Tribulation is no test. Where do you get the idea that it is? It is the time of "Jacob's Trouble", where God will pour out wrath on the unbelieving world, and minister to Israel.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

TW

It is more likely that the crucifixion was on Thursday  John 19:1 - Now it was the day of  Preparation, and the next day was to be a special Sabbath (a different) Sabbath; the Passover leading to the exodus.  A feastible Sabbath and then the 7th day Sabbath.

This is not a part of the OP, just a side note for TW, I will not respond to this subject on this thread.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Hey Montana Marv,

I see you can count to three, or understand what I was saying. Some people don’t even think about it. Sorry about getting a little of the subject, but I think all the bible is all tied together.

Rev 3:10 - Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth.

We won't be at this trial or test. This is a test for all those who live on the earth.  Yet we are kept from this hour of trial.  If we were to be tested with the world, we would be here with them.  Israel will be refined like silver and test them as gold through this process according to Zech 13: 8,9.  We are not of Israel.

These people in Rev 3 are the church in Philadelphia They are the same ones Rev 7 and Rev 14 that have been given the Father’s name. They don’t have to go anywhere, when they are given the Father’s name they are protected from the evil one (Satan) (John 17:15)

They have to be here during the tribulation to take care of God’s household, they are the firstfruits, sealed during the opening of the 6th seal, just before the start of the Great Tribulation. These are all from Israel (Rev 7)  If you are not of Israel, what are you?

Rev 3:10 "Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.

Rev 3:11 "Behold, I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown. Rev 3:12 "He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. And I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.

John 17:15 "I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one

Hey Floatingaxe, I am sorry, I could have used kinder words.

I also don’t mean to be openly pretty, or openly goofy, although some women do stare at me and giggle.

The Great Tribulation is no test. Where do you get the idea that it is? It is the time of "Jacob's Trouble", where God will pour out wrath on the unbelieving world, and minister to Israel.

The Great Tribulation is no test. Where do you get the idea that it is?

I will Quote Montana Marv for your answer

"Jacob's Trouble",  Remember that Jacob is Israel

Hey Floatingaxe, I am sorry, I could have used kinder words.

I also don’t mean to be openly pretty, or openly goofy, although some women do stare at me and giggle.

The Great Tribulation is no test. Where do you get the idea that it is?

I will Quote Montana Marv for your answer

"Jacob's Trouble",  Remember that Jacob is Israel

The trial is for the earth's inhabitants, including Israel---not the Church of Jesus Christ, which is absent at that time. Nowhere in scripture is it ever mentioned that the redeemed go through these judgments. In fact it is said at every judgment that comes that no one repents. It is for the unbelieving world.

Why else do you think it is referred to as "Jacob's Trouble"? Israel doesn't accept their Messiah, but the Church does.