IGNORED

Do you think we will literally live in mansions in heaven?

missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

It is too easy to allow our western conceptions drive our theology on stuff like this.  For what would we need "mansions" in heaven?   I don't think Jesus is talking about a 152 room house with 100 acres of real estate.  

The problem is that heaven is far and away greater than anything we have a point of reference for in our experience.  The stuff we are going to see and experience in heaven are unimaginable.  I think when we talk about mansions, in our western conceptualizations, it is thinking too small.   Eye has not seen and ear has not heard...

i think it is just a good healthy morale booster. I think down deep we all know no matter what our little minds conjure up is not really what it will be like we really can not imagine.

Yes,like the song."I Can Only Imagine" Mercy Me.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I look forward to whatever Jesus has for me.  Personally I would love a little log house with lots of room around me.  I want to look out my window and see the streets of gold and  just being in awe of our God.  I can't wait until Jesus wraps His arms around me and welcomes me to His Kingdom.  I want to meet the saints that have gone on before me. One person that I look forward to meeting is the centurion that said after the death of Jesus " Truly  this is the Son of God.  I believe that was that man's statement of faith and that he rests in Heaven today. For me it really doesn't matter, I only care that I see Jesus wherever I look.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

I look forward to whatever Jesus has for me.  Personally I would love a little log house with lots of room around me.  I want to look out my window and see the streets of gold and  just being in awe of our God.  I can't wait until Jesus wraps His arms around me and welcomes me to His Kingdom.  I want to meet the saints that have gone on before me. One person that I look forward to meeting is the centurion that said after the death of Jesus " Truly  this is the Son of God.  I believe that was that man's statement of faith and that he rests in Heaven today. For me it really doesn't matter, I only care that I see Jesus wherever I look.  

Log houses are really cool. :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Thats what is recommended for us on earth, I too would hope for my space

Isa 5:8

Woe unto them that join house to house, that lay field to field, till there be no place, that they may be placed alone in the midst of the earth!