IGNORED

Can a someone "claim" to be "Spirit-Filled"...

George

Guest ninhao

I get you. In some ways I wish we would "get over it" and be a lot more rational (as a body) about how we deal with them. On the other hand, I would not want to discourage anyone from biblical sexual morality.

If I substitute "them" with "sinners" what is the rational way the Church should deal with "them sinners"  iyo ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I get you. In some ways I wish we would "get over it" and be a lot more rational (as a body) about how we deal with them. On the other hand, I would not want to discourage anyone from biblical sexual morality.

If I substitute "them" with "sinners" what is the rational way the Church should deal with "them sinners"  iyo ?

I'd love to see less "pat answers" and more genuine approachable-ness. Something equally as truthful but with more grace, a bit more softness etc. We were once like them. Do you remember what it was like to be a non believer first working this stuff out?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,353
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The Lord called lie a lie, immorality- immorality, He never waivered from the purity of Holiness yet He reacted to sin with violence  Jn 2:15, Strong Words  Mt 23:33,

uncompromising statements   Jn 8:11, let's follow The Teachers example when it comes to sin...  Love, Steven

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

This is what it means to me. 

"Some people are gay and since there's nothing you can do about, you might as well get over it."

Well, tag other things in there, and what do you think?

"Some churches have pictures of Jesus on their walls. Get over it."

Or how about, "Jesus died for everyone, get over it."

"Jesus died for everyone" is not something I want to "get over." Nor would I want anyone to "get over".

I don't think the effort should be abandoned, but I believe the tactics need to be revised.

We preach to the secular world on the perils of homosexuality, while in our midst or what appears to be in our midst, we have the Westboro Baptist Church and other christian denominations that openly support the gay agenda.

I realize that no true born again child of God would ever support such an agenda, but the secular world doesn't make that distinction. If we want the world to take us serious, our witness needs to be true. 

Some house cleaning is in order.

OK, I can appreciate what you say here. But that "get over it" sign implies God accepts the condition of the person.

(Imagine that sign hanging in Sodom, for instance.)

The problem I struggle with in this is how to show love and acceptance to the person while opposing the nationalization of the sin.

OK, I can appreciate what you say here. But that "get over it" sign implies God accepts the condition of the person.

You see it one way, I see it another.

And if that sign was hanging in Sodom, the Lord would've still vaporized them.

The problem I struggle with in this is how to show love and acceptance to the person while opposing the nationalization of the sin.

Loving your neighbor as yourself comes to mind.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

George started this post as, Can someone claim to be spirit filled. Read the last ten posts or so in this thread and tell me where the SpirIt is, let alone if He is filling anything?

George started this post as, Can someone claim to be spirit filled. Read the last ten posts or so in this thread and tell me where the SpirIt is, let alone if He is filling anything?

I just looked over the last ten posts. I see nothing out of place. Yeah, it took a detour from the topic but I see nothing to be riled about. You've been here long enough to know that threads rarely stay on topic.

You see it one way, I see it another.

OK, if that's how you see it. But I still have a hard time believing God would address people in such a way that it sounds more like He's flipping the person off rather than correcting them.

Even in His rebukes to the Pharisees et al, Jesus spoke words of life and truth.

"Get over it" is neither.

And if that sign was hanging in Sodom, the Lord would've still vaporized them.

A sign like that is Sodom would have been a mockery of God.

"Hey Lot, we're gay. God says, 'Get over it.' So give us the two men!"

I can appreciate your conviction about Christians not being involved in politics, but you really should realize a message like that sign is a terrible way to make that point.

Loving your neighbor as yourself comes to mind.

Problem is, I don't equate nationalizing sin as loving my neighbor as myself.

I can appreciate your conviction about Christians not being involved in politics, but you really should realize a message like that sign is a terrible way to make that point.

It's just a sign. I don't remember giving it my stamp of approval.

Problem is, I don't equate nationalizing sin as loving my neighbor as myself.

Who said you had too? You said you struggled with how to show love and acceptance to an individual. Treating people the way you want to be treated doesn't mean you accept or approve of that individuals sinful behavior.