MarkNigro

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3

The Holy Bible is a complete book. It is God's revelation to mankind.

It is how God speaks to us today.

Jesus Christ, who is the Lord God Almighty, proclaimed the following.

John 3:14-16

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perishbut have everlasting life.

Do you believe that?

Paul declared the gospel of salvation (the good news of Jesus Christ) in the following passage.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Do you believe that?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Sanh,

I am responding to your comments but before I do there are some questions I must ask because although several other forum members have very thoroughly & clearly explained answers to your questions you continue to ask the same questions.

My questions are:

1. Are you a born-again Christian?

2. Are you confused about the bible & Christianity and seeking the truth about Jesus, about God, and about the Bible?

3. Do you believe that God speaks to us verbally or through some form other than through His written word/the Bible?

Next, I am going to reply to some of your responses to my posts.

You replied to the article “What Does it Mean to Believe in Jesus?” by saying:

“I am saddened by his immediate actions after his prayer asking God to show him what he needs to know about believing in Jesus - reading the bible his very first time. Not that I am against anyone who read the bible but it is the way that Larry did - substitute the bible to God by saying "As I started to read John 1:1 immediately I recognized that God was showing me the truth about His word and about Jesus that I had not seen before." He (Larry) was just reading from the bible at that time and God was not yet showing him (Larry) anything coming from Him (God) in His (God) own terms/ways of living, did He (God)?

My response to your comment:

You said that you were saddened by the way I did it by substituting the bible to God. (I am assuming that you mean that I substituted the bible for God.) That I was just reading the bible at that time and that God was not yet showing me anything coming from God in His own terms/ways of living. I want to clarify here, as I mentioned in the article, that I was raised in church and had heard the Gospel message preached many, many times; also I had read parts of the bible in church but not at home which was where I was reading when God showed me the truth that I was seeking from Him.

The bible explains that God speaks to us through His written word, the bible, by the Holy Spirit. John 16:13 “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.” John 14:26 “But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.”

Next, you said “and no wonder that his testimonies are flooded now with bible verses together with his own interpretation/understanding, what else is new compared to other testimonies of various local churches everywhere around the globe? I don't see anything about God's response in His own terms/ways of living in connection with Larry's call to God - for God (not the bible if I may add) to show him what he needs to know about believing in Jesus.”

My response:

The bible IS God’s way of communication to us. The bible is where we find God’s plan for our redemption/salvation; the Gospel message. The bible is where we find how to live our lives in a way that is pleasing & honoring to God.

2 Timothy 3:16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:” Scripture is the Written Word of God.

Hebrews 4:12 “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”

In other words, God’s response in his own way of responding was by showing me exactly what I needed to know/understand about believing in Jesus for forgiveness of my sins as I read His Written Word (2 Timothy 3:16 and Hebrews 4:12). The Holy Spirit, God, was doing exactly the work He is supposed to do (John 16:13, John 14:26). That IS God’s response IN HIS OWN TERMS!

John 4:23-24 “But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.”

John 17:17 “Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.”

These verses, 2 Timothy 3:16 & Hebrews 4:12 & John 4:23-24 & John 17:17, tell us that God is a spirit; that His terms for us to worship Him is in TRUTH; and that we find that truth in his Written Word.

Then you said:

My question to Larry is still the same - is the bible the Lord God or Lord Jesus? If not, then what he (Larry) believes in is what he has read on the bible which is not the Lord God who is alive and real. Do you not believe that God can respond to Larry's call in God's own ways of responding?

My response:

The bible is the Written Word of God which tells us about the Living Word of God, the Lord Jesus. The bible tells us of the Lord God & the Lord Jesus. AND that Jesus IS God. See scriptures below:

Exodus 3:14 “And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.” Here God says He is “I AM.”

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.” Here Jesus says He is “I AM.”

Matthew 1:23 “Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.” This says that Jesus is God with us.

John 14:9 “Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?” Jesus is saying that since Phillip has seen Him that He has seen the father; does this not mean that Jesus is God?

Your last comment was:

Every one in this forum and so with other fora(forums) of this nature has each his own respective understanding and misunderstanding of the scriptures in general. Not all in the scripture can be understood just like that. The question is who has the genuine understanding amongst us who read the bible? I categorically say that I do not have, how about you?

Saying the bible is "the word of God" means vague to me since God is alive and real and the Word of God is with Him (God), always. What I believe in the bible is that words that God uttered in the past are now recorded in it (bible). If I want to know the meaning of those words uttered by God in the past that are now in the bible, all I have to do is to come to and call on to God the way that Larry decided to out of his desperation - go and come straight to God and ask Him to teach me/us but this time, we have to learn the art of waiting to God to respond to our call.

My response:

I agree. I don’t know anyone who has a genuine understanding of all of the scripture. I do not understand all of the scripture.

The bible is the Written Word of God; it is God’s recorded message to all of mankind.

Yes, God is real and He is alive and the Living Word of God, the Lord Jesus, is with Him.

God is also with us. Jesus said He would send the Holy Spirit to live in us, true believers in the Gospel, when He ascended into heaven. John 16:13 “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.” John 14:26 “But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.”

The Holy Spirit gives us understanding of the truth of God’s written word, the bible, when we study the bible earnestly seeking truth and knowledge. Just casual reading of the bible doesn’t always result in true revelation from the Holy Spirit. I know from experience that when I study God’s word where I am really looking for God’s provision for some kind of need in my life is when I am studying in earnest. In other words if we study because we have a need that is so important that we give up our time for other things that we usually do so we can study God’s word, the bible, then that is studying in earnest. God will not disappoint anyone who seeks Him in earnest. Jeremiah 29:13 “And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. “

Yes, we wait on God to show us the truth as we study His word. While we wait we continue to study His word. God is not hiding the truth from us; the bible is the truth. We must study it daily.

A good bible believing church, one where the truth is preached, is a good place to learn and grow in God’s word. But first we must believe the Gospel message for forgiveness of our sin and be “born-again” into the family of God. Only then will we have the Holy Spirit living in us to reveal the truth of the bible as we study it.

Edited by john14:6

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

The Holy Bible is a complete book. It is God's revelation to mankind.

It is how God speaks to us today.

Jesus Christ, who is the Lord God Almighty, proclaimed the following.

John 3:14-16

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perishbut have everlasting life.

Do you believe that?

Paul declared the gospel of salvation (the good news of Jesus Christ) in the following passage.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Do you believe that?

1.  This is what I believe about the bible,

John 39.  Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

The bible is a book of testimony to the Lord Jesus Christ. People think they have eternal life in the bible. But the Lord Jesus says if we want eternal life, we have to come to Him.

John 40.  And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

2.  Regarding your claim that the bible is how God speaks to us today, can you please post any bible verse you know that may substantiate your claim in a biblical way?

3.  Yes, I do believe that putting all our trusts and beliefs in, to, into, and on the Lord Jesus is the key to everlasting life. But how shall we believe in, into, and on the Lord Jesus today in accordance to how Jesus is real and alive or in His own terms/ways of living?

4.  About Paul, I have my own reservation for him, I have to subject all his writings under the tutelage of the Lord Jesus Christ. I only believe in and on the Lord Jesus Christ.

5.  The bible to me is not the Lord Jesus Christ and it is my utmost desire to always learn from the Lord and subject all the bible passages I have read under the tutelage of the Lord Jesus in His own terms/ways of living.

Sanh,

I am responding to your comments but before I do there are some questions I must ask because although several other forum members have very thoroughly & clearly explained answers to your questions you continue to ask the same questions.

My questions are:

1. Are you a born-again Christian?

2. Are you confused about the bible & Christianity and seeking the truth about Jesus, about God, and about the Bible?

3. Do you believe that God speaks to us verbally or through some form other than through His written word/the Bible?

1.  I am a plain Christian, a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ and the Lord is my Teacher and Good Shepherd. I do believe that Jesus Christ is alive and real and He is not the bible for me to know who, what, and how He (Jesus) is in His own terms/ways of living. I always read my bible but keep to myself my own understanding/interpretation of the things I read in it and if I do want to know the true meaning of some passages the I go over with, I come to Jesus to ask Him.
  2. I am not confused about the bible and Christianity for I know that the bible is a book of testimony to the Lord Jesus Christ. Seeking the truth about Jesus is between the seeker and the Lord Jesus since the truth always emanates from the Lord Jesus Christ. The bible contains truths from the Lord God and Jesus Christ but for us to know those truths from the bible, we need to come today to Jesus to know same from Him (Jesus Christ).
  3. I do believe God speaks to people of all ages, including our time today and tomorrow, but same is through His own terms/ways/manners of speaking of whom He only is the one calling the shots all the time. God and Jesus has his own mouth to speak to us today, plain and simple thing for all of us to take into consideration in the first place.

Yes, we wait on God to show us the truth as we study His word. While we wait we continue to study His word. God is not hiding the truth from us; the bible is the truth. We must study it daily.

A good bible believing church, one where the truth is preached, is a good place to learn and grow in God’s word. But first we must believe the Gospel message for forgiveness of our sin and be “born-again” into the family of God. Only then will we have the Holy Spirit living in us to reveal the truth of the bible as we study it.

Nice to meet you this time Larry and I am happy to know that you yourself is the author of that article. The bible is not God and I am not sure if you may or may not accept that, how do you say now God showed you the truth when you are just coming from the bible which is not God. How did God show you the truth and how did God come to you? You seemed to skip that part for me to understand what you are saying in totality. The bible does not explain that God speaks to us through His written word, it is just you Larry who thinks it that way. The verses you posted above tell us that the Spirit of truth is the one who will guide us and speak to us, has that actually happened to you? If so, how did the Spirit come and introduce himself to you?

Larry, may you see that you are just expounding and making conclusions out of what you read and understand in the bible which is not God. You are not hearing anything from God for you to conclude these and that and those are the truth. Is God not real and alive to speak and talk to you? Does God do not have mouth to speak and talk to you came to and called on in Him the time you were desperate of all the things you do to obtain your own salvation? Where and where did the Lord God and Jesus teach that the bible is His way of communication to us today, where do you think God is at this very moment and what is God to you this time?

Your belief and understanding is truly different from what you may hear from God today should just learn to wait for Him (God) to respond to your call via two-way communication that God did in the past and today and, of course, tomorrow. God has his own mouth to speak to us, always. Bear that in mind and you will surely come to speak with God in His own terms/ways of living.

It is your belief that the bible is the written word of God and same is now clear to me. I just wonder this time why you can’t say anything if the bible is the Lord God or not per se? We do have different perception about the bible and that of the Lord God. I hope that you are saved by what you believe about the bible and God.

Now, we come to cross our paths with your statements “I agree. I don’t know anyone who has a genuine understanding of all of the scripture. I do not understand all of the scripture,” and I look at this as humbleness on your part.

But to put the bible in a place more than just a testimony to the Lord Jesus is totally out of my desire and intention and I am contented to treat it the way the Lord Jesus taught us – the bible is not the Lord God for us to know who, what, and how is He (God) in His own ways of living.

God bless you, Larry.

Nice to meet you this time Larry and I am happy to know that you yourself is the author of that article. The bible is not God and I am not sure if you may or may not accept that, how do you say now God showed you the truth when you are just coming from the bible which is not God. How did God show you the truth and how did God come to you? You seemed to skip that part for me to understand what you are saying in totality. The bible does not explain that God speaks to us through His written word, it is just you Larry who thinks it that way. The verses you posted above tell us that the Spirit of truth is the one who will guide us and speak to us, has that actually happened to you? If so, how did the Spirit come and introduce himself to you?

Larry, may you see that you are just expounding and making conclusions out of what you read and understand in the bible which is not God. You are not hearing anything from God for you to conclude these and that and those are the truth. Is God not real and alive to speak and talk to you? Does God do not have mouth to speak and talk to you came to and called on in Him the time you were desperate of all the things you do to obtain your own salvation? Where and where did the Lord God and Jesus teach that the bible is His way of communication to us today, where do you think God is at this very moment and what is God to you this time?

Your belief and understanding is truly different from what you may hear from God today should just learn to wait for Him (God) to respond to your call via two-way communication that God did in the past and today and, of course, tomorrow. God has his own mouth to speak to us, always. Bear that in mind and you will surely come to speak with God in His own terms/ways of living.

It is your belief that the bible is the written word of God and same is now clear to me. I just wonder this time why you can’t say anything if the bible is the Lord God or not per se? We do have different perception about the bible and that of the Lord God. I hope that you are saved by what you believe about the bible and God.

Now, we come to cross our paths with your statements “I agree. I don’t know anyone who has a genuine understanding of all of the scripture. I do not understand all of the scripture,” and I look at this as humbleness on your part.

But to put the bible in a place more than just a testimony to the Lord Jesus is totally out of my desire and intention and I am contented to treat it the way the Lord Jesus taught us – the bible is not the Lord God for us to know who, what, and how is He (God) in His own ways of living.

God bless you, Larry.

The reason God used the written word to communicate His truth to us is that the written word does not change and is not an opinion of a person or group of people.

Here is some examples of why the written word is needed to prevent mankind from forming an opinion about God, which in essence is just an idol.

History records many past peoples who actually sacrificed people to their god. Sometimes these were children. Sometimes they were alive. They actually claimed that their god communicated to them in some way. In reality it was just Satan and the other fallen angels, which are just devils.

Adolph Hitler had his version of God. Hitler and the Nazis exterminated millions.

Many people had communications from god and launched crusades.

That is why God put His laws and method of reconciliation in word.

The reason God used the written word to communicate His truth to us is that the written word does not change and is not an opinion of a person or group of people.

Here is some examples of why the written word is needed to prevent mankind from forming an opinion about God, which in essence is just an idol.

History records many past peoples who actually sacrificed people to their god. Sometimes these were children. Sometimes they were alive. They actually claimed that their god communicated to them in some way. In reality it was just Satan and the other fallen angels, which are just devils.

Adolph Hitler had his version of God. Hitler and the Nazis exterminated millions.

Are you speaking to us today under the authority of the real and alive Lord God of all ages, or are you putting God in a box, may we know which is which? Is God not real and alive to you?

Are you speaking to us today under the authority of the real and alive Lord God of all ages, or are you putting God in a box, may we know which is which? Is God not real and alive to you?

The Holy Bible declares to be from God Almighty the Creator of all things. No other book does that. Without a book you have just an opinion. But that is just an idol like a god in a box.

The Holy Bible also proves that it is the true word of God. 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

God bless you, Larry.

Sanh,

I am interested in knowing how you know who God is. How does God speak to you? How do you know what and how He is God in his own ways of living?

The Holy Bible declares to be from God Almighty the Creator of all things. No other book does that. Without a book you have just an opinion. But that is just an idol like a god in a box.

The Holy Bible also proves that it is the true word of God. 

I agree that the bible is from God but that doesn't make the bible God in the sense that if anyone wishes to know who, what, and how is God in His own way of living/existence, all that anyone has to do is to read the bible and know God from that book. If we want to know God, we have to come to God and call on in Him, talk to Him and ask Him to teach us the things about Himself and the things about our salvation. Unless you/we are just posting bible verses in your posts, the rest of the things in your/our posts are your/our own opinions even if you/we say you are a bible based Christian.

Is the totality of God and that of all things in the bible? If not, then we have to know God through His own means and put the bible under the tutelage of the Lord God.

Edited by Sanh