MarkNigro

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

People are saved the same way for all time. But the OT is dominated with Israel under the law. Many passages deal with physical life an death and the earthly kingdom of Israel. There are very few passages about everlasting life.

When Jesus Christ comes much of Israel is trying to seek their own righteousness by the law and a deliverer who will restore the kingdom to Israel. That is why they do not recognize Jesus Christ as Saviour for their sins.

It's good that you believe that people of all ages have only one and the same salvation and that salvation is the Lord Jesus Christ himself should we put all our trust and confidence in Him. Unless we come to the Lord Jesus Christ today, salvation will continue to be evasive and the gate of the kingdom of heaven will still be shut, let us all come now to the Lord Jesus in His own way of existence. The Law is just for flesh and same is made for the purpose of pointing and bringing us all to the Lord Jesus, even so the gospel is made for that purpose.

Even today, no one can recognize Jesus unless he/she comes to Jesus. We have to know Jesus by and through himself in his own existence and ways of living. There is no other way to know Jesus except through and by Himself.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Sanh,

I really do not know how to respond to your questions except as I have already done which is using scripture. Therefore I will attempt to just explain to you what has been my experience with coming into a real, bible based, Holy Spirit revelation of the Gospel message of Jesus Christ. 

I am saved by God's grace through the faith He gave me. The faith God gave me came to me as I was reading His Word which is the bible.  As I read the bible the Holy Spirit showed me the truth about believing the Gospel message; He showed me how to believe in Jesus with the right kind of faith. Before the Holy Spirit opened my eyes to the truth about believing I was believing with the wrong kind of faith. The faith that God gave me, the right kind of faith, is faith that trusts only in the Gospel message. Before God gave me the right kind of faith I thought I had to do something myself to get saved; the main thing I was depending on was Romans 10:13 which says anyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. I called on Him many times to get saved but never had any assurance that He saved me. The reason that I did not have assurance that  Jesus saved me was because I was trusting in myself; in other words I thought that if I called on the name of the Lord Jesus that I would be saved so I was trusting in my act of saying a prayer.

One of the things that the Holy Spirit showed me was that in Romans 10:14 the Bible says that we must believe in Him before we call on Him. Then as I read the Gospel of John the Holy Spirit showed me that to believe in Jesus means to trust in what Jesus had already done when He died on the cross shedding His blood to pay my sin debt "in full." In other words God showed me that I must simply rest in the finished work of Jesus for my salvation; that nothing I do matters; not saying a prayer, not making promises to God, not even confessing my sin. The only thing that matters is that I see myself as a hopeless, helpless sinner who needs my sins forgiven and that I be willing for God to change my life His way which means that the Holy Spirit will come to live within me to give me a new nature; a nature where sin does not rule my life. A nature where the Holy Spirit gives me the ability to turn from my sin and live a life that is honoring and pleasing to God. That is the right kind of faith; that is the faith that God gave me. It isn't based on anything that I did or could do to be saved; it is faith that says "Jesus did it all" and that knows what Jesus meant when dying on the cross He said "it is finished." 

Now, I want to emphasize that everything that happened to me as I became a true believer in Jesus for forgiveness of my sins, salvation, eternal life, and justification before God came about ONLY through the influence of the Holy Spirit as I read the Bible. I did not see a angel. I did not hear about the Lord from someone who claimed to see an angel. The bible is a living document; a written message from God that is as much alive today in every way that it was alive when it was written; but it becomes a living message from the Lord God or the Lord Jesus ONLY through the power/influence of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is not an angel who appears to us; He works in us by showing us the truth through the written word of God which we call the Holy Bible. He opens our spiritual eyes so we can understand the truth from the bible; He makes the Bible real and relevant to us. 

When I stand before Jesus, if He asks me why I should be allowed to enter Heaven I will not say that I saw a vision or that an angel told me about the Lord. I will tell Him that He should allow me into Heaven because His blood that He shed on the cross paid the penalty for my sins and that He gave His Word that anyone who believes in Him, His Gospel message recorded in the Bible, He would give eternal life.

I don't know anything else except to say the Bible is the Written AND Living Word of God.

Sanh,

When I stand before Jesus, if He asks me why I should be allowed to enter Heaven I will not say that I saw a vision or that an angel told me about the Lord. I will tell Him that He should allow me into Heaven because His blood that He shed on the cross paid the penalty for my sins and that He gave His Word that anyone who believes in Him, His Gospel message recorded in the Bible, He would give eternal life.

I don't know anything else except to say the Bible is the Written AND Living Word of God.

Hypothetical issues based on interpreted passages of the bible is too risky to deal with, Jesus is real and alive and He is not the bible neither is He passages of the scriptures.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3

People are saved the same way for all time. But the OT is dominated with Israel under the law. Many passages deal with physical life an death and the earthly kingdom of Israel. There are very few passages about everlasting life.

When Jesus Christ comes much of Israel is trying to seek their own righteousness by the law and a deliverer who will restore the kingdom to Israel. That is why they do not recognize Jesus Christ as Saviour for their sins.

It's good that you believe that people of all ages have only one and the same salvation and that salvation is the Lord Jesus Christ himself should we put all our trust and confidence in Him. Unless we come to the Lord Jesus Christ today, salvation will continue to be evasive and the gate of the kingdom of heaven will still be shut, let us all come now to the Lord Jesus in His own way of existence. The Law is just for flesh and same is made for the purpose of pointing and bringing us all to the Lord Jesus, even so the gospel is made for that purpose.

Even today, no one can recognize Jesus unless he/she comes to Jesus. We have to know Jesus by and through himself in his own existence and ways of living. There is no other way to know Jesus except through and by Himself.

The problem though is how would anyone know anything about Jesus Christ except by words which He spoke which are written and persevered in His word.

There have been times when there was no Holy Bible available. Men came up with a fake version of Christianity. The words Jesus spoke in the Holy Bible showed that this indeed was a fake Christianity.

Dear Mark,

I would like to answer you biblically. Not from myself. For as it is written:

(II Timothy 3:16) "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

My answers are in black.

Jesus Christ, who is the Lord God Almighty, proclaimed the following.

John 3:14-16

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Since belief is the only thing mentioned, it must be the only thing necessary for salvation. It cannot be belief plus anything else. If it were, then the statement would not be true. But Jesus said this, so it must be true. If someone does not believe these words spoken by Jesus Christ, then that person does not believe what Jesus Christ said. Therefore that person has not believed on the Lord Jesus Christ. John 3:14-15 and 16 are faith alone statements.

Belief is the only thing mentioned in verses 15 & 16, but it does not also mean it will end there. It does not say it is the only thing necessary for salvation.  Nowhere in the scriptures can you find faith alone. I dare those who say faith “alone” can save to prove this to me straight from the scriptures.

You said: It cannot be belief plus anything else.

It CAN be! (II Peter 1:5-8)

And besides this, giving all diligence, ADD to your faith (will you contradict this?)virtue; and to virtue knowledge;( 6) And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; (7) And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

Add means PLUS

(8) For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

MINUS this things you are blind according to the scripture.

(9) But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

(10) Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

If you are blind, therefore your faith is dead. So how can your dead faith save you?

You said: If it were, then the statement would not be true. You should not judged it hastily.

The Lord Jesus Christ didn’t say by just only believing. In fact He taught this:

(John 8:31) Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

Mind you, those Jews have already believed on Him. But still, He commanded them to continue His words. Continuing His words means accepting it and living by it. If you’ll not continue in His words you are not a disciple of Him.

These verses also are eternal security (once saved, always saved) statements, else they would say might have everlasting life. If a person has everlasting life, they could never be damned. The same logic applies to the very many passages, which show that faith in the Lord Jesus Christ gives everlasting life.

You said: These verses also are eternal security (once saved, always saved) statements

OSAS? Another unbiblical teaching.

(II Corinthians 13:5) Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

There are reprobates.

(Hebrews 6:4) For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, (5) And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

(6)  If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Even if you have received everything you have to received, but if you fall away if you are not mindful about His greatness,if you are reckless and unfearful if you did not keep His words  then He will cast you out. It would be IMPOSSIBLE for you to renew again into repentance.

Let’s site another verse.

(Hebrews 10:26) For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Even if you know the truth but have sinned willfully and feloniously according to the Bible you wouldn’t be saved.

What remain is?

(27) But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

You said:  If a person has everlasting life, they could never be damned.

That is what you got in believing by faith alone you are saved. How can you attain everlasting life if you’ll just have only faith? Faith WITHOUT work is dead! How can you be saved by your dead faith?

From the above, we are assured by God Almighty the Saviour that if you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, you are saved forever. Those that are saved through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His shed blood have all their sins paid for by that blood. They have all their sins forgiven by faith in His atoning blood. God will not remember their sins. Therefore, no passage of damnation or condemnation applies to those saved by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Those that have not believed by faith alone are not saved. None of their sins are paid for, forgiven, or forgotten.  Every passage of damnation or condemnation applies to them. Many people quote the very passages that condemn them.

WHO IS SAVED? Those who would believe in the words of God not in man!!! Not in you!

You said: Those that have not believed by faith alone are not saved.

I will rewrite, you said faith “alone”. Those who did not believed by faith alone are not saved? Are you sure?

Let’s see who says the right.

(James 2:17) Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being ALONE.

FAITH ALONE is dead!

Paul is the apostle of the Gentiles (Romans 11:13). He got the gospel by direct revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12). Jesus Christ ordained that the Gentiles should hear the gospel of salvation from Paul (see Romans 15:16 and 2 Timothy 4:17). Paul and Silas were asked a very direct question. Paul, inspired by the Holy Spirit, said the following, which he got from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Acts 16:30-31

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

If anything else were needed for salvation besides believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, Paul would surely have said so. Faith alone in the Lord Jesus Christ and His shed blood for our sins saves.

You said: If anything else were needed for salvation besides believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, Paul would surely have said so.

Of course brother, never did Paul say Faith alone rather he said:

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

You have to WORK OUT your own salvation with fear and trembling. Not By just having faith you are saved.

Paul declared the gospel of salvation (the good news of Jesus Christ) in the following passage.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. You emphasized By which also ye are saved  but I will emphasize here “if ye keep in memory”

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Paul also wrote that all those who believe the gospel of Jesus Christ are saved forever.

Romans 1:16

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek

Do you believe Jesus Christ who said:

I’ll throw it back to you.

John 6:47

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

In love, in Christ, in meekness,

Mark

May God enlighten you!

Sincerely in Christ,

Reanne

Dear Mark,

I would like to answer you biblically. Not from myself. For as it is written:

(II Timothy 3:16) "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

My answers are in black.

Jesus Christ, who is the Lord God Almighty, proclaimed the following.

John 3:14-16

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Since belief is the only thing mentioned, it must be the only thing necessary for salvation. It cannot be belief plus anything else. If it were, then the statement would not be true. But Jesus said this, so it must be true. If someone does not believe these words spoken by Jesus Christ, then that person does not believe what Jesus Christ said. Therefore that person has not believed on the Lord Jesus Christ. John 3:14-15 and 16 are faith alone statements.

Belief is the only thing mentioned in verses 15 & 16, but it does not also mean it will end there. It does not say it is the only thing necessary for salvation.  Nowhere in the scriptures can you find faith alone. I dare those who say faith “alone” can save to prove this to me straight from the scriptures.

You said: It cannot be belief plus anything else.

It CAN be! (II Peter 1:5-8)

And besides this, giving all diligence, ADD to your faith (will you contradict this?)virtue; and to virtue knowledge;( 6) And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; (7) And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

Add means PLUS

(8) For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

MINUS this things you are blind according to the scripture.

(9) But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

(10) Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

If you are blind, therefore your faith is dead. So how can your dead faith save you?

You said: If it were, then the statement would not be true. You should not judged it hastily.

The Lord Jesus Christ didn’t say by just only believing. In fact He taught this:

(John 8:31) Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

Mind you, those Jews have already believed on Him. But still, He commanded them to continue His words. Continuing His words means accepting it and living by it. If you’ll not continue in His words you are not a disciple of Him.

These verses also are eternal security (once saved, always saved) statements, else they would say might have everlasting life. If a person has everlasting life, they could never be damned. The same logic applies to the very many passages, which show that faith in the Lord Jesus Christ gives everlasting life.

You said: These verses also are eternal security (once saved, always saved) statements

OSAS? Another unbiblical teaching.

(II Corinthians 13:5) Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

There are reprobates.

(Hebrews 6:4) For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, (5) And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

(6)  If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Even if you have received everything you have to received, but if you fall away if you are not mindful about His greatness,if you are reckless and unfearful if you did not keep His words  then He will cast you out. It would be IMPOSSIBLE for you to renew again into repentance.

Let’s site another verse.

(Hebrews 10:26) For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Even if you know the truth but have sinned willfully and feloniously according to the Bible you wouldn’t be saved.

What remain is?

(27) But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

You said:  If a person has everlasting life, they could never be damned.

That is what you got in believing by faith alone you are saved. How can you attain everlasting life if you’ll just have only faith? Faith WITHOUT work is dead! How can you be saved by your dead faith?

From the above, we are assured by God Almighty the Saviour that if you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, you are saved forever. Those that are saved through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His shed blood have all their sins paid for by that blood. They have all their sins forgiven by faith in His atoning blood. God will not remember their sins. Therefore, no passage of damnation or condemnation applies to those saved by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Those that have not believed by faith alone are not saved. None of their sins are paid for, forgiven, or forgotten.  Every passage of damnation or condemnation applies to them. Many people quote the very passages that condemn them.

WHO IS SAVED? Those who would believe in the words of God not in man!!! Not in you!

You said: Those that have not believed by faith alone are not saved.

I will rewrite, you said faith “alone”. Those who did not believed by faith alone are not saved? Are you sure?

Let’s see who says the right.

(James 2:17) Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being ALONE.

FAITH ALONE is dead!

Paul is the apostle of the Gentiles (Romans 11:13). He got the gospel by direct revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12). Jesus Christ ordained that the Gentiles should hear the gospel of salvation from Paul (see Romans 15:16 and 2 Timothy 4:17). Paul and Silas were asked a very direct question. Paul, inspired by the Holy Spirit, said the following, which he got from the Lord Jesus Christ.

Acts 16:30-31

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

If anything else were needed for salvation besides believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, Paul would surely have said so. Faith alone in the Lord Jesus Christ and His shed blood for our sins saves.

You said: If anything else were needed for salvation besides believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, Paul would surely have said so.

Of course brother, never did Paul say Faith alone rather he said:

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

You have to WORK OUT your own salvation with fear and trembling. Not By just having faith you are saved.

Paul declared the gospel of salvation (the good news of Jesus Christ) in the following passage.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. You emphasized By which also ye are saved  but I will emphasize here “if ye keep in memory”

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Paul also wrote that all those who believe the gospel of Jesus Christ are saved forever.

Romans 1:16

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek

Do you believe Jesus Christ who said:

I’ll throw it back to you.

John 6:47

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

In love, in Christ, in meekness,

Mark

May God enlighten you!

Sincerely in Christ,

Reanne

The problem that I see with the scripture that you are quoting is that they are not dealing with salvation for eternal life at all.

Many people assume a passage is talking about salvation/damnation when it is not. This is usually done by taking the verse out of context, assuming meanings of words with false definitions and doctrines, ignoring what salvation really means, or by not rightly dividing the word of truth (see 2 Timothy 2:15) They may be confusing statements made to a different people, for a different time, about a different subject. They may even be using a new Bible version with a corrupt reading.

The scripture clearly says that Paul is the apostle of the Gentiles and that Paul has the gospel of salavtion.

The passages that you quoted from Peter, James, and Hebrews are not about everlasting life versus damantion.

Your interpretation of what Paul wrote in the other passages you cited are wrong.

If you want I will show you why you must rightly divide the word of God, why Paul has the gospel of salvation, and why the passages you cited are not above salvation for eternal life. It is easier to handle one topic or passage at a time.

The problem though is how would anyone know anything about Jesus Christ except by words which He spoke which are written and persevered in His word.

There have been times when there was no Holy Bible available. Men came up with a fake version of Christianity. The words Jesus spoke in the Holy Bible showed that this indeed was a fake Christianity.

Is Jesus not alive and real in all ages for you to ask " how would anyone know anything about Jesus Christ except by words which He spoke which are written and persevered in His word?"  Is the totality of God locked up in the bible? You claim Jesus is the Almighty God, can't Jesus respond to you literally should you come directly to Him and ask Him the things that you want clarified and verified genuinely and absolutely?

Even without the bible, the world does always have the real and alive God to guide those who seek Him truly in their heart. Judge by what Jesus will tell you and not by what and how you understand in reading the bible which is not God.

Edited by Sanh

If you want I will show you why you must rightly divide the word of God, why Paul has the gospel of salvation, and why the passages you cited are not above salvation for eternal life. It is easier to handle one topic or passage at a time.

This is the dilemma of using the bible (instead of the real and alive Lord God of all ages) as the absolute and final authority in all truth - the resultant truth will be subjective and dependent on who is the speaker. Look at the two of you this time, both of you are coming from one bible yet each of you have his own version of truth and sadly, each of you may insist to teach over the other his respective perception or opinion or idea of truth. Do you think the two of you will come into an agreement?

Edited by Sanh

This is the dilemma of using the bible (instead of the real and alive Lord God of all ages) as the absolute and final authority in all truth - the resultant truth will be subjective and dependent on who is the speaker. Look at the two of you this time, both of you are coming from one bible yet each of you have his own version of truth and sadly, each of you may insist to teach over the other his respective perception or opinion or idea of truth. Do you think the two of you will come into an agreement?

How do you even know what Jesus Christ says or said? 

There have been many of those that have attempted to know God apart from His word. These all lead to doctrines of devils.

1 Timothy 4:1-3

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

I know Jesus Christ through His word. I know Jesus Christ because Jesus Christ, His Father, and His Holy Spirit liv in me.

How do you even know what Jesus Christ says or said? 

There have been many of those that have attempted to know God apart from His word. These all lead to doctrines of devils.

1 Timothy 4:1-3

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

I know Jesus Christ through His word. I know Jesus Christ because Jesus Christ, His Father, and His Holy Spirit liv in me.

You still try to persuade me you are right in knowing Jesus through the bible, does this mean Ran's is wrong? If so, why? What makes you think your interpretation is right?

Edited by Sanh