• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Matt 7:20-23

21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord ,' will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. 22 "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord , did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.'  

NASB

so,  are you going to tell me these people didn't believe???

Actually, those people believed the Lord via their scripture, they were scriptural believers who were using the name of the Lord in casting out demons, try to observe before your very eyes and your led/lcd television screen various/divisive religious denominations today performing such act of casting out of demons and their so called miracle healing using the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, they are now everywhere around the globe.

Edited by Sanh

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  123
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Your scripture is referring to apostates who were never born again, preaching religion and not love. Comment #48 was referring to unbelievers who know their unbelievers. Good scripture here. The Lord is teaching us that you cannot cast out demons and perform miracles without the Holy Spirit in you. He is also teaching us that the devil is the father of lies and to be aware of false prophets.

Where in those passages did the bible refer to apostates and non-born again preaching religion and not love? What is mentioned is casting out demons and performance of miracle works using the name of Jesus, how do say otherwise? If you will carefully study the passages, those people mentioned by the Lord were able to cast out demons and performed miracle works simply because they use the name of the Lord. Should it not be so, why did those people reason to the Lord such acts they did in His names if same did not give them positive result afterwards?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Matt 7:20-23

21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord ,' will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. 22 "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord , did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.'  

NASB

so,  are you going to tell me these people didn't believe???

Your scripture is referring to apostates who were never born again, preaching religion and not love. Comment #48 was referring to unbelievers who know their unbelievers. Good scripture here. The Lord is teaching us that you cannot cast out demons and perform miracles without the Holy Spirit in you. He is also teaching us that the devil is the father of lies and to be aware of false prophets.

AMEN, exactly what I was thinking.

Where in those passages did the bible refer to apostates and non-born again preaching religion and not love? What is mentioned is casting out demons and performance of miracle works using the name of Jesus, how do say otherwise? If you will carefully study the passages, those people mentioned by the Lord were able to cast out demons and performed miracle works simply because they use the name of the Lord. Should it not be so, why did those people reason to the Lord such acts they did in His names if same did not give them positive result afterwards?

I think you might be right on this. My apologies, I didn't really meditate on this scripture properly. I do have a question though. When Jesus says, "Depart from me"..is he expressing anger for the sins of believers, or is he speaking of the afterlife on judgment day. I don't think this is speaking of the afterlife. I think this specific scripture is about God's wrath and anger among his people. I might be wrong, but when a born again Christian dies with the Holy Spirit in them, Jesus will not be saying, "Depart from me".

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

How do you see those in the three parables in Matthew 25?  Each of the parables consist of saved people, yet some are accepted and others are not.  What is lacking in those who are not accepted?

How do you see those in the three parables in Matthew 25?  Each of the parables consist of saved people, yet some are accepted and others are not.  What is lacking in those who are not accepted?

Not repenting.

Not repenting.

OK, what is the result of someone who is unrepentant?

Not repenting.

Destruction, then death.

Not repenting.

Destruction, then death.

So, if someone who has the Holy Spirit does not do what they are suppose to be doing, dies, then they die in their sins and go to eternal death, not into eternal life.   That is why it is so important to follow Christ every day in every situation. 

Five of the ten virgins had accepted the invitation, but did not keep their oil (Holy Spirit) filled, they were unprepared for the wedding.  As they went to become prepared, the Bride Groom called the brides and they were left behind.   The one man who did not try to gain anything on what the Master gave him had everything he had taken from him and he was cast out.  As Christ judged the nations, those who stood before Him and had not done the will of the Father were cast out, showing that Matthew 7:21-23 hold ever so true.

Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

So, if someone who has the Holy Spirit does not do what they are suppose to be doing, dies, then they die in their sins and go to eternal death, not into eternal life.

But I was already forgiven of past/present/future sins at the cross when I accepted his salvation. It's not by my works that I've been saved. It's by his and his only. It's by his works and what he did on the cross. There is now no condemnation in Christ Jesus. Praise him! Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.