MarkNigro

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I don't see why any Christian would think that Matthew 7:22 means that they're not saved/could lose Salvation. It's obvious what He meant- faith in 'a' Jesus doesn't save you, faith in 'THE' Jesus that actually existed is what saves. We know the cost of Salvation:

" believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing in him you will have life by the power of his name." John 20:31

How many concepts of Jesus has man cooked up? LOADS!

We have the Mormon Jesus, Son of the Father, conceived by sexual relations with Goddesses on a different planet. The brother of Lucifer, the designer of the plan of Salvation.

We have the JW's concept of Jesus. Pre-existed as Michael the Archangel, a created being, isn't God. They deny the physical Resurrection, the obviously deny the Trinity

Then there's the Oneness/Modalism view- that Jesus is the literal name of God. That the Father became the Son, who then became the Holy Spirit, instead of the three individual, and eternal person's in the Trinity,

All of these people think that they're calling on the one Jesus, but they're calling on a man-made fabrication. Not all of these Jesus' could've existed, so if the price of Salvation is in faith in the Jesus that 'is', then quite a few religious groups are going to have a problem on Judgement Day. We know that a true believer is saved, because Jesus said that He would never let us go. These groups were never placed in the hands of the Son, because they weren't calling out to Him. They think they were, and all these groups- JW's, OP, Mormons- think they're doing things 'in the name of Jesus'. But they're not, just as Jesus said they would claim they were. 

So all we have to do is believe in Jesus, yes. But we must believe in the Jesus that existed, believe who He claimed to be. Some Christians think that believing in 'Jesus' saves, but it doesn't! If that was the case, they'd be 5 different Jesus'- the 'real' Jesus, the JW's Jesus, the Mormon Jesus, the Oneness Jesus, and of course, the Islamic Jesus. What saves is taking Jesus for who He claimed to be- the eternal Son, second 'person' in the Trinity, and believing that He was the one and ONLY, who died for us. 

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Eternal life is a secure fact in of itself. When Adam and Eve fell they were cast out of the garden lest they ate the tree of life and were forever condemned in their sins. But as it were, they were now under the curse of physical and spiritual death (separation from their living relationship with God the Father, post the fall), yet not condemned unto eternal death (the second death). Instead, they were covered with an animal skin, a precursor to the sacrifice prophesied by God as the seed that would crush satan's head. It was mercy immediately revealed in conjunction to the provision of the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world.

• Content Count:  2

Unless it was written elsewhere in this blog and I have missed it, there is the fact that God does chastise His own. It's especially interesting to note that God would even chastise them to the point of the sin unto physical death. There also includes the fact that there will be those who will be ashamed at the Bema Seat of Christ, lose all rewards and yet be saved as by fire. Along with the fact that chastisement does include making believers the most miserable among sinners, and the fact that the penalty of all sins (the past, present and future of each believer) has been fully paid for, and that Jesus said that He will not lose one, all of these characteristics strongly implies the incongruity that a genuinely born again believer can ever possibly lose (or even forfeit) their salvation.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I believe there is lready a very long, drawn out, old-yet-new thread on this subject here.

Interesting how after literally hundreds of years of debate, divisions, factions, and outright wars on the subject, we still haven't gotten this subject nailed down.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,425
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I believe there is lready a very long, drawn out, old-yet-new thread on this subject here.

Interesting how after literally hundreds of years of debate, divisions, factions, and outright wars on the subject, we still haven't gotten this subject nailed down.

I believe it is because it has only been exampled once since the fall In Christ!

Since I have The Lord to save me (12) I have failed Him in perfect obedience. However

I have received His witness within me to continue in the effort by love and not works.

Then finding all along works are loves expression in sacrifices of self into faith that

transports us to do His Perfect Will in His Spirit and this sets in His grasp of keeping

for ever in His eternal pleasures...

John 10:27-30

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish,

neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father,

which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to

pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one.

KJV

for just as certain as God divides the wheat and the tares from the world

Matt 13:25-30He also in our own bodies- that which is

Spirit into His Barn and that which is flesh into the fire of destruction.

As this is the teaching of Paul in Rom 7:19-25

As this 'IS' the teaching of God so now we are made able to understand the perfect demand

of Holiness in our every moment and the fact of our situation

1 John 1:8

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

KJV

as this is truth in every man forth with the war wages within us and the why of the broken

and contriteness within us- so we are as Paul wanting to but not finding the how in his/our own

self

Rom 3:4

4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written,

That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

KJV

Love, Steven

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Content Count:  11

Eternal Security or Once Saved Always Saved is Absolutely True. The Holy Bible has many verses or passages that prove this. Here are just a few. There are many more.

Jesus Christ who is God said:

John 6:47

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

If someone has everlasting life, then they could never be damned. If not, they did not have everlasting life but potentially had everlasting life. The verse would say, “might have everlasting life.” Jesus Christ, who is God, would not lie especially with the double verily.

Jesus also said:

John 3:14-18

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Verse 15 and 16 say the same thing and by the same logic prove eternal security. Both also emphatically claim, “should not perish” which again proves eternal security. In verse 18, Jesus Christ says that they are not condemned. All again prove eternal security.

Jesus Christ also said:

John 11:25-26

25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

In verse 26, Jesus Christ said that they shall never die. Surely you believe God.

Paul, the apostle of the Gentiles, wrote:

Ephesians 4:30

And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

If your sealed till the day of redemption, you could not be damned.

In the following verse, Jesus says He is with the saved and will never leave them. How could they ever go to hell?

Hebrews 13:5

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Jesus Christ the Lord also said:

John 10:28-30

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30 I and my Father are one.

If someone has “eternal life,” then they could never be damned. If not, they did not have eternal life but potentially had eternal life. Jesus Christ, who is God, would not lie. Again Jesus Christ is emphatic that “they shall never perish.” Obviously no man can pluck them out of Jesus’ hand or His Father’s hand.

The apostle John wrote the following. How can you know that you have eternal life if it is only a maybe?

1 John 5:13

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

The next passage, written by Paul, the apostle of the Gentiles, says, “are saved,” not might be saved.

Ephesians 2:8-9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Potentially damned could not be salvation as written by Paul in the following passage.

Romans 1:16

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Paul also wrote:

Romans 3:21-26

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

The following words spoken by Jesus Christ again prove once saved always saved.

John 5:24

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Before the rapture, for those that are saved by the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, there are only 2 possibilities and only one outcome. If they die before the rapture, they get a glorified body and are forever with the Lord. If they are alive at the rapture, they get a glorified body and are forever with the Lord.

2 Corinthians 5:8

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The above sampling absolutely proves that eternal security (once saved always saved) is absolutely true. They are emphatic and quite clear. Since the Holy Bible has no contradictions, anything that you think shows otherwise is just your mistaken interpretation. Many people assume a passage is talking about salvation/damnation when it is not. This is usually done by taking the verse out of context, assuming meanings of words with false definitions and doctrines, ignoring what salvation really means, or by not rightly dividing the word of truth (see 2 Timothy 2:15) They may be confusing statements made to a different people, for a different time, about a different subject. They may even be using a new Bible version with a corrupt reading.

From the above, we are assured by God Almighty the Saviour that if you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, you are saved forever. Those that are saved through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His shed blood have all their sins paid for by that blood. They have all their sins forgiven by faith in His atoning blood. God will not remember their sins. Therefore, no passage of damnation or condemnation applies to those saved by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Those that have not believed by faith alone are not saved. None of their sins are paid for, forgiven, or forgotten.  Every passage of damnation or condemnation applies to them. Many of these quote the very passages that condemn themselves.

In love, in Christ, in meekness,

Mark

Are you still going with the idea of the above post or have you trashed it. See, the only way to know you are right is not to be afraid of being wrong.

Edited by chrisstavrous

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,264
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

If you can get into the archives, I think you will find more than one.....   I think I've read most of them and it seems that after about 300 posts it usually comes down to the OSAS folks will declare that those that we think lost their salvation really were never saved in the first place.......   and since we really can't say who is and who isn't really saved, there isn't a real rebuttal to that...    so the debate goes on and on.

These threads would probably be shorter if everyone would decide what it is to be saved......    at least the threads wouldn't be so redundant. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,264
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

many who believe once saved always saved do not look at all the scriptures as a whole.  take for instance what it says in the first chapter of acts concerning judas.

Act 1:16  Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.

Act 1:17  For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.

Act 1:18  Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.

Act 1:19  And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.

Act 1:20  For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.

here it clearly says judas had obtained part of the ministry.  You do not need a masters degree in seminary school nor do you need to work for NASA to know in order to take part in ministry you must obtain the spirit which enables you to take part in minisrty.  furthermore.....

Act 1:25  That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

Again no masters degree is needed to know you cannot fall from something you never aquired. And if you study the greek word translated "transgression"  you will find it means to walk away or go your own way.  It is a very unique usage of the greek word that is only found in two other places in the entirety of the new testament and both times it is found in the same passage.

παραβαίνω

parabainō

par-ab-ah'ee-no

From G3844 and the base of G939; to go contrary to, that is, violate a command: - (by) transgress (-ion). 

It means abandoning a trust, departing, stepping aside, overstep, or apostasy.  it is a deviation from an original and true direction, hence, in order to go his own way(Jesus is the way) judas abandoned his position amoung the 12. 

I use this example from scripture simply because it is evident, even to the root of the word in greek, that you can walk away from God.

I want to further say I am in no way saying nor would i say salvation is works based.  It is by grace thru faith.  It is a gift, free to us however A great price was paid so this gift could be ours. Thank God Jesus didnt come down from the cross!  What I am saying is it is possible to walk away from God.  And that as long as we seek The Living God we are preserved however we must also persevere our tribulations and trials in life by keeping the faith in Christ.  The Gift Of God is eternal life, and what is life if not for the living?  obedience is important.  Faithfullness is important.  God is our husband in spirit.  We are his Bride.  And what man would want a wife that plays the harlot?

1 Cor 5:3-5

4 In the name of our Lord Jesus, when you are assembled, and I with you in spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus, 5 I have decided to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

NASB

sort of like what happened to Judas....          I think it not wise for us to be doing the condemning and leave that to Jesus.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,425
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Yes OO the Scriptures say
James 2:19
19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
KJV

These devils spoken of beheld God in the fullness of His Glory... and walked away from that!
The difference is we are here in a place of faith and in this place of faith we exist and live...
and in this time we stand in the fullness of Revelation in the gateway of grace. For 1900 plus
years this place has been in it's fullness and we, the born again, know it as thus:

We examined the world by His grace and saw that He must be... then by His Word we
realized truth for the first time. This truth is so profound to us that we utterly
were given rejection of our own selves as anything of worth; completely condemned
by God and in total agreement with Him in this condemnation we cried out from the
worthless place for Jesus to save us, from us and the world, and we were born again...
All who are still with me in this testimony know who we are and that we are His not
by what we have done but what He has done for us; we know that we fail and we know the
grief that comes in that failure; we know that when we are walking in Him (Spirit) we
are as He desires of us although we do not fully understand the where it has come nor
the where it is taking us; our main desire is to be with Him and worship Him in His
fullness of Glory... For this glory it is of such that His is ours and ours is His; and so this is
us The Children of God...

We know who we are, this to those who read, and we know where we are going! For in this
journey it is not in our own strength we walk but it is in Him by His Spirit that we
are kept and by His Word we live and breath the Righteousness that awaits us in the
fullness of His presence... Now I will tell you plain out there is nothing in this world
we want- nothing! For it is not confusion, any longer, for us-> the battle that we are in
or the time, that of the last of days, and we are unafraid! For The Father in heaven has
so Willed through the Sacrifice of The Son in the Power of The Holy Spirit that we should
be and so we are! We chose to be here by the excellence of God's design knowing
Titus 3:5-8
5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according
to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and
renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through
Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we
should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. 8 This
is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm
constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful
to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto
men. KJV

As my family knows the plainness of the speaking here- how we have come to be and how we
are kept >so< also the purpose of works= we simply know that by obedience to God brings
forth His pleasure upon us and causes us to bear fruit for His glory
            and
We know that we cannot return to where we have come- for where we are is not there any
longer and we cannot trade everything for nothing! So God's Word is fulfilled to no surprise
                             >as to those who do go back<
1 John 2:19
19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been
of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out,
that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
KJV

Prayer: Father this is Your Witness formed from Your Word blessed by Your Spirit help the
children see the truth and stand in it... Love, Steven

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/01/1989

I do not believe in the "Once saved, always saved" because no matter what, u will always be a sinner. There is no such thing as a perfect and holy person, other than Jesus Christ. So, if you sin, you must ask for forgiveness, if you don't then you are not forgiven