• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  428
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  3

What does it mean to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ
To believe on the Lord Jesus Christ is to believe on who He is, what He did, and to trust in what He has promised.

You must believe that Jesus Christ is God Almighty who took on flesh. 

John 8:24, 58
24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.

John 20:28-29
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Romans 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

1 Corinthians 12:3
Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

You must believe in what Jesus Christ did. The Lord Jesus Christ shed His holy blood on the cross as the payment for ours sins, He was buried, and rose again the third day.

Romans 1:15-17
15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Romans 3:21-26
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Finally you must believe what Jesus Christ has promised – everlasting life just by faith in Him.

John 3:14-18
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 6:47
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

John 11:25-26
25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Finally anyone who is trying to earn salvation by works or merit, their faith does not count toward salvation. They must stop trying to earn salvation to be saved. You must believe that you are a sinner (ungodly) and there is no other way to pay for sins except by faith the shed blood of Jesus Christ as the payment fro your sins.

Romans 4:5
But to him that worketh notbut believeth on him that justifieth the ungodlyhis faith is counted for righteousness.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  559
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/01/1962

To believe on the Lord Jesus Christ is to believe on who He is, what He did, and to trust in what He has promised.

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

You must believe in what Jesus Christ did. The Lord Jesus Christ shed His holy blood on the cross as the payment for ours sins, He was buried, and rose again the third day.

15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Finally you must believe what Jesus Christ has promised – everlasting life just by faith in Him.

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Finally anyone who is trying to earn salvation by works or merit, their faith does not count toward salvation. They must stop trying to earn salvation to be saved. You must believe that you are a sinner (ungodly) and there is no other way to pay for sins except by faith the shed blood of Jesus Christ as the payment fro your sins.

But to him that worketh notbut believeth on him that justifieth the ungodlyhis faith is counted for righteousness.

Actually, what one must believe is that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I think that Mark explained just Who the Messiah is and what this means. The Son of God is God in human flesh. I know people who do not believe that He is fully God but just a good man, a prophet, or a lesser God. They do not believe that He pre existed with the Father as the Word, Who became flesh and dwelt among us. They often believe that He is a created Son Who did not pre exist with the Father.

Actually, what one must believe is that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

Actually you are wrong. 

First, Jesus Christ is God. 

28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Second, Jesus Christ said you must believe in who He is and then He said he is "I AM", that is God Almighty.

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Third, Paul, the apostle of the Gentiles, declares the gospel of salvation. 

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Fourth, Paul declared works do not save, they prevent salvation. Works means your faith does not count.

Ephesians 2:8-9

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Romans 11:6

And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Paul warned about another gospel.

Galatians 1:6-9

I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Paul warned about someone preaching another Jesus. Jesus is God Almighty from eternity. If He is not how did He come into being. That is another Jesus.

2 Corinthians 11:1-4

1 Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.

For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

When Jesus said He is the Son of God, it makes Him equal to God, that is, God.

John 5:18

Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

It means to be saved for ever, guaranteed.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

One must believe not only in His Sonship, but that He is both fully man and fully God, born of a Virgin, was crucified, died, and was buried, rose again from the dead, ascended into heaven, sits at the right hand of the Father, and will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead. He is the propitiation for our sins. One must also be obedient to His commands. No one can say "I follow Jesus" who does not obey His commands.

One must believe not only in His Sonship, but that He is both fully man and fully God, born of a Virgin, was crucified, died, and was buried, rose again from the dead, ascended into heaven, sits at the right hand of the Father, and will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead. He is the propitiation for our sins. One must also be obedient to His commands. No one can say "I follow Jesus" who does not obey His commands.

Jesus said you only had to believe to be saved.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

That is good news since nobody obeys all His commandments.