• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

So Beloved, Is Modesty A Gift Or A Curse?

Rescue me, O my God, from the hand of the wicked, from the grasp of the unjust and cruel man. Psalm 71:4 (English Standard Version)

Or Why In The Great Historical Arabian Slave Markets
Are The Young Mothers And Their Daughters
Displayed Naked To All Men
Whereas The
Daughters And Wives Of
Of The Slavers Are Publicly Covered From Head To Sole
?

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever. 1 John 2:15-17 (English Standard Version)

Guest Thallasa

If a woman is dressing in a provocative manner not only is she not showing respect for God, she also is not showing respect for herself.

what we call normal, say a woman wearing shorts that come down to the knees or so would have been seen as very provocative not all that long ago.

ONLY AS A RESULT OF QUEEN VICTORIA ; WHILE MODESTY WAS A GENERAL RULE IT BECAME OBSESSIVE IN ENGLAND? THIS HAS RESULTED IN THE FACT THAT PLACES LIKE FRANCE ARE MORE TRADITIONAL AND MODEST THAN ENGLAND AND THE STATES ALTHOUGH THE STYLE OF SOME AMERICAN POP STARS HAS SPREAD AND IS DEGRADING .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

yaya-sisters-smiley.gif?1292867704 We have been over and over how women should dress threads.They do not end up very nice.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Thallasa

It has been customary for all, except for the occasional infant, to have their genital area and buttocks covered when in public. Females over a few years of age are normally expected to also wear coverings over their nipples.

Decades ago, men were required to wear tops, even at the beach. Recently, thong bathing suits, which expose almost the entire buttock area, have changed our concept of acceptable clothing in many areas of North America. Some jurisdictions allow women to go topless. Naturists believe that if weather, location and laws permit, activities such as sports, swimming, hiking and relaxing in a social environment can be enjoyed without the necessity of wearing clothing. " Naturism is not the exploitation of nakedness, exhibitionism, a religion, or a cult...Naturists accept and admire the beauty of the human body as it is, regardless of age, gender or form." 1 Some people oppose social nudity (also called nudism and naturism) and would like to criminalize it even if it is confined to private naturist resorts. Some feel that nudity, when practiced within a family, is a form of child sexual abuse. Many people feel awkward when a woman breast-feeds her infant in public. Topless women can be arrested in most of North America, even though the practice is generally accepted on European beaches.

Not any longer ,not for quite a while is topless accepted  in europe ,except in private places .

Guest Thallasa

To Tsukino, alpha, and JD -

Just for perspective, what are your opinions on Janet Jackson's so-called "wardrobe malfunction" at the Superbowl some years ago and about Miley Cyrus's latest performance?

I view both as provocative and immodest, though the latter much more so than the former.

Though I do have friends from Australia that could not see the big deal about Janet Jackson at all, to them there was nothing to be upset about.  And it is very likely had I been born and raised with them I would feel the same way.

Exposed breasts are less of a big deal in Europe as well.  Particularly in places like Sweden where people of all ages hop in and out of public, open air hot springs in the dead of winter without a stitch on!  We went skating on a lake beside one such hot spring and my husband got a full eye full of an elderly man in all his glory!  I was at just the right height to be saved from the full view by a wooden bar.  To this day he has a pin in our map of Sweden labelled 'Ugly Naked Guy'.  All the other people were up to their necks in the water so we just put eyes forward and moved on to the skating area with the rest of the kids!

Very Swedish ,not a culture I lke at all .

Guest Thallasa

God made them naked, they stayed naked for their entire time in the garden, which was spent with God.

Clearly God did not have an issue with their nudity.

The issue with nudity is man's issue, not Gods.

We will all stand naked before God...and none of us will care.

If that is true, why is it mentioned in Revelation people will be given robes to wear?

Revelation 7:9

New International Version (NIV)

The Great Multitude in White Robes

After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.

The Lamb is not literal.  We understand that the Lamb is Jesus Christ who was sacrificed for our sins, the palm branches represent worship, the white robes represent being clothed in righteousness.  I think the number of people who believe that Jesus Christ reincarnates as a literal sheep are very few indeed!  Why would we think the white robes are literal?

It's possible that Jesus comes back as the Jesus Doll TM, with bronze feet, and hair made out of wool - with the special child friendly feature of a sword coming out of his mouth?!?!?  No.  You were right the first time.  It's symbolic.

So, do you believe Jesus is nude or covered?

I believe that question isn't addressed in scripture so anything I thought would be useless conjecture at best. I believe that doctrinal questions can not and should not be answered with prophetic, symbolic, writings.  The Book of Revelations will not answer any questions about modesty or nudity, or any other questions of scriptural law.

There was a claim that we would stand naked before God.

So what is the Scriptural support for this claim?

If there is support, the next question is how far does this nakedness go? Either the ones in Heaven are covered or they are nude. This includes Jesus.

S which isit?

I don't think it means physically naked ,but we ill not be ble to hide our  misdemeanours (sins) nor thoughts.

Naked ,as in He will see into our minds and hearts in the past and present . 

Guest Thallasa

God made them naked, they stayed naked for their entire time in the garden, which was spent with God.

Clearly God did not have an issue with their nudity.

The issue with nudity is man's issue, not Gods.

We will all stand naked before God...and none of us will care.

If that is true, why is it mentioned in Revelation people will be given robes to wear?

Revelation 7:9

New International Version (NIV)

The Great Multitude in White Robes

After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.

The Lamb is not literal.  We understand that the Lamb is Jesus Christ who was sacrificed for our sins, the palm branches represent worship, the white robes represent being clothed in righteousness.  I think the number of people who believe that Jesus Christ reincarnates as a literal sheep are very few indeed!  Why would we think the white robes are literal?

It's possible that Jesus comes back as the Jesus Doll TM, with bronze feet, and hair made out of wool - with the special child friendly feature of a sword coming out of his mouth?!?!?  No.  You were right the first time.  It's symbolic.

So, do you believe Jesus is nude or covered?

I believe that question isn't addressed in scripture so anything I thought would be useless conjecture at best. I believe that doctrinal questions can not and should not be answered with prophetic, symbolic, writings.  The Book of Revelations will not answer any questions about modesty or nudity, or any other questions of scriptural law.

There was a claim that we would stand naked before God.

So what is the Scriptural support for this claim?

If there is support, the next question is how far does this nakedness go? Either the ones in Heaven are covered or they are nude. This includes Jesus.

S which isit?

I don't think it means physically naked ,but we will not be ble to hide our  misdemeanours (sins) nor thoughts.

Naked , as in He will see into our minds and hearts in the past and present . 

Guest Thallasa

Is there scripture somewhere in the new testament that is written that pretty much lays out how one is expected to dress and behave in church? 

1 Tim 2:9-11

9 Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments, 10 but rather by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness.

NASU

Isa 3:16-26

16 Moreover, the Lord said, "Because the daughters of Zion are proud

And walk with heads held high and seductive eyes,

And go along with mincing steps

And tinkle the bangles on their feet,

17 Therefore the Lord will afflict the scalp of the daughters of Zion with scabs,

And the Lord will make their foreheads bare."

18 In that day the Lord will take away the beauty of their anklets, headbands, crescent ornaments, 19 dangling earrings, bracelets, veils, 20 headdresses, ankle chains, sashes, perfume boxes, amulets, 21 finger rings, nose rings, 22 festal robes, outer tunics, cloaks, money purses, 23 hand mirrors, undergarments, turbans and veils.

24 Now it will come about that instead of sweet perfume there will be putrefaction;

Instead of a belt, a rope;

Instead of well-set hair, a plucked-out scalp;

Instead of fine clothes, a donning of sackcloth;

And branding instead of beauty.

25 Your men will fall by the sword

And your mighty ones in battle.

26 And her gates will lament and mourn,

And deserted she will sit on the ground.

NASU

1 Peter 3:3-7

3 Your adornment must not be merely external — braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses; 4 but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God. 5 For in this way in former times the holy women also, who hoped in God, used to adorn themselves, being submissive to their own husbands; 6 just as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, and you have become her children if you do what is right without being frightened by any fear.

7 You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered.

NASU

I agree with the above statements from enoob.

He wants our outward appearance to reflect our relationship with Him.

If you don't know what that means, then you should re-evaluate your relationship with Him.

This is the BEST and most succinct answer .:D

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

May God Save Our Children