• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

Dearest and noble brethren:

Clearly, I lack wisdom compared to my most learned brethren herein. I am speaking among men who are well knowledgeable of men who are well read of Holy Writ. Forgive me for my lack of understanding, sirs.

I was thinking, much as a young child would ponder...this odd verse of scripture I found in 1 Cor 13.

2 If I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so that I can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 And if I donate all my goods to feed the poor, and if I give my body to be burned, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

I'm but a simpleton lacking in great wisdom and knowledge but is it possible that the Lord regards the "motive" of the heart in which one sings, as if unto the Lord?

Or the motive in which one prays, as if unto the Lord?

Or the deeds performed for the good of others, as if unto the Lord?

Naturally, only HE alone can know the very mind and soul of a man. Hence, when he sings, praises, quotes scripture, proclaims revelation, prophesies or performs deeds of good, would not God know the motive of the man?

Your Humble Servant, Cats

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Soulwinner:

You keep going brother! Get used to ad hominem attacks from those who love and will defend this sacrilegious music to the death.

Super Jew, all of about 21 years old or so, thinks he knows everything. He has

"studied" this issue for a whopping FOUR years. And of course, unbiasedly, we are to believe??? Well some here have"studied" this issue for over TWENTY YEARS, and have also read and learned from men who have walked with the Lord for FIFTY YEARS, and the conclusions are obvious to the honest seeker of truth. Christian Rock, for the most part, is nothing but compromise, worldliness and rebellion. It is exactly the same as the secular counterpart.

Super Jew said:

Unfortunately music (just the sound) is an amoral issue. While it can strike up emotions it has no spiritual meaning behind it.

Now watch the birdie. Here is someone who keeps asking foolish questions about "proof" Christian rock is wrong, yet he makes these UNSCRIPTURAL pontifications.

Where does the Bible teach what he said above??? He won't say, becasue he can't, all the while demanding Scripture from us while asuming his premises are correct.

Prove it.

George edited personal attack toward Super Jew. Remember Jesus said -- By your love, men shall know that you are my [Jesus] disciples! Let's not forget it!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

:emot-crying::emot-crying: With any one who is being honest you can see the words to most of this "christian" music is not in the least bit edifying and as the case of the one song he admitted it was not a spiritual song so according to God's word we shouldnt listen to that particular song and it is obvious there are many more to follow that would fall into that category.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Soulwinner:

You keep going brother!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Super Jew, all of about 21 years old or so, thinks he knows everything.

I have a son older than Super Jew. I can tell you that Super Jew and Tess's passion for things that concern God are a great sign of hope for the future.

I really admire them.

Old Dan....

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Thank you, Mr. Dan...your encouragement is so refreshing. Lately, I'm growng more and more discouraged by the way "younger" posters are treated around here. If we aren't attacked and mocked, we're rebuked, berated or patronized. Even when I make an honest attempt to encourage us all (and i included myself) to avoid attacking....I get it thrown back in my face. Hello? Why is it okay for "adults" to treat eachother and those younger with such disdain and disrespect, but then everyone expects us to respond and behave so maturely?

I know I'm not perfect and I never claimed to be. But when I'm striving and trying to press on, it certainly doesn't help when there are those who would like nothing more than to see me stumble so they can point out my flaws. I thought love sought to cover sins, not expose them. I thought that the older and wiser were supposed to lead by example. I thought that wisdom and years were supposed to lead to compassion and grace.

Thankfully, I've encountered a handful of ppl who know how to speak with grace and kindness. Those are the ppl who have earned my respect and I respond to them with as much grace as I can show. I honestly do try. I am at a point in my life where I am hungering to grow in wisdom and learn. I want to know Christ like I've never known Him before. But in the midst of that pursuit, I will fall. I will screw up, I will make mistakes. It would be nice if I had a loving hand to pull me back to my feet and encourage me on, rather than a crowd of onlookers calling me names and holding my faults for all to see.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Soulwinner, no one is paying attention to you. There is a reason for that; people avoid legalists, which is why many of the non-Christians I know would ignore you, and have a plethora of reasons not to become a Christian.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How do you know that nobody is paying attention to Soulwinner. Try counting the "reads" and what % are on what side in this issue. There are many that read this thread and never post. They will see the pros and cons of each side and will make their decisions. I have gotten feedback in PMs on some of my posts, some pro some against. Your statement is based on assumptions from your prejudiced point of view.

God Himself will give grace to the humble but those that show only passion and no power of reason will be manifest as will the proud and arrogant.

Pr 16:19

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On age: How old was Jesus when He was teaching? 12. How old was Timothy? How old was David when He defeated Goliath? Obviously age means nothing to God.

How do you know that nobody is paying attention to Soulwinner.

People don't have time to sit and read a plethora of articles.

Your statement is based on assumptions from your prejudiced point of view.

Prejudiced of what? Have I said its wrong if you don't listen to rock music? I've simply defended my view.

And they that will live a GODLY/HOLY life are very often called legalists.

They're also called hypocrites, fools, brood of vipers...etc.

Edited by Jon The Jew

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

Cates, you are not a simpleton. You have wisdom. I know the difference between knowledge and wisdom. While I have knowledge I am lacking in wisdom. You obviously are ballanced.

Dan, thank you so much for your kind post.

Tess, thank you for trying to defend me.

Jon, I'm better than you in Halo 2.

Get used to ad hominem attacks from those who love and will defend this sacrilegious music to the death.

You then go on to ridicule me for my age and apparent "lack of study". Sola, those are ad hominem attacks. Anyway:

I ask you what is the consequence of me being 21 years old? Why is this such a negative thing? Historical context teaches us that the disciples were in their teens and early twenties. Likewise Peter challenged the Pharisees (men who had studied the Torah for their entire lives...sometimes 50 years) and ridiculed them even though he was an uneducated "youngster". Thus I fail to see the impact that you're trying to make. I'm young. So what? What exactly does that have to do with anything? It does not disprove what I wrote nor does it nullify everything I typed up. In stead I see this arguementation as a way to say, "I don't want to respond to your post, thus I will discredit you." It doesn't fly Sola Scriptora (which would be spelled Sola Scriptura). Unless you can validate why your arguements hold any weight, I'd ask that you remove yourself from the discussion because your comments are inflammatory in nature.

Now watch the birdie. Here is someone who keeps asking foolish questions about "proof" Christian rock is wrong, yet he makes these UNSCRIPTURAL pontifications.

Where does the Bible teach what he said above??? He won't say, becasue he can't, all the while demanding Scripture from us while asuming his premises are correct.

This is the problem. Neither side can prove from scripture whether or not it's an amoral or moral issue. I implore you to bring forth scripture that says that the sound is moral. The only way to do this is to use extra-biblical thinking and multiple steps. If the Bible teaches that sound is moral, then the bible will come out and say it. However it doesn't. Thus it is left up to logic and reasoning, both of which teach that the sound is nothing more than an amoral issue.

With any one who is being honest you can see the words to most of this "christian" music is not in the least bit edifying and as the case of the one song he admitted it was not a spiritual song so according to God's word we shouldnt listen to that particular song and it is obvious there are many more to follow that would fall into that category

So is that how you're copping out? You post articles, demand I respond, i respond, and you leave me with that? Oh please...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

On age: How old was Jesus when He was teaching? 12. How old was Timothy? How old was David when He defeated Goliath? Obviously age means nothing to God.

How do you know that nobody is paying attention to Soulwinner.

People don't have time to sit and read a plethora of articles.

Your statement is based on assumptions from your prejudiced point of view.

Prejudiced of what? Have I said its wrong if you don't listen to rock music? I've simply defended my view.

And they that will live a GODLY/HOLY life are very often called legalists.

They're also called hypocrites, fools, brood of vipers...etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Jon,

By your response you don't understand the meaning of the word "prejudiced." You responded as if I was attacking you personally when I wasn't. Prejudice means to prejudge, to have an opinion before hearing the evidence.

If you don't want to live a godly, holy life don't worry, you are in no danger, you won't. Two traits of rock music are rebellion and anger. I wonder who is portraying these traits most accurately.

LT