• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

2 Kings 14

5As soon as the royal power was firmly in his hand he killed his servants who had murdered his father the king. 6But he did not put to death the children of the murderers; according to what is written in the book of the law of Moses, where the Lord commanded, ‘The parents shall not be put to death for the children, or the children be put to death for the parents; but all shall be put to death for their own sins.’

-------

Here:” The parents shall not be put to death for the children, or the children be put to death for the parents; but all shall be put to death for their own sins.”

But from cover to cover ,we find that GOD punished  the kids for their’ parents’ sin, punished the descendant for their ancestors sin

So ,how to explain

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Hi Silvia,

God bless you this beautiful Sunday!I see that you entitled this topic as "Gods law and Moses law" as if they were two separate things?Moses was given the law by God,it was not by His own invention....is that part of your question?

You did quote a verse from Scripture that was very self explanitary in itself that the children were NOT murdered in compliance to the law as God commanded and then you say from "cover to cover" that children Are punished for the sins of their ancestors?

Perhaps you can refer to some particular instances that you are finding difficult to understand or maybe I am just not really understanding what you want explained(as cover to cover is quite broad)Gods Word is never contrary to itself and there is always a clear explanation when it is taken in its context....God is not a God of confusion,so with a little more information I'm sure I or someone would be happy to clear things up for you(according to Gods Word)and with the guidance of the Holy Spirit....

With love,in Christ-Kwik

In OT

In Exodus , GOD killed all the first born in Egypt including Pharaoh's  son, Pharaoh's  son died bcs his father's sin.

In Joshua,to lots of cities,GOD commanded the Israelites totally killed all the people in the cities,no one left,including the infants and kids, what’s the sin of infants and kids?were they died bcs of their parents’ sin?

In Samuel,GOD killed the first baby of David and Bathsheba,that’s not killed the baby for his parents’ sin?

And David’s other kids,amnon,tamar,Absalom,were their disasters came from David’s sin?

In 2 kings,Hezekiah’s sons became the eunuchs bcs of his sin

in Exodus 34

7 but visiting the iniquity of the parents
upon the children
and the children’s children,
to the third and the fourth generation.’ 

In NT

Matthew 27

25Then the people as a whole answered, ‘His blood be on us and on our children!’

----we see the terrible suffering of JEW

And finally in Revelation

GOD will launch the mass killing,including the infants and babies,what’s their sin?

In1900the Chinese launched “the Boxer Uprisingto kill all the pastors and Christians within china, and after that ,the slaughters, wars, famines, deadly political movements never left china ,until 1976,and in 1949—1980s,the Christian was forbidden in china,it is in my generation we have the chance to hear the gospels, and it is in my generation our Chinese can living in peace without hunger, we are actually the fourth generation of the people in 1900 who killed the Christians

our fathers , grandfathers, were punished by their fatherssin?, and we living in a little blessing,-----all according to Bible!

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Hi Silvia...are you speaking of generational curses that we read about in Exodus(I am paraphrasing cause I have to leave for an appt but I will be back)The Lord in giving His commandments He explains that those that worship other gods He will punish until the 3rd and even 4th generations...for the sin of their parents which was idolatry....You are jumping from 2Kings to Exodus which was really two different contexts

I think perhaps your confusion lies here.....let see if I could figure out what it is you want to know?As I explained in the previous paragraph,God had just finished explaining to Moses that He must tell the people that He will not tolerate unfaithfulness,that He is a jealous God and they must worship Him and Him alone or He will curse them,destroy them,punish them....it is the worst sin,its like spitting in His face but He goes on to say that for those that love Him and follow His commandments He will lavish with unfailing love for 1000 generations!Now,that is what GOD will do...in other references like the laws He gave Moses were put into place for the PEOPLE....in the tiimes of Judges and then Kings the laws were necessary to pass judgement by whoever had authority so that people did not go taking vengeance out on peoples familes as the Lord also said that vengeance is His....you are mistakenly making comparisons to laws being broken and people(rulers)making judgements and what God will do(whatever He pleases to do)

In 2Kings 14 we are talking about what King Amaziah did(by the way He was one of the few Kings that pleased the Lord and did what was right in His sight)....This is a perfect example of what the law was made for...Amazaih had killed his fathers murderer,He is not God and the law was made for man...see ,no comparison-no contradiction...Amazaiah is not God that He should murder the children of his fathers murderer(not God punishing idolators)

Then when you jump to the New Testament,the people have a New Covenant in which they(through Christ)are no longer under any curses(freed in Christ)I hope this helps you to better understand....the Word of God is never contrary to the Word of God......What applies to man of course does not apply to God but besides that we are also shown a person that broke the law(murderer)and was punished by the law(penalty being death)

God bless you in receiving Gods Word,may the Holy Spirit lead you and guide you into all truth by Wisdom & Understanding ,in the Name of Jesus

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Also,I am really sorry I did not reply sooner but it has been a very hectic week,lots of doctors appts-so I haven't been online as much as I usually am or would like to be....I would not want you to think I was ignoring you,my dear Sister

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

In1900the Chinese launched “the Boxer Uprisingto kill all the pastors and Christians within china, and after that ,the slaughters, wars, famines, deadly political movements never left china ,until 1976,and in 1949—1980s,the Christian was forbidden in china,it is in my generation we have the chance to hear the gospels, and it is in my generation our Chinese can living in peace without hunger, we are actually the fourth generation of the people in 1900 who killed the Christians

our fathers , grandfathers, were punished by their fatherssin?, and we living in a little blessing,-----all according to Bible!

God's Law and the cause of a curse can be different things. In the written Law, one will not be punished due to sin of his parents or children. In reality however, if you choose to leave God, the curse may follow you generations after generations. We Chinese can be of a typical example. In Noah's time after the flood, all humans (actually Noah's family) knew God. But since then some of the descendants of Noah chose to leave God, including the ancestors of us Chinese. That's the country is more like in a curse that people in it have been held captive without seeing the Grace from God.

In an absolute sovereignty tone (the Jews use this tone most of the times), you may say that "God cursed the nation of Chinese, generations by generations". Because from the Jews' perspective, God can actually remove such a curse if He wishes to. If He knows of such a curse, and has all the ability to remove it but not. Then from the perspective of His absolute sovereignty, you may consider that it is God who put such a curse onto people.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

God does not punish children for their parent's sin, except when the children perpetuate the sin (idolatry)

God does show mercy when we keep His commandments Exodus 20:6

The contrast is clear.

God will not hold a curse on future generations if we repent of our sins and keep His Commandments - 1 John 5:3

Moses repented of breaking God's laws on behalf of his people and God quickly forgave them - Numbers 14:17-20

Thank you for the fruitful picture-good idea

Edited by fruitfull77

in 1900,the chinese killed all the Christians in china in very terrible way,including the little kids and infants,including the people who were not the Christian but showed kindness to Christian

in 1966-1976,"the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution"almost killed china

from every aspect to analyse,that was the punishment form GOD