Andrew Wabomba

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

These terms once always referred to an individual's freedom of religious belief, of religious speech, and of religious practice. The individual believer was the target of oppression by others. That is the meaning that we generally use on this web site.

However, in recent years, the terms seem to be taking on a new meaning: the religious freedom and liberty of a believer to hate, oppress, denigrate, or reduce the human rights of other groups. Now it is the believer who is the oppressor and others who are the target. This new meaning is becoming increasingly common. It appears that this new meaning is begin driven by a number of factors:

• The increasing public acceptance of women's use of birth control/contraceptives
  • The increasing public acceptance of sexual minorities including the LGBT community (Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, Transgender persons and transsexuals)
  • The increasing percentage of NOTAs in North America: those who are NOT Affiliated with an organized faith group. Some are Agnostics, Atheists, etc. Others describe themselves as spiritual, but not religious.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I hope you don't mind that I reorganized your post.  I also hope you will present a question for us to discuss.  If this means enough to you to post it, perhaps you will come back and discuss it with us.

These terms once always referred to an individual's freedom of religious belief, of religious speech, and of religious practice. The individual believer was the target of oppression by others. That is the meaning that we generally use on this web site.

However, in recent years, the terms seem to be taking on a new meaning: the religious freedom and liberty of a believer to hate, oppress, denigrate, or reduce the human rights of other groups. Now it is the believer who is the oppressor and others who are the target. This new meaning is becoming increasingly common. It appears that this new meaning is begin driven by a number of factors:

• The increasing public acceptance of women's use of birth control/contraceptives
  • The increasing public acceptance of sexual minorities including the LGBT community (Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, Transgender persons and transsexuals)
  • The increasing percentage of NOTAs in North America: those who are NOT Affiliated with an organized faith group. Some are Agnostics, Atheists, etc. Others describe themselves as spiritual, but not religious.

:thumbsup:

~

Except For Israel (Sorta)

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. Jeremiah 31:3

And Long Ago, England, The USA And Such

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18

The Official State Religion Is Paganism, i.e. Godlessness

O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, that dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou hast made heaven and earth. Isaiah 37:16

The Official State Religious Activity Is To Wipe The Name Of Jesus Off The Map

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Isaiah 15:16

The Official State Position Is We The Government Are Here So There Is No Need For Your God

Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I. How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

Thy watchmen shall lift up the voice; with the voice together shall they sing: for they shall see eye to eye, when the LORD shall bring again Zion. Break forth into joy, sing together, ye waste places of Jerusalem: for the LORD hath comforted his people, he hath redeemed Jerusalem.

The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God. Isaiah 52:6-10

And What A Righteous Bunch Of Good Old Boys Are We

For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones. Isaiah 57:17

~

Future Cast

And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. Micah 4:2

Tomorrow's News Today

The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel. So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more. Joel 3:16-17

With Even A Big Ag Sunday Insert

And it shall come to pass in that day, that the mountains shall drop down new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the rivers of Judah shall flow with waters, and a fountain shall come forth of the house of the LORD, and shall water the valley of Shittim. Joel 3:18

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

I am not sure what you are getting at with this post. :confused:   :help:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I'll fully contribute my dear OneLight ,but before I do soI think it'll be best if I read others comme,including yours . So what do you suggest?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

If this is against religious liberty then I am not promoting it. I believe in religious liberty.