Refuge

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I am a Witch. I know that many of you think that I believe what I do because of a rebellious nature, but in reality, I follow this path because I have found something real. I have committed years to developing a spirituality that I can base my life on. However, I am beginning to realize that although it is real, it is not always fulfilling.

So, I have begun asking some tough questions, and I am giving this God of yours a second look. I have heard some amazing things about Him, and I have to wonder if they are true.

In search of answers, I have visited your churches. I have to admit that I am puzzled by what I have found there. I have sat in the pews hoping to gain knowledge, and instead I have walked away with only more questions.

In the first church I visited, I was met with shock and horror when you realized I am a Witch. Yes, I serve other entities, but what you failed to see was the fact that I was looking for your God. I did not come to your place of worship to disturb you. I came because, though you may not have been able to tell, I myself am disturbed. I have taken a great risk in entering your church, and I did not make that choice casually.

I

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Rest in the Bible, not man.

Be Blessed in Him.

t.

Edit- Oh man, refuge. You got me on this one!

Ok, I see what you are saying. :24:

Guest He's taking names

Instead of opening yourself up to going to a christian church open yourself up to our Lord Jesus Christ! finding Him can be as simple as a prayer...accept Him into your heart and give your life over to Him...He will hear your cry!

We as Christians are constantly failing to live up to His name and what He stands for...we are imperfect sinners! this is why we need the salvation of our Lord Jesus in our lives! I'm so sorry you have experienced this...but look to Jesus as Lord and you will find a LOVE beyond anything you can be told about! Read the bible and you will hear God's voice for your life! I pray you find Jesus' love in your life...He is there with you right now! open your heart to Him and repent of your sins, accept His love for you HE DIED SO YOU COULD KNOW HIS LOVE! do not deprive yourself of the truth...seek Him and He we show you His face and hide you in His loving arms.

I pray you can give your life to Him soon and reject the enemy.

Jesus already loves you.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Thanks for the rebuke, brother. May we listen. :24:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hey, Refuge!

If I'm reading this right, this is not your letter? I mean, you are posting a letter from someone else? Or someone else's perspective, not your own, right?

Think that might help clarify the issue.

But for the content - yeah, a sobering point.

I met a practicing witch. Actually, they prefer to call themselves "Wiccans" than "witches," even though they will use this term.

It is true, most Christians do not understand them or their religion and treat them through the perspective of traditional misinformation rather than as just normal people who need Jesus.

Sad.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Upon examination of this post? I have come to a conclussion. I know it is meant as thought provoking. :24: Yet it would seem that the person who wrote it was looking for evidence of God thru His people. Yes this should be the case. :24: Yet the whole reason for the Lords descension was the mere fact that He could find no one to stand in the gap.

I would venture to say this person will not find what he/she is looking for. Perfect people???? Perfect Church???? :24: He/she needs to look for Christ. The personhood of Him embodied in the people who fall short daily. We are but a mere reflection of Him. Some better than others. As long as they are looking at that imperfected reflection? They will not see Christ. Although they should by all means.

I would venture to say this person should lift their vision higher. That is the reason for the Priesthood of our Lord. We all have access upon repentance and acceptance of His Mighty Grace.

He/she is looking for human hands to uphold. He/she should be looking for heavenly hands. What was this person really seeking? It seems acceptance? :24: That can only be found in Jesus Christ. He will take you just the way you are. :24:

First though you must come without reservation. :24: Humbly, contritely, and poorly. :o

God Bless you.

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

I had a lot more luck finding the love of Jesus when I quit looking in the 'churches' for Him. There's a growing number of folks who love Jesus dropping out of the institutionalized religious centers for all the above reasons.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

There are also a lot of true Christians flocking back to the churches as well.

Praise God.

t.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

Those Philadelphian Churches are out there. Seek and you will find. The mind of Christ is looking after others needs, not your own. It spreads like wildfire. :24:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  03/08/1954

Welcome to Worthyboard, Refuge

There are alot of good churches out there yet, and, unfortunately, there are those that are not as open or accepting of those that to them are 'different' Im so sorry that in your quest to find answers to the questions you have that you have come across those. Man in general are full of mistakes, we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Thats why God sent His only Son, Jesus, to bridge that gap between us and God.

Youve come to the right place to help in your search for answers, being here in this forum, but if I may suggest, search Gods word, the Bible, for the answers you seek. Put your trust in Jesus to help you find the answers you need.

I am including a link to a site that Billy Graham has that offers answers to some of your questions. But, also, feel free to ask those in this forum, too.

May God bless you in your search for Him.

http://www.billygraham.org/SH_StepsToPeace.asp

Steps to Peace with God

Step 1

God's Purpose: Peace and Life

God loves you and wants you to experience peace and life