silviawang

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  147
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

The New is in the Old concealed, the Old is in the New revealed.

I agree that its sad, because when Jesus said to go and preach the gospel, we see Phillip go to a eunuch who was reading out of the book of Isaiah (In the OT) but the eunch didn't know "who exactly" this prophet was speaking of (whether he was speaking of himself) or of some other man. And Isaiah was speaking of Jesus Christ (even as David was not speaking of himself either) but of Jesus Christ (as shown in another place in Acts). And so what was kept secret (and/or left to be seen) was that found in Jesus Christ who was manifested (for us). The testimony of Gods Son.  And so we have an example which shows Phillip preaching Jesus Christ out of the book of Isaiah. Upon whom the eunuchs faith in Christ is established, and this through the use of the former prophets by the apostles (Christ being Chief stone of them). And so we see the faith (In Jesus Christ) coming by the hearing of the same (The word of God). Just as Jesus said, Moses wrote of me. And if ye believe not his words how then will ye believe mine? Because Jesus said, "they are they which testify of me". And yet of Christ (whom they do testify of) says, I will open my mouth in a parable and utter dark sayings of old. That means what he is uttering (in a parable) pertains to that which is of old. Its found there (even as the testimony of Him is found there). They are what Jesus used to expound to his apostles the very things concerning himself he was to fulfill. That's also where Paul in Acts 28:3 is shown persuading others of Jesus Christ.

But that's rare to find these days. And yet that's how faith in Jesus Christ did come. It come by the preaching of him (even his sufferings) as witnessed by the law and prophets who did testify of these (concerning him) and likewise his resurrection (even as David did so) seeing the same beforehand (being a prophet himself). And not many know what to do with them or preach Jesus Christ so much out from them in seeking to prove and persuade others of Him out of them.

Even when we say law, some go right to Moses (after Abraham). When Paul asks, ye who desire to be under the law do ye not HEAR the law?

Where did he start?

It is written ABRAHAM  and then goes onto to expound allegorically (concerning the law) as shown in Abraham having two sons by two women and what these represent (the two covenants) which shows in the very law itself one is to be casted out (in respects to a covenant) and even by the other, and long before we even see Moses entering into the picture (as we might understand it). Which is also where we can see a righteousness of God without the law (in a picture) such as this being witnessed by the law and the prophets themselves in this manner.....

:thumbsup:

Amen~!

~

The First

Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, Isaiah 40:7

Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. Hebrews 10:7

Testament Of Jesus

My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? Psalms 22:1

And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Mark 15:34

Is Good Eats

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. Revelation 22:4

Indeed

Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith. Habakkuk 2:4

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. Romans 1:17

Guest AFlameOfFire

Amen FresnoJoe, I think me and you can do this forever laughinsmilie.gif

Psalm 119:18 Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.

Psalm 40:7 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

Luke 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Luke 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

They are they which testify of me, just as the eunuch was reading the book of Isaiah

Acst 8:34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?

Acts 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

Jesus was reading from a certain place about him in the book of Isaiah also

Luke 4:20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.

Luke 4:21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

In otherwords, Thats me laughinsmilie.gif

Luke 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

Because they knew not the scripture. What typically follows after whats concealed is being revealed by him

Luke 22:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Or to be more accurate, the voices of the prophets which spake of the same sufferings they had presently witnessed

Acts 13:37 For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled them in condemning him.

All determined before and and yet was hid from them

Prov 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

And as they were to make men see these things (in the present)

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

They could do so by going into what testified of the same (the law and the prophets) before it was made known (ie manifested) in the person of Jesus Christ.

The scripture is jammed packed with the things concerning him, and one thing interlocks into another. And where one place stops here (it starts somewhere else). Finding them is all the fun of it really. It is the most amazing puzzle of words, you just never tired of it. That book gets better the more you read it too. After 24 years in the Lord I continue to add to my learning, and am always blown away by the excellency of the knowledge of Christ. But the gospel is found in the prophets, because they preached to others of Jesus Christ our of them. I found they give you a better clue as to why Jesus might have said something the way he did. Where it might seem to first appear as something randomly said (and your scratching you head over it)  but I find when you go backwards (to them) you somehow go forwards a bit faster or something, I don't even know how to put that laughinsmilie.gif

He is just amazing, how truly lucky we are to have Him in everyway we do. Theres just no greater gift.

God bless you bro

He is just amazing, how truly lucky we are to have Him in everyway we do. There's just no greater gift.

Amen~!

For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. Isaiah 54:5

~

As I Read One Holy Verse After Another

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Genesis 1:1

Their Echos Resound

I have made the earth, the man and the beast that are upon the ground, by my great power and by my outstretched arm, and have given it unto whom it seemed meet unto me. Jeremiah 27:5

Throughout

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:1-3

The Big Book Of Yeshua (Jesus)

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 11:4

And Boy Oh Boy Does The LORD Ever

I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels. My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death. For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me. They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture. Psalms 22:14-18

Love Us

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. Colossians 1:16-20

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  9

just the question:

is NT more important than OT?

No, the foundation of the Christian faith is in the OT. The entire Bible is the working out of the promises that God made to Abraham.

OT = the law

NT = the faith

Actually, the Law was given to the Jews. Abraham was in the OT and not under the Law. Additionally, the OT is as much about faith as the NT. However, as I pointed out the Christian hope is based on the promises God made to Abraham. Without the OT there are no promises to fulfill, thus there would be no NT.

i agree the law was given to and for the Jews. I agree Abraham was not under the law and he was in the OT. Yes their is a lot of faith expressed and taught in OT. Today because Jesus came to earth I use only NT although Ive read OT and NT twice

straight through. I stay mainly in NT now days.

sorry bout bold type

Hi Coheir,

My point is that it is the promises that were made to Abraham that the Christian looks forward to. God promised to give the promised land to Abraham and his Seed as an everlasting possession. Scripture says he never received any of the land, therefore for God to honor His promise to Abraham He must give him the land in the resurrection. The land was promised to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Paul says that it is this promise that is the believers hope or the "Anchor of the Soul"

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.€

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

21Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. (Gal 3:8-29 KJV)

Paul uses the phrase, "the blessing of Abraham" this phrase only appears one other place in the Scriptures and it refers to the land, the inheritance promised to Abraham.

KJV Genesis 28:1 And Isaac called Jacob, and blessed him, and charged him, and said unto him, Thou shalt not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan.

2 Arise, go to Padanaram, to the house of Bethuel thy mother's father; and take thee a wife from thence of the daughters of Laban thy mother's brother.

3 And God Almighty bless thee, and make thee fruitful, and multiply thee, that thou mayest be a multitude of people;

4 And give thee the blessing of Abraham, to thee, and to thy seed with thee; that thou mayest inherit the land wherein thou art a stranger, which God gave unto Abraham. (Gen 28:1-4 KJV)

Paul said that the "blessing lf Abraham" might come on the Gentiles through faith in Christ. It is this promise that is the final hope of the Christian. The promised land inheritance was made to Abraham and his Seed. The Jews understood that collectively, however, Paul points out that God did not mean seed and of many (plural) seeds but rather He meant it singularly as of one, He meant Christ. Paul goes on to say that those who have been baptized are Abraham's seed and heir according to the promise. That is the land promise. 

So you see, the OT is absolutely essential to our understanding of the hope in the NT. Without the OT we would have no understanding of what was promising.

Very simply, there are a number of promises made to Abraham. The land promise went to Isaac and Jacob, and their physical descendents, forever. The Messianic promises were about the seed, and go to those who receive their inheritance because of the seed. In otherwords, the land promise is a promise to physical descendents and the seed promise is to spiritual descendents.  

Ultimately, there will be a New earth, and a New Jerusalem, and this promise is thru the seed or spiritual descendents. At that time, the New earth will only be occupied by the Seed and the Spiritual descendents. All others will have been caste into the lake of fire.   

Actually the land was promised to Abraham himself as an everlasting possession. The physical Jews thought that they were the "seed" that was also included in the promise, however, Paul argues that that is not the case, He says the "Seed" is Christ. That's why Jesus told Nicodemus he had to be born again. Nicodemus was a Jew and as such believed that he was an heir of the promises made to Abraham. Jesus tells him no, your physical birth is not sufficient to gain you entrance into the kingdom of God, you must be born again. All the physical Jews were given was a temporary allotment in the land as long as they kept the law. Paul argues in Galatians 3 that the law cannot overturn the promise God made to Abraham.

God also promised to give that land to Isaac and Jacob. These men and Christ are the only ones who were given this promise.

I think you are ignoring or forgetting a lot of scripture.

Let's start with the fact the God called Moses to lead the children of Israel out of Egypt and into the promised land. There were all kinds of miracles and clearly God gave this land. The Mosaic covenant has as a punishment for disobedience, being removed from the land, but the removal was never permanent, as there is a promise of a regathering.  

Joshua 23:5

And the Lord your God, he shall expel them from before you, and drive them from out of your sight; and ye shall possess their land, as the Lord your God hath promised unto you.

Nehemiah 9:15
And gavest them bread from heaven for their hunger, and broughtest forth water for them out of the rock for their thirst, and promisedst them that they should go in to possess the land which thou hadst sworn to give them.

While the children of Israel were disobedient and God scattered them from the land, He has also promised to regather them into their land.

Ezekiel 36:

19 And I scattered them among the heathen, and they were dispersed through the countries: according to their way and according to their doings I judged them.

20 And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the Lord, and are gone forth out of his land.

21 But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went.

22 Therefore say unto the house of Israel, thus saith the Lord God; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.

23 And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the Lord, saith the Lord God, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.

24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

You must note that the final verse says 'your own land'. What land? The land promised to the descendents of Jacob.

Jeremiah 31:10

10 Hear the word of the Lord, O ye nations, and declare it in the isles afar off, and say, He that scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him, as a shepherd doth his flock.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

Now I understand, the NT is cfm the OT, bcs only the law of a faithful GOD/ruler is the real law